main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Crap you really should know, but don't.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by opium, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    I almost reached my elbow.....

2. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I could but if I did I'd have to go to hospital! ;)

3. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Im going to lick my elbow till it kills me!

4. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I couldn't, Gecko can...

Her own I mean ;)

5. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Here's a baby name suggestion, Menace - something I overheard in the library last year: "I'm going to call my kid Cerebral Cortex. Imagine growing up with that as a name..."

* The majority of people have more than the average number of legs.

* 2/7 of your life is spent on weekends

* The average person sleeps for 4 months in a year

* A 1990 Morgan-Gallup poll found that people who believe in Aliens outnumber people who believe in God by 5:1... (well, the poll WAS in America...)

6. opium

opium Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 1999
    I can't lick it dammit.

* A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

* Duelling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

* If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds recieved in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

I like the name Adalita. She's my favorite rock chick, an i just love her. :)

7. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Actually, I have to dispute the photocopier one !! I work for a leading photocopier company and I can tell you that unless there is a country somewhere that has 100% of calls being buttock related, I don't think it's true.

However, we did once get a call from somebody asking if it was safe to do so.... (we're still laughing from that one)

8. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    * You can drown a fish by pulling it backwards by its tail.

* That licky thing was on the radio a few days ago (I tried it out then, couldn't reach).

* The length of your foot is roughly the same length from your elbow to your wrist.

9. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    i have to disagree with that last point, ki-bara. my foot is several inches shorter than the aforementioned length.

And no.... I can't lick my elbow...

10. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Did you know that ORANGE is one of two words that doesn't rhyme with any other word.

Do you think I remember what the other word is???

11. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
  12. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I'm pretty sure Purple and Silver don't rhyme with anything either.

13. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey djjb you know what they say about people with small feet... :p

14. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    ki, the leangth of your foot is also roughly equal to the circumference around your clost fist and your ankles.

A goldfish's memory span is three seconds

the ppl at the coke company use coke to clean the engines of their trucks.

if you put a t bone steak in a bowl of coke, it will dissolve in two days.

15. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Chimney rhymes with

* Jiminy
    * Polygamy

Kinda

16. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    ki-bara: ITS A MYTH, DAMN YOU!! A MYTH I TELLS YA!!!

I used to know heaps of useless crap.

17. opium

opium Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 1999
    so what happened, where'd it all go?

* Gilligan of Gilligan's Island had a first name that was only used once, on the never- aired pilot show. His first name was Willy.

18. Already-Turned

Already-Turned Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2001
    I can lick my elbow!
    .......But I think sprained my tounge when I did so.

* Is it physically possible to sprain a tounge?

19. Adakin

Adakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    I can't stop laughing!
    Everyone in my office is currently attempting to lick their respective elbows. There are tongues going everywhere & everyone is talking with that "I was born on a pirate ship" lisp!
    Too Funny!

20. Already-Turned

Already-Turned Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2001
    QUOTE: "There are tongues going everywhere..."

You must have a very 'interesting' office there Adkin!

21. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Opium I read somewhere the name Wendy came from a shortened version of a nick the author had for his friendywendy.

MM horses also can't burp... as a result if they get colic ie a bad case of gas, they stick a big needle in their gut to drain it.

In WA, also due to antiquated road laws, it's an offence to upset the nightcart... ask your nanna if you're not sure about that one :)

22. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Sorry to dig this thread up, but I got an email......

-A crocodile can't stick it's tongue out.
    -A shrimp's heart is in their head.
    -People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, you're heart stops for a mili-second.
    -In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attempted to do so).
    -It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
    -A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
    -Between 1937 and 1945 Heinz produced a version of Alphabetti Spaghetti especially for the German market that consisted solely of little pasta swastikas.
    -On average, a human being will have sex more than 3,000 times and spend two weeks kissing in their lifetime.
    -More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
    -Rats and horses can't vomit.
    -The ''sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick'' is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
    -If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force, they will pop out.
    -Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.
    -Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times
    -If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?
    -In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
    -The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
    -Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
    -A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
    -23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their buttocks.
    -In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.
    -Most lipstick contains fish scales.
    -Cat's urine glows under a black light.
    -Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.

23. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    Every one of the above list is a lie. It was made up and circulated by a guy who wanted to show how people beleive what they see on the net.

[Edit: Unless that's been crossed with another list, but the duck's echo is a dead giveaway. I'll try and hunt up the source, I think it's at snopes.com]

24. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Here's another fake factoid:

In the 1950s a movie theatre owner in New Jersey flashed the words "Eat popcorn" and "Drink Coca-Cola" on the screen during movies. In the 6 weeks he did this popcorn sales rose by 58% and Coca-Cola sales rose by 18%.

Thus began research into subliminal perception. ;)

25. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Actually Kalor, I do beleive that there were a couple on that list that are true/mostly true.

For example, If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force, they will pop out.

This is mostly true. That is to say, If you were to force your eyelids open and get yourself into a violent sneezing fit. I'm pretty sure you'd be seeing a doctor about getting your eyes put back in your sockets not too long after that ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.