main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Confessions of Jedi Master Windu

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Shaitan, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMTHEGENERAL

IMTHEGENERAL Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Goodnight.[face_dancing]

2. Invictus_Sol

Invictus_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2003
    ...that Yoda had to make himself fight so good called "Yodad".

It's actually called Yo-Pah! On his way back to Coruscant, Yoda meets a group of Klingons and adjusts his fighting style from their instruction. This is one of the many twists left out of the book by Stover.

3. obi-won-der-bra

obi-won-der-bra Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Only the movies are canon. Or else Owen and Obi Wan would be brothers. ROTJ novel.

4. tephjo

tephjo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    It's actually called Yo-Pah! On his way back to Coruscant, Yoda meets a group of Klingons and adjusts his fighting style from their instruction. This is one of the many twists left out of the book by Stover.
    ---------------------------------------------------

..ahhhh yes. Yoda does indeed learn the vulcan death grip. :)

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Mace isn't evil. He's just too emotionally invested in what happens with the Republic. Much of it is expounded on by Stover, since he wrote "Shatterpoint" a couple of years ago.

Mace supported Dooku, the same way that Ki-Adi-Mundi did before he spoke up. Mace isn't evil, he just wants peace and is relcutant to fight for it. But he will. He is only upset in ROTS, because he realizes that they've been played from day one. Yes, the fine line between good and evil becomes blured when he faces Sidious. But he hasn't crossed the line and never gets to.

6. agcjedi

agcjedi Jedi Master star 1

Jul 10, 2003
    JustinPeeler said:

"Won't happen. The screenplay makes this clear.

You do know the screenplay is out, don't you?"

Uh, yeah, I do. You do know you a d*ck don't you?

Can you understand that it is still FUN to speculate and have an inkling that Lucas may slip something in the movies that might just surprise us? However unlikely it might be? Obviously not.

7. JustinPeeler

JustinPeeler Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2003
    agcjedi posted on 4/14/05 8:39pm
    JustinPeeler said:

"Won't happen. The screenplay makes this clear.

You do know the screenplay is out, don't you?"

Uh, yeah, I do. You do know you a d*ck don't you?

Can you understand that it is still FUN to speculate and have an inkling that Lucas may slip something in the movies that might just surprise us? However unlikely it might be? Obviously not.

[hr][/blockquote]

It's not fun to speculate on things that will never happen. What it is is a waste of bandwith.

Try to follow what happened.

Palpatine wanted to destroy the Jedi, but as good as he is he can't destroy them all by himself. So he needed a war. In order to have a war you need a threat and an army.

Then he programed that army to kill the Jedi when the time came.

Now, if Mace was behind the clone army, if he is in on Sidious' plan, [b]then why does he try to arrest him[/b]? You know, the scene in the trailer/Trivial Pursuit Game where he says:

"In the name of the Senate of the Galatic Republic, you are under arrest, Chancellor".

This is why this thread is pointless.

8. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    Mace is not evil. Idiots. He is trying to save the order and the Republic, since he knows the senate is corrupt. That's why he goes against Sidious in Episode III and falls when attempting to kill him. Stupid Anakin.

9. Arliss

Arliss Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    So is Obi-Wan a Sith disciple since he killed Maul and didn't arrest him? Afterall, he could've just sliced Maul's hand off, instead of killing him in true Sithly fashion!

You don't fight a junkyard dog with SPCA rules, you take the leash off your bigger, meaner dog.

10. sithforcemaster

sithforcemaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2004
    Mace is not a Sith.
    Mace is not evil.
    And Mace is DEFINATLEY not the ONLY blinded Jedi. As I recall He was the first to even suspect Palpatine as the hidden Sith Lord.

And GL would never go that deep in EPIII so forget it. This theory will only exist in your mind and won't play out onscreen whatsoever.

11. dark-sinister

dark-sinister Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    Mace Windu is NOT evil or a SITH.

What brand of crack are you guys smoking? Get a girlfriend and stop overanalyzing this movie.

12. IMTHEGENERAL

Nov 17, 2004

Where does the post say that mace is a sith?

Our verdict on mace windu has been the same since watching AOTC for the first time. No over-analysing, No false info, No drug use!

I guess TPM and AOTC wern't just aimed at a younger audience, as many seem to have missed the clever subplots involving master windu.

This is what makes alll this debating fun! a real conflict of opinions....

'The day' apprroaches....

13. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004

What brand of crack are you guys smoking? Get a girlfriend and stop overanalyzing this movie.

I dont appreciate being flamed over my opinions.

