main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Darth Real Life: in which we monitor the most dreaded Sith Lord's attacks upon our precious RP

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Hammurabi, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Upcoming math GRE! Grad school applications! Research! Yes, it's time for me to go green again. I'll try to keep updates somewhat regular, but if I fall behind, you know what to blame.

The system.:p

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    And power has been restored!

I'll be getting around to all my updates within the next few days. :)

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I shall be gone tomorrow and back the day after.

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    So I think I have to post something here, as I might be the only one witnessing the dramatic events of almost religious nature that happened this morning around one of the members of this community.

I had a meeting for lunch with the user known as DarkLordoftheFins, to celebrate his last working day for a few month. It was a wonderful idea and we met at Jungfernstieg in Hamburg, right in the heart of our little metropolis at the sea. We talked and passed the small shops who try to survive in the extremely expensive subway promenade connecting the three main lines of our town. Just as we had decided on a restaurant which wasn´t romantically coded (Fin is my Ex) and not crappy (McDonalds!) Chris/TheFin suddenly stopped. he stepped two steps back, looked around and then suddenly turned to me and said: "I need a second."

I was surprised, as I knew he was a gamer, but him heading so straight for a computer shop with this fever in his eyes, I hadn´t seen in years. He went straight to the counter, where a long legged, young girl with the most terrible make-up was sitting and chewing her gum. He didn´t look at the games, he didn´t check sales. He just went straight to her. What the hell?!? I thought. He had the job (we agreed upon that beforehand) to build up my ego after an especially nasty break up I just had gone through and now he was hitting on this child? At least he didn´t seem to be very successful in his first run. He greeted her with his most charming smile and she looked up and seemed not to like what she saw, as she behaved as if he was the most disgusting thing ever and below her level.

But The Fin did not give up so fast. He did not give up at all. So I watched in awe, as he pulled, reinvented, varied every trick there was. From guessing her favourite coffee (White Chocolate Mocca), to doing the impressive trick of organizing one without leaving the counter, from philosophy about what name was fitting for her, to an off comment, that women like her did not belong behind counters. Why not? Her legs. He really said that. The reason where her legs. After not more than ten minutes he had broken her. She was his. That little shuta was eating out of his hands and I grew seriously jealous by now. What the hell was going on here? But chris didn´t even ask for her damned number? What was his plan? Do it right now and then in the shop? From her eyes, I´d say the chances were 50/50 she would do that if he asked!

And then, having her prepared, hanging at his lips, her eyes laughing at every joke of him, he made his move. He leaned forward and whispered . . . with a voice so sweet angels weeped and smile so devilish, any religious soul went to it´s knees to pray to the powers above . . . "Could you do me a favour? Could you check if you have any Skyrim left?"

And I understood.

As someone who once broke up with him because of his Oblivion obsession, everything became clear to me! Elder Scrolls was more like a religion to him, than a game. That stupid little thing probably never realized the game wasn´t meant for sale until Friday night. She also forget to calculate her firms profit, when she sold it to him for 37 Euro. And when he thanked her and turned to go, she had not even got his number or given him hers.

On his way out, Fin told me he had to cancel our lunch, except I got something from Vapiano and came to his place to watch him play. I actually did that. And as we went into the subway I asked him if he was the devil. He looked at me, shrugged and grinned. "Hell no, but midnight release is for losers".

So, I think it might be a few more days until we see Fin again. I know he waited for ten years for that game. Just wanted to let people know :p

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Just ... LOL. I would just buy it off Steam, but that works, I suppose. [face_laugh]

6. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    My laptop lives again :) yay

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    So, I would have had to wait another two days that way. Now I got it! And yeah, I go down to one update a week, probably. :p Seriously, I´ll try not to let it get into my way . . .

8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Fins is officially badass. :p Consider my hat tipped.

9. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    =D= Bravo my fine man! That was Epic!

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I don't know whether to cheer or perform a dramatic sigh[face_thinking]

Ah, congrats and happy for you either way ya' bugger:)

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    One of my colleagues has, for the last three days, been going on about Elder Scrolls, but this escapade of Fin's gives the title some value and background.

Nice work.

And all that for a game!!

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Computer broke, had to send out to get fixed (cheaper then buying a new computer). Small fix, but will take 2-4 weeks because the repair center is booked full. STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players! will still be fully operational with my sudden MIA, operating under the excellent leadership of our staff (greyjedi125, Mitth_Fisto, Sith-I-5, Coffee_Ninja).

Any game questions or concerns should be posted in our OOG discussion thread (instead of PMed to me), where one of the staff will answer your question or concern ASAP, the Rocketjock Eatery.

Thank you and God Bless,

Jason

13. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Looks like I can access the boards again, which means Vox Popoli and the GDG will see new input by me soon.

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Back to operational. :)

15. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Been out sick and when I got healthy I woke up on Wednesday with neck issues with means I'm currently struggling with some depression issues because the pain is very inhibiting.

My family is also on a trip to Orlando right now (which is a needed distraction at the moment but I am still struggling.)

I apologize for dropping the ball on my RPG right now but I need to focus on me so I can get a handle on stuff.

16. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Utterly snowed under at work; back soon.

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Wee bit busy at the moment thanks to a test today and a computational project due Wednesday. Hoping to get updates... er... up on Wednesday/Thursday so that I can relax over Thanksgiving.

Anyway, I've got enough time for modly things but not enough for RPing things, so I appreciate your patience.

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I've got a few papers and projects in the next two weeks to do before the exam period rolls around, myself, so I'll be a bit quieter than usual.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    There seems to have been a slight miscalculation on my part. Going to try to get something up by Friday, but I can't guarantee anything. Also formally away until Sunday.

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I'll be busy this next week writing papers; after that it's on to studying and exams, so we'll see how swamped I am by then.

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Okay, I realize this is just turning into a running gag at this point, but I honestly did intend to update yesterday until I ran into a huge brick wall - namely, the University of Illinois math department's grad school app is due IN THREE DAYS. So that's eating up a lot of time. My posts will come as soon as I get that put away, I promise.

22. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Gone all weekend and Monday. :( Going to see family. So no replies on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Sorry. :)

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I keep posting in this damn thread! Aargh!

Alright, tonight I've got a big push to try and post in absolutely everything I need to post in, and then I'm going to be completely gone until Friday night/Saturday morning. Not my usual "Well I'm posting irregularly" gone, but gone gone. After that, though, I'll be back with tons of free time to spare, and the posting future looks bright!

Or, to put it in a style I've been fond of using lately:

<center><h2>TWO FINALS</h2>

<h3>FIVE HOURS</h3>

<h3>ON DECEMBER 9TH, WILL YOU BE READY FOR...</h3>

[image=http://www.emeraldinsight.com/content_images/fig/0670360510012.png]
    <h2>MATHAGEDDON 2011?!</h2></center>

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I am still posting irregularly, but I'm still around.

25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    This is the start of my Finals week, I will still post but it will be more erratic as I cram and attempt to avoid the epic fail we all dread at the final checkpoint of a semester.