main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight graphics help

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by MarcusP2, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I just got hold of a copy of this, and I've got it set to the highest detail settings (a resolution higher than my desktop one). However, the game screen/view window takes up only a fraction of my monitor. The health and ammo icons appear right at the bottom corners of the monitor, but there is about a 3 inch black bar on the bottom and sides. Does anyone know what causes this?

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You can expand it with the + key (or something similar, maybe shift-+?), check your instruction manual.

3. SsYdD

SsYdD Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    Dude your monitor doesnt support the resolution that you chose.Thats the answer

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Dude your monitor doesnt support the resolution that you chose.Thats the answer

Yes. Riiight...
    *cough* JP is right *cough*

Seeing as you can see the Ammo and Health at the bottom, the main screen size is just too small. Hit the = and - buttons to the right of the numbers on the top of the keyboard to increase the screen size, you'll find the same with ye-olde FPS games like Doom, Heretic, Dark Forces, etc.

5. SsYdD

SsYdD Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    yah its an old game i didnt realize that,but choosing the wrong res will do that also

6. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Choosing the Wrong Res will mean you won't see anything. And D3D usually clears all the unsupported options in most games.

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > but choosing the wrong res will do that also

As SC pointed out, that doesn't explain how the health & ammo displays manage to show up in the bottom corners of the monitor. And it would be odd for a higher-resolution-than-desktop setting to take up a smaller portion of one's monitor.

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    It worked. Thought I'd tried that, but seemingly the + on the numpad does not work. :)

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.