I have not said mace is a sith or that he is evil. I'm astonished that people on these threads cannot understand the simple point I have made nor bothered reading all of my thread before bashing my points.

I am not at all bothered however that people disagree with me and IMTHEGENERAL. Thats cool. Thats the fun of these boards. I just don't like being flamed when I have put over my opinion, backed up with points and a truck load of evidence.

MACE WINDU IS NOT A SITH. He is a Jedi who has been led down a dark path.

p.s Why on earth would I want a girlfriend with ROTS a month away?!

14. Master_Shaitan

Dec 31, 2004
    Stover Interview:

There was negotiation between my publisher and the editors of Lucas Books, and then only finally did they approach Mr. Lucas with it. Then only after getting his approval did they come to me and say, "Hey, we'd like you to do this. Are you interested?" So, as best I can reconstruct it, the folks at Lucas Books thought based on my two previous 'Star Wars' novels -- 'Traitor' and 'Shatterpoint' -- that I had a certain insight into the Force and the lure of the Dark Side.

Not only has Mr. Lucas succeeded in tying together the entire six-film cycle (and elegantly, too), but I've managed to weave in a significant amount of the Expanded Universe material in as well -- having started in the Star Wars realm as an EU author, after all. I was really trying to bring the whole Star Wars Universe together in this story, and while Mr. Lucas, in his line-edit, decided to excise a fair amount of the EU material, he also left a fair amount of it in...so I guess that makes whatever's left just a hair short of "G canon," for all the purists out there.

Mr. Lucas gave me a great deal of leeway in dealing with the dialogue and the details of this and that, as long as I didn't alter the sense of the action. The one place where I really had no freedom at all was in the characters' motivations: Mr. Lucas had an exceptionally clear idea of exactly why everyone was doing what, and he wasn't about to allow me to mess around with that even a little bit. After all, the "Why" is what this story is really about... and the funny thing was, there didn't turn out to be any gaps in motivation. It was all there: a real depth of human insight went into the creation of this story, as simple as its shiny surfaces might appear to some people. When I couldn't understand why someone was acting in a particular way at a particular time, it turned out that I just hadn't been looking deeply enough. In the end, it all turned out so clear -- and for me, anyway, so true -- that the character arcs have the same tragic inevitability as the mechanics of the plot. In a very real sense, they are the mechanics of the plot.

The question of "Why?" is really what the story is about. In a lot of ways, it's really what the saga is about, and I think that's something that even the hardest of the hardcore fans have been missing all these years. There's really a lot more going on under the surface than they ever suspected. That's something I think this film is going to bring home to them finally.

15. IMTHEGENERAL

Nov 17, 2004
    I think that the Matthew Stover interview says it all really. Even he hadnt looked deep enough into it. The evidence is there for all to see. The majority are misguided when it comes to Mace Windus character and why GL has set it up this way.

Prequel bashers will also look on this trilogy in new ways after ROTS, it will all make total sense.

However, i'm sure those who are stubborn enough to cling onto there pride will keep fighting!

fair play to you though. HOPEFULLY hear from you after the movie.

[face_peace]

Oh yeah and its interesting that GL edited the novel, word for word, yet left in Mace's attachment and the dark insights into his character.

16. darthRebel

darthRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2004
    I don't think he is a sith jet,I think he has hid the kamino files for his old master syfo dyas ,because of his attachment to the republic and fear of losing it and the power the jedi have in it.He has made a mistake...but he did it for the good from his point of view,however creating an army did make him more dark,his technique vapad is a manifestation of his fear and anger.

Chancellor palpatine advised syfo dyas ,his former mentor to use jango fett as a template for the rep clone army.(but jango was already working for sidious and secretly payed by him)Next syfo asks mace to hide the files.Sidious requests dooku to kill syfo dyas (dooku not evil at this point does it cause he thinks syfo and sidious are sith and and need to be killed,also because the rep is corrupt and even the jedi,he was an idealist afterall,but slowly he will become more dark too) .But in secret sidious payed jango more money for his own plans.He pays jango to stay on kamino and wait for the moment when a jedi would come there.Then jango is ordered to reveal the identity of darth tyranus,dooku to this jedi.I always thought it was strange jango told the name of his employer right away,especialy saying it was a darth lord to a jedi,makes no sense.This is all part of sidious plan.Mace has doubts when hearing of kamino,because he doesn't know what happened to syfo,he fears he has become the new lord of the sith and he can't believe its dooku either.Then he goes to geonosis and sees with his own eyes that dooku is a sith lord and that jango is standing beside dooku and working for him.when he confronts jango on the battlefield he is unable to controle his anger and decapitates Jango and gives an evil look to dooku.Dooku looks surprised to mace windu cause he thought they were working together(they is jango,mace,syfo...) and mace windu was helping the sith.A confusion moment.I think dooku was real when he asked obi wan to join him to overthrow the sith.Dooku has become evil and has become a sith himself ,but he still wants to destroy the corrupt republic and rule it and overthrow the other sith.

