main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Darth Plagueis is Snoke? (Episode VIII & IX)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DANNASUK, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Episode VII provided a very 'wonderful' discussion on whether or not Darth Plagueis is Snoke. So, why not restart the arguments, fighting debate early for whether or not the other two movies will reveal Snoke in more detail.

2. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    Cue the Picard "Not this **** again" meme.

3. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The original thread from Ep7 section was a fascinating and detailed discussion before the name 'Snoke' was dropped. One of the best threads I had the pleasure of being part of.

Lord Optimus and Robert Merrill like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  5. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    I find it ... amusing ... frustrating ... amazing ... unusual how people can listen to a story that was told by a man who manipulates people as easily as others breathe, just so happens tell a Jedi, who refuse to pull up his big boy pants, whom he wants to join in him the Darkside about a mysterious Sith Master who had learn the secret of immortally. And he tells it in a way that the fool ... moron ... misguided Jedi to start thinking that the Sith maybe the only way to save his wife without thinking through the consequences. And of course, this all powerful SIth Master, who clearly, must be more powerful then Yoda and the council combine, decided to take a nap instead of doing the final steps to insure immortally and ends up dead at the hands of his apprentice.
    How can anyone hear that story and think that any of it is actually true?

6. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
  7. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I for one was hoping for there to be a moment in TFA when Kylo Ren would say "Yes......master Plageius"

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    The Plagueis debates: They will never end. [face_laugh]

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Let the fun begin again.

10. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Because back in the old EU, an author wrote a book about him and made him a real character to a lot of people.

I've never doubted that Plagueis was a real character in this universe. Palpatine relished in his death too much for the story to be made up. He obviously lied about a lot of it, though.

SoloBrothers likes this.
  11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

It could be worse, Reddit is starting a "Rey Palpatine" debate....

As for Plagueis. The name and character is canon, the Tarkin novel actually makes reference to him and certain elements of the old EU book. So, he is canon.

cwustudent likes this.
  12. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    That would be the best thing in the sequel trilogy, but I really doubt they will make it.

13. Darth Apex

Darth Apex Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2015
    what if, Plageous had a baby while playing his alter ego of heugo dimask? and snoke is the child?

mind = blown

DarthKreVass and cwustudent like this.
  14. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    The evidence for this is as follows:

1. The soundtrack for Snoke sounds eerily similar to the Darth Plagueis music from ROTS.
    2. Identity completely unconfirmed in TFA.
    3. The line "Supreme Leader is Wise."

15. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    This is an interesting theory. Is Snoke a Sith holocron?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/3x8fzj/snoke_is_a_sith_holocron/

DurararaFTW likes this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Snoke. Wow.

17. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Snoke is Plagueis. A debate that some consider to be....unnatural.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It's either Plagueis or it kinda looked like to me like what Palpatine would look like if he had been sucked through a reactor shaft of a Death Star. (they cast Andy Serkis so to not make it completely obvious but once Snoke leeches all of his power out of Kylo Ren he's Palpatine again!)

19. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    After seeing Episode 7, I just think that Emperor Palpatine is so far in the past that being his master means nothing. If Snoke is a Sith of any kind, why not make him even more ancient than the master of a dead Sith?

Palpatine isn't even mentioned, so if Snoke is his master, you think they'd at least drop a mention of him in there.

The Sith are mentioned by Maz Kanata as if they're just another evil faction from the past and that the First Order are the big bads we're dealing with. The Knights of Ren and the First Order are the threats here, with the Sith being Star Wars history.

And I mean history in the most literal of terms. Elements of the Sith may re-appear in dark side users, but The Sith are the past. This franchise is moving forward. If they rehash any old ideas, they're at least putting a new name on them.

Seeher likes this.
  20. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Plagueis debate round two. It will never end. Never. He truly is immortal.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Someone on reddit pointed out the designed of Snoke's throne looks like something from Moraband; tbh, I'll have to rewatch that TCW episode again, but I do not recall a throne room being shown.

Puke-Jaywalker Yeah, I noticed a KoTOR feel to the ST.

22. Darth Mollie

Darth Mollie Jedi Knight

Aug 1, 2014
    Just had a mental picture of that. Ewwwwww

23. beedubaya

beedubaya Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 15, 2014
    People aren't taking this Snoke = Plagueis rumor seriously, but I really hope its true. I think it would be an excellent way to tie all three trilogies together and reveal a sinister mastermind, worse than Darth Sidious, behind everything.

24. cajun_duck

cajun_duck Jedi Master

Feb 24, 2006
    I think it would be very interesting if Snoke was Plagueis, but my issue with this is that Snoke doesn't totally resemble a Muun. It doesn't appear as though his head is tall enough, like the banking clan from AOTC.

25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I would also like to mention that Snoke seems to be afraid of Luke. Judging by his comments to Kylo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.