main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You should be careful with that word in these parts :p

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

TCW special addition we add more rocks!!!

3. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    What actually happened to Maul's lightsaber? He is only using his darksaber in SoD... if the Death Watch retrieves the darksaber why not the lightsaber, too?

4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Maybe Sidious recognised Maul's old saber and took it away himself.

5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Probably cut in half after Sids broke the bladelock near the end of their duel.

6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I thought Sidious cut the emitter heads off both sabers when he broke the final blade lock with Maul in The Lawless? He sort of worked his own blades around, then suddenly both of Maul's blades disappeared.

7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

That's a cool story, thank you for sharing! I really liked the magick sequences in the show. Probably would've been a cool moment in the battle. What if they mimicked his infamous double-lightsaber-ignition with the magicksaber? The whole battle would've rocked.

Did you read Star Wars #1? Some readers spotted what looked like Nightbrother slaves. There may have been survivors.

MandaloreRex2015 and Vorax like this.
  8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea, I'm aware of the Zabraks in the first two issues of Star Wars, but am unsure if they're from Dathomir or as they wouldve been prisoners of the Droids(if they took prisoners) that were handed over the Republic/Empire and they would have been in captivity for around 15 years if its the case either way. They do seem like Dathomir type Zabrak rather than the Koth/Kolar/Sugi type, but could've just been cameo species as they threw in a lot of PT/TCW style aliens to make sure this comic was connected to that universe.

Am disappointed that Star Wars.com did not feature enough or more concept art from the 4 episode arc, including the magicksaber.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  9. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Hmmm. They imprisoned the Twi'leks, Mon Cala, and Togruta.

10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I mean if the Droids took prisoners on Dathomir, as it looked like a war of extermination and genocide and the Nightbrother warriors judging from what we saw in the actual toon did not look large in number plus Dooku killled the handful of their finest warriors in issue #4. Brother Vicus's whereabouts is a mystery and I would like to know more about, he sorta became more interesting and semi-important but vanished from the issue after he went to go prepare Talzin's chambers.

11. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015

That would have been amazing. A pity that this wasn't given enough issues to tell the full story. As much as I love the comic, I wish it had been 8-12 issues instead of 4, so that we could have gotten as many episodes as possible.
    Back on the topic of what was cut, did Mr. Barlow confirm any other details about what was cut?

darskpine10 likes this.
  12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Dooku killed the Nightbrothers in #3, self amend that post above.

_________

Yeah, it came out nice and I guess we should be grateful and for the work put into it. But yeah you can surely tell it was edited and the kinda atmosphere involved. Atleast 6-8 comics would've been ideal.

13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    What the heck, hehe. Issue #2, my hey fever today is like being influenced by the darkside, I apologize. *Wish the edit function could be available for atleast 24hrs.

14. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Those Zabrak could have been Nightbrothers as an easter egg. It's unrealistic to think the coven of Nightsisters and the clan of Nightbrothers from CW were the only ones on Dathomir, and the only ones in the greater SW galaxy.

15. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Have you ever noticed in #1 there is a picture Maul when he was a child shortly after Sidious had abducted him from Mother Talzin. And Maul's eyes were already yellow. I wondered about his eye-color before.

16. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014

Considering Savage's eyes were also Yellow before he was transformed, as well as Feral's, I think it is just a natural colour for Dathomirian Zabraks.

17. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    No, Savages eyes were greyish-green before his transformation. Feral's eyes were orange. "Monster" shows it quite clearly. And "The Lawless" for Savage's back-transformation as well.

cwustudent and darklordoftech like this.
  18. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
  19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I noticed they gave Savage less red and more yellow, with Maul the reverse:

[​IMG]

The orb Maul looked different and more movie accurate, coloring pattern wise, than the Maul they used when he actually physically appeared who became more longer and narrow faced and more simplified pattern:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saga Explorer and Sudooku like this.
  20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I got the volume for Christmas and thought it was pretty cool. Maul is my favourite Sith and just love what they did to him after The Phantom Menace. I don't like Talzin that much, but really admire her for being one of the few that can actually put up a fight against Sidious. One part of the comic that stood out to me, was Maul taking on Mace and Aayla at the same time and even managing to knock Aayla away while fighting Mace. Maul's gotten a lot more powerful and I'm really excited to see where his story goes next, if it does go anywhere at all.

darskpine10 and Sudooku like this.
  21. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I like that picture in #1 where Maul is upside-down whirling high above in the air swinging his Darksaber.

22. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    I have just read the words:Sheev,Maul,Father in one sentence.I have not read the comic.Someone please explain.And I think we have two threads on SOD.

23. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Sheev and Talzin had a one-night stand and Maul was the end product. Sheev would later kidnap him, not realizing that Maul was actually his son.

None of the above is true. As far as we know.

darskpine10 likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Well except for Talzin being the mother.

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If Sheev's the father, where did Maul's horns and red skin come from?