This could well be my fantasy also...but I think its possible.I think sidious played them and set them all up(to begin with syfo,then dooku,eventualy anakin,...)He is using all ex-jedi to destroy the republic from outside and from within.

17. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    I think that the Matthew Stover interview says it all really.

I agree: ...Mr. Lucas gave me a great deal of leway...

Darth Sinister pretty much summed up my feelings earlier.
    And you two guys pretty much highlighted your ability to grab the wrong end of the stick with the wild insinuations you attatched to two totally innocuous stills from well-documented deleted AOTC scenes...

18. Master_Shaitan

Dec 31, 2004
    If you had a sense of humor GiG and a were not so intent on confrontation you would have discovered that those stills were used to lighten the thread. The captions were jokes.

Sinsiter flamed my opinions. He gave no argument what so ever. Argue for why mace is a hero. Why his character would be written in as a hero. Then i'll respect those arguments. Flaming and insults get no respect nor deserve any.

The one place where I really had no freedom at all was in the characters' motivations: Mr. Lucas had an exceptionally clear idea of exactly why everyone was doing what, and he wasn't about to allow me to mess around with that even a little bit

19. darthRebel

darthRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2004
    If you look at the previous movies it does make sense.All the clues are there,the mystery of syfo dyas and mace his former apprentice could all be revealed in the mace-anakin-sidious fight and it makes the story a lot better.

20. Get_in_Gear

Nov 29, 2004
    Sinsiter flamed my opinions.

DARTH-Sinister, the mod, not DARK-Sinister, the guy who flamed you.

And I do have a sense of humour, it was that fact that you two don't that made me think you were serious with the pics.
    The captions were no more far-fetched than the rest of your Mace theories - what was I supposed to think?

21. Starwars_1977-1983

Starwars_1977-1983 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2004
    Mace is wooden, concerned, worried, left with very few lines of dialogue. He keeps repeating "it is settled then" every two minutes, and frowns eyebrows.

Some people consider it to be a good indication of his evil intentions.
    I can't see the point of this speculation. There's nothing to support it. I even wonder how it started. Worse, even if it was true, it would be so totally pointless ! This is *definitely* not an interesting plot twist (IMHO).

Why not just face reality : after three movies, there's not much to say about that Mace Windu character. :(

The less jedi are evil, dark, grey, light grey, sith, bad, or whatever, the better for the saga.

22. Master_Shaitan

Dec 31, 2004
    Yeah, i meant Dark Sinister.

I believe some people are now beginning to see where i got my 'far fetched' theories from. OK, theres a chance they may turn out to be wrong (though im 99 percent certain) but as some people have seen I have backed up what I have said. If this does happen then what would you make of it taking into account my explanation and 'evidence'. If you can see that it would make sense then i suggest you take back the far fetched comment.

23. Get_in_Gear

Nov 29, 2004
    If this does happen

MS, that's the big thing, if WHAT exactly does happen?
    What are you proposing happens?
    Mace fights Sidious and puts up the fight of his life.
    He looks pretty pissed.
    That is confirmed.

But so what - I am afraid it will take a lot more than that to establish any of your theories...

24. IMTHEGENERAL

Nov 17, 2004
    I am afraid it will take a lot more than that to establish any of your theories...

Just button it and wait til the movie mate!

Have a nice day.

[face_peace]

However, do feel free to try and answer this little passgae from MR Stover-

When I couldn't understand why someone was acting in a particular way at a particular time, it turned out that I just hadn't been looking deeply enough. In the end, it all turned out so clear -- and for me, anyway, so true -- that the character arcs have the same tragic inevitability as the mechanics of the plot. In a very real sense, they are the mechanics of the plot.

The question of "Why?" is really what the story is about. In a lot of ways, it's really what the saga is about, and I think that's something that even the hardest of the hardcore fans have been missing all these years. There's really a lot more going on under the surface than they ever suspected. That's something I think this film is going to bring home to them finally.

Good luck.

25. Sith

Sith Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 1998
    **** this is sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.