main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Darth Maul's survival story. Sliced in half...what happens next?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Nov 5, 2014.

1. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Maybe it is supposed to..but then that negates everything we learned in the Plagueis novel, and also takes away from the character of Palpatine. His most dastardly deed in ROTS is tricking Anakin into betraying the Jedi under the false pretense that he somehow knows the secret to immortality. When he says "if we work together I know we can unlock the secret." Anakin and the audience realize that it was all a lie. Now it should be more like "Darth Maul knew the secret to cheating death so we should just consult him."

cwustudent, zompusbite and Thuro like this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Plagueis novel unfortunately isn't canon anymore. Anakin might be an idiot in ROTS but wouldn't he be more willing to go along with Palpatine if there was some factual truth in the story? Did Anakin even hear Palpatine say that or was he too far gone at that point? Need to say the scene again. When Palpatine said only one discovered the secret, I always assumed it was Plagueis but who knows? I try to ignore the whole situation.

3. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Maul's survival is nothing to do with midi-chlorian manipulation, they were searching an answer for saving others from death, not saving himself from death.

Maul's situation is the opposite ;

4. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    Any type of Force use is about manipulating midichlorians. Maul's situation makes no sense.

Big_Benn_Klingon and zompusbite like this.
  5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What? Maul didn't master any secret.

6. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    I think the Nightsisters had something to do with it. Mother Talzin must have been aware of the increasing power of the dark side and so maybe she was keeping an eye on things. When the Sith openly attack the Jedi that may have piqued her interest even more and she kept a close watch on Maul. So when he was defeated she may have acted to save him. It's possible that she used her powers to transport his body to another planet, or maybe just extracted his spirit and formed him a new body on that junk planet. Then the Nightsisters left him there until they needed him.

Although such powers are not usual in SW it could be possible, since they Nightsisters have a vareity of powers. It could be possible for them to 'see' where Maul's body was, then deconstruct it into energy. Then they would need to use their powers to create a hole through space in order to transport Maul's body somewhere else, before reconstructing it there.

Admittedly this seems quite wacky but it seems to be in line with what is seen of the Nightsisters' powers - remote viewing, transforming matter etc, so I think they could have saved Maul from that pit on Naboo and kept him alive.

rumsmuggler and Thuro like this.
  7. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Yep. Pretty much think Yoss summed it up. The Nightsisters saved him.

Lets just hope Lucas doesn't form stories out of the more "colorful" fan fiction. (Oh wait, you're skin is soft, not like sand. Makes perfect sense now.)

8. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    Dude, read the convo before you comment.

9. Carrie Walsh

Carrie Walsh Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 13, 2014

No, midichlorians are not the same thing as the Force. This is such a common misconception, and it always bugs me. Qui-Gon tells Anakin that they are microscopic life forms in all cells that the Force speaks through. The more midichlorians you have, the more Force sensitive you are. The Force is still its own separate entity.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I did (dude), and Maul still didn't learn any secret for immortality.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  11. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    Well then somehow you read it but failed to grasp it. Or maybe you are completely out of the loop? I don't watch TCW but even I know that Darth Maul is reborn as a recurring character..

12. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    I didn't say midichlrorians are the Force. I said "Any type of Force use is about manipulating midichlorians." which goes hand in hand with what you just quoted.

Big_Benn_Klingon likes this.
  13. Carrie Walsh

Carrie Walsh Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 13, 2014

That's not true though. Palpatine is very clear in Revenge of the Sith that Plagueis was the only Sith capable of manipulating the midichlorians.

Marco1907 likes this.
  14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Or maybe your speculation is not accurate.

He's not reborn, he just was never killed. Maybe watch it before passing judgement on it...?

cwustudent and Andy Wylde like this.
  15. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Apart from surviving how was Maul supposed to get those first spider legs? They looked organic.

Well this makes Mother Talzin easily the most powerful Force user in the galaxy. She can somehow physically transport someone from another planet? Makes Yoda lifting the X-Wing look like a rank amateur. & after she went to the trouble of performing this miraculous feat she left Maul to rot in a junkyard for 10 years?? Doesn't add up.

16. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    As silly as his surviving being cut in half is, I don't see Maul's survival as any different than Anakin's. If the idea is that like Anakin, Maul clung to hate in order to survive, I don't think the intent is that he cheated death in the same sense that Palpatine is alluding to when seducing Anakin.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  17. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    Nope. There is already a perfectly good ending in the original continuity.

18. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    Surviving 3rd degree burns and surviving being cut in half are completely different. One happens fairly often in real life, one has never happened ever.

19. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    What about losing three limbs and then being subjected to third degree burns, coupled with the severe emotional devastation of losing everyone you've ever cared about?

The principal is the same. I don't think we are meant to believe that Maul knew the secret to prevent someone/himself from dying. Unbelievable as it is, he apparently survived his injuries and lived to fight another day the same as Vader did.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  20. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    It's interesting to ponder what actually happened to Maul wether he just simply died as it looked or did he manage to survive? Very interesting indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    For me absolutely nothing. He's dead.

22. roguesquadpod

roguesquadpod Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2014
    He got cut in half. He's dead. End of story [face_devil]

23. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    Believe whatever you want...people survive 3rd degree burns every day, no one has ever survived being sliced in half at the abdomen. It's that simple.

24. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Do you know Dark Jedi Maw ?

[​IMG]

Slater likes this.
  25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yeah, and who's arguing that?

Andy Wylde likes this.