main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Maul - - By far the coolest villian

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Qui-won_Jinobi, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-won_Jinobi

Qui-won_Jinobi Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I see no way around it. Darth Maul is a young, athletic, tatooed, bad guy. He doesnt wear a disco suit (Darth Vader), and he isnt a hundred years old(Dooku). His physical appearance is by far the coolest looking and he does some pretty tricky acrobatic moves. Oh yeah he also has a double bladed lightsaber.

2. JBRO_13

JBRO_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    And he got cut in half.

Next.

3. Solo_So_Low

Solo_So_Low Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    i agree - darth maul is my favourite villian. he is pure badass, doesnt speak, jst runs straight into battle. i hate dooku - i really think he was a bad choice for a sith lord,hes old and grey and has bad teeth and talks too much. Darth Maul all the way! also Mauls cloaks are the best

4. minastirith

minastirith Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Maul was a great villain- he sort of stretched the limits of a Sith Lord. Palpatine was the manipulator, Vader was the hired muscle, Dooku was a mediator... but Maul was a trained bulldog who was ready to fight.

"He had waited his entire life for the chance to fight a Jedi... to fight two was an added bonus."

But I would actually argue that the coolest villain in the Star Wars saga is in fact Count Dooku. He has the sophisticated elegance and majesty you would not connect with a Sith Lord. And he is a genuine ass-kicker...

5. T16Skyhopper

T16Skyhopper Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2002
    I agree. As a pure character, Maul rivals Vader. Hell, if he had been the Sith apprentice of the PT (aside from Vader, obviously), he'd probably be an even better villain than Vader.

But Lucas had to go and turn him into a mute that gets knocked off almost instantly. :(

6. Battlemaiden

Battlemaiden Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    Nah, Vader is much cooler.

Followed by Grievous

Then Dooku.

Then Jango.

Then.. maybe Maul. = P

7. dat_dude

dat_dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Maul looked cool, but I dont think there was a lot you could do with him. He jumps around and fights, does not talk much. You could not have him leading a rebellion. You need a guy like Dooku for that.
    Maul looks cool, but not a lot of depth. Three movies of that would get boring.

8. minastirith

minastirith Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Like I said, Maul was just the bulldog. Could you imagine him leading a CIS(Seperatists)? Funny, but not likely.

Dooku attempting to manipulate Kenobi- THAT was cool.

9. dat_dude

dat_dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Dooku did not look as cool, but you could write a better story around him.

10. thejazzman

thejazzman Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    ok, that's just stupid. Other than fighting in PM. All he does is walk around.

11. Koss

Koss Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    Oh by far I think he is too. I really have been disappointed in these new films. I thought it would've been awesome if Maul survived and Vader had to fight him in the last movie to become Darth Sidious new right hand man....

12. SithLord4488

SithLord4488 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    maul was good, but he seemed to die so easily! i mean if a jedi jumped out of a ditch thingy i would just slice him on the way up

13. raniE

raniE Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I think that Sidious is by far the best villain of the PT. His manipulations and scheming are great, Maul is just one of his tools, a weapon.

14. Qui-won_Jinobi

May 23, 2005
    but they could have developed him a lot more so he could be seen as a hardcore fighter but also he leader of a rebellion.

15. Qui-won_Jinobi

May 23, 2005
    And Obi-wan should have been sliced in half for jumping out of that ditch thing, i mean come on if he could chop Vader down so easily in ROTS, Maul would have been able to do the same thing, but then we couldnt continue or story (not to mention that he had a higher distance to jump...)

16. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Maul is my favorite Sith, by far. And he's much cooler than Grievous (who isn't even a Sith).

17. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Then it would be pointless comparing Maul to Grievous, then, wouldn't it? :p

Either way, yes, Maul is pretty badass.

18. TheOneX

TheOneX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Darth Maul wasn't the best villian, but he was the best and coolest badass. In all the movies.

19. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Coolest, yes. Most effective, no.

20. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    I love Maul for his acrobatic abilities, and that he dosn't waste time talking.

21. Maphisto86

Maphisto86 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    He is still a favourite of mine despite it being almost six years since Episode I was released in theaters. After Palpatine, Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus and Darth Vader, Darth Maul is a large favourite on my list. Even though I had no problem with him dying, I wished he was given more credit in the other prequels as well as some of his cool Sith parapheneilia being used by other Sith. For example his Sith speeder should have been used by Dooku in AOTC, as well as his uber cool ship the Sith Infiltrator ( or 'Scimitar' in one of the EU books ) should have been used by the EU character Assaj Ventress. She was Dooku's Dark Jedi apprentice right ? Instead of that fanblade fighter, she should have used the Sith Infiltrator.

22. dartharseneau

dartharseneau Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    It's funny to hear people say that darth Maul is not a very cool character because he doesn't talk much and is not in the movie very much, he just looks cool, and Yet Boba Fett is one of the most favorite characters, HMMM.
    One thing that my wife brought to my attention. Anakins Eyes only turn Red when he is totally P***ed off. And they go back to normal when he's not. Even the Emperors eyes are not always red. Now Darth Mauls eyes are ALWAYS red, meaning he is always Ticked off and ready to use the dark side. That is one bad mother.

23. DarthSnoman

DarthSnoman Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    Like I've said in previous threads, Maul fought the Jedi before TPM. Try reading Darth Maul Shadow Hunter and that will give some back ground on him. There's a part in the book where he's referred like the terminator. " he cant be bought off, reasoned with and will not stop etc." Anyway, its a good book.

24. struan

struan Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    Not too sure about coolest villain but he's part of the coolest lightsaber duel in my opinion. 3/4 limbed Anakin/Vader would have been far cooler.

25. Jedi_Coleman_Trebor

Jedi_Coleman_Trebor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Maul LOOKED and fought like the baddest out of all of them, but he had none of that "badass personality" that Vader or Dooku had. Then again... Maul had what, four lines in the movie??? Now that I say that, Maul really had NO personality.

Personality-wise, Dooku was the baddest. He was such a jerk and so cocky... It was awesome :)

And ultimately, Vader is the cross between both. He was an all-out bastard [no pun intended], just like Dooku was. And he also had that awesome mask that gave him his badass look. Not to mention those force powers.

Who doesn't love a man who throws elderly men off of balconies of oblivion anyway??? Vader has my vote :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.