main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[CR Elections] Part Two -Manifestos posted. Q&A time.

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Spike2002, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    The point about other Sci-Fi fans is a very good one, and something the chapter should discuss. At the moment all people seem to be welcome, but is it worth encouraging other franchises rather than just "tolerating" (for want of a better word)

2. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Thanks Hal for that clarification. Those are the rules as it were and so they must be followed.

The point about meets though i'll add a personal footnote to and that's that I personally will not knowingly attend a meet where there would be unaccompanied people under the age of 16. If they are accompanied then fine - but what I said above, still stands in my eyes, even if it not a board rule as such.

Dave - I think the camping is a cool idea! I spend a lot of time in my tent and it'd be nice to do so in a more relaxed environment where i've not been fighting off the Undead all day...or some such!

The other fandoms - well, there are plenty of us on here already who are fans of other shows as well and I continue to tr to persuade cross gen fans that FFUK is a fine place to come and find some folks to hang out with!

(EDIT: Sie replied while I did on the ACR thing)

3. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Ven has raised his concerns with Spike and I and we've all just had a healthy debate and discussion about underage policy.

Later tonight, I shall write up a proposition to cover underage members and throw it open for discussion before the chapter votes on it (or not if there's an overwhelming tirade of people against it :p )

4. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Well, I don?t know most of the CR?s, so the first thing I?d do if I were voted CR would be to introduce myself to them and find out more about them and their chapter. I?m lead to believe there are areas on FF where the CR?s can talk to each other, so I?d imagine any discussions about promoting FF-UK could start there and we can take ideas to the members for discussion (or alternatively, if members had an idea it could be taken to the other CR's for discussion). I think communication is the key to all of the CR?s working together, whether it?s in a FF CR area, via email, face-to-face or MSN.

If you mean a specific type of promotion, then I think it would be a good idea to have a UK-wide FF leaflet that all members can contribute to and all CR?s/members could distribute it in their respective regions, if they were happy to do so.

5. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Usually we talk variously over MSN. The CR area isn't used much, other than to organise entire FF things (or FFUK things in the FFUK thread :p ). The European CR chats take place on MSN as well :p

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Speaking of the CR forum, hal and I are still awaiting updates on the status of your chapters and opinions on the new website *meaningful look at Cobra*

7. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Um...

*runs away*

:p

8. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    [face_tired] Ive fallen asleep. [face_tired]

When can we vote please? [face_praying]

9. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    i agree. let's put this to rest and get on with our thing, FF, lives etc.

10. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Spike's offline for a few days, but he texted me (at 0330 this morning, waking the wife and I up. She's not happy [face_plain] ) and asked me to get the voting started, so I shall now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.