main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daniel Craig in Ep7

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by bergstrom, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
  2. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    James Bond in TFA for longer than Luke Skywalker. That will impress the posters on a certain thread...

3. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I bet Pegg is in there somewhere... Maybe one of the pirates!

If I was a famous celebrity, i would have hit JJ up for a scene as an extra!

Import_Jedi likes this.
  4. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    My guess is that Pegg is the rumored "Naka," or someone in Maz's castle/ pub.

Craig will probably have his helmet on the whole time, and not be recognizable. At least, I hope that's the way of it. He'd take me right out of the film.

Dak Oolron, Dra--- and Strongbow like this.
  5. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    Depending on how it was done, I'd be OK with seeing his face. But i suspect it was a matter of him visiting the set and JJ asking... "Hey, ya wanna be a storm trooper?"

JJ was apparently fairly generous with offering visitors a chance to be an extra.... Like Oscar's Star Wars crazy uncle.

6. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Pegg's charactor is likely one that is unlikable and also one that is persistent about a negative opinion he has about something.

Shamear likes this.
  7. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    Maybe his character will be name Sha'On Dem'Ort. ;)

8. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Does anyone really care?

I shall guess he will be Finn's stormtrooper buddy that dies.

9. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I thought that was Pip Anderson?

At any rate, not sure why this is a big deal at all other than a "did you know?" trivia question years from now that Craig was a stormtrooper in the film whose face we never see and we likely never hear speak either. About as "who cares" as NSYNC set t to appear as blink and you'll miss them jedi in the Geonosis battle in AOTC.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  10. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    I really can't see why they'd hire a free running expert to play a stormtrooper

sterling3763 and Dak Oolron like this.
  11. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Was it ever confirmed that that was the role for Pip?

I'm not sure it was, so it could be anyone as far as I'm concerned...
    Dante Briggins
    Phoenix James
    Leigh Holland
    Amybeth Hargreaves
    Johnny Lynch
    Alan Chimes
    All stormies according to IMDB.

If someone Finn looks up to and respects tells Finn that The First Order is not all that it's cracked up to be just before he dies, it could inspire Finn to jump ship. That's why I'm going Daniel Craig for that role (as a total wild blind guess) :)

12. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

Since Andersen filmed at Puzzlewood, it's unlikely he's playing the stormtrooper friend that dies on Jakku. Not unless he's playing multiple characters. He's more likely a pirate or a Rebel.

These are the stormtroopers listed on the character list. Craig could be one of them or none of them.

Wounded Stormtrooper (village)
    Snowtrooper (Falcon)
    Stormtrooper #1 (village)
    Stormtrooper #2 (village)
    Stormtrooper #3 (Kylo Rens request)
    Stormtrooper #5 (woods)
    Stormtrooper #7 (snow steal)
    Stormtrooper #8 (door to ramparts)
    Stormtrooper #10
    Stormtrooper #11

There were actually reports from last September saying he'd have a cameo but his face would be covered. Unfortunately by then, they had already filmed the village raid, Yavin attack, and likely the scenes on the falcon. So it's hard to eliminate anything really.

sterling3763 likes this.
  13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    So, is the interview where this leaked out legit?

I only ask because the source is The Sun, and well...we all know their track record...

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Shamear like this.
  14. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

Funny. I only hear this sort of thing about Star Wars. :p

As much as I dislike the Prequels, Samuel L. Jackson never took me out of the film. Ewan McGregor never took me out of the film. The same goes for Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman, Jimmy Smits and Christopher Lee.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  15. 100009223693258

100009223693258 Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 20, 2015
    There was a rumored role for a "Forty something male, fit, military type."

I was thinking that if they went with the Finn was only a First Order Stormtrooper because his family was important politically or militarily, and he was just doing what was expected (like a British Royal serving or whatever), then the 39-year-old David Oyelowo (who was rumored to have met with JJ Abrams) could be his father, and he would fit the "Forty something male, fit, military type" role.

But yeah, Daniel Craig could certainly do a "Forty something male, fit, military type" role. And he may have some connection to Finn in the movie if he's in it.

16. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    cool i guess.

B99 likes this.
  17. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    That's conpletely different for me, as those actors were main characters. A tiny cameo from a star as big as Craig, on the other hand, would seem too much like an obvious "and here's when Daniel Craig came to the set!" moment. Unless, of course, he's almost entirely hidden, ala Stephen Colbert in the second Hobbit film.

18. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

All right. How would you feel if they were hidden, but you later discovered which role they played later on? Would you be okay seeing them when you rewatch the film?

19. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    I some people take this crap way to seriously.

Did Jimmy Smits take you out of the film? He is a big star and only had a very small role?

ok I understand we are all different but I fail to comprehend how Daniel Crag being a storm trooper would 'take you out of the film' that itself makes no sense what so ever! Did Matt Damon 'take you out of the film' with his cameo in 'Interstellar'?

this is what I see.. most if not all 'Hollywood stars' are huge Star Wars fans, and would jump at being able to be in the movie simply because its Star Wars. Most would probably do the work for free and just want to be a part of the franchise. Now I'm not a huge JJ fan, but that in itself solidifies JJ's 'cool Factor' that he's getting A-List starts to beg him to be in this movie.

Would the rumored cameo of Benedict 'take you out of the film'?

20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    you don't honestly think daniel craig has a big role do you? really?

21. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Don't like James Bond so don't care that he's in the film.

22. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Helluva a lot better than 'N Sync almost having a cameo in AOTC 13 years ago.

23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    how is something "almost" happening relevant?

24. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

It just is.

25. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014
    Craig will most likely be a stortrooper or something along those lines. I can see it now in the "Making of TFA" where they point out who craig is ofna bunch of stormies or something to that effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.