main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dawning (L/M and all the rest - Post-FOTJ?! "AU" - Completed - 04/10/11 - Now With A Cover!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 19, 2011.

1. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    An update! [face_dancing][:D]

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Hilarious!

[face_love]Beautiful.

2. bender42

bender42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2010
    He's moving! he's moving!
    This veri person has me suspicious. Actually, i'm surprised Mara didn't drop-kick her into the next galaxy.

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hazel: Mmmmm? breakfast and fanfic? Luke and waffles.? That gives me an idea for a scene.

Yeah, I?m reading Vortex now and it really only makes sense if the entire FOTJ series is a dream. I honestly wouldn?t be very surprised if someone wakes up in the last book to realize it was all just a dream (or a bad deathstick trip). That would be awesome, wouldn?t it be? It?s sorta a cheep plot device (I?ll admit it), but they could totally get away with it.

Jade_eyes: HI! Thanks. Veri is a hoot to write - even though I?m writing 5 chapters ahead and she and Ben still haven?t shown up again yet. Typical teenagers - always late.

JediMara77: Thanks. The father-son reunion is going to be great. I love the Luke and Ben scenes in FOTJ. And Ben does take after Luke in more than one way.

Piper057: Yeah, I know my updates aren?t as often as other fics - I blame it on school, but I?m going to try to update every Thursday or Friday. Thanks.

bender42: Oh, you?re just being cynical. Skywalker men aren?t attracted to bad-girls at all [end sarcasm].

There will be a new chapter up tomorrow, hopefully. Next chapter: Luke acts like a two year old and we finally get to deal with a mother of a Sith.

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42

On? Off? Just ask!

4. JediMike2372

JediMike2372 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    Hi there. Really like this story. I (like many people) was very disappointed in LOTJ from Sacrifice on. I like the idea of a "dream experience" for that particular story arc. Luke in a coma after killing Caedus is a much better way to deal with it and make it all go away. But anyway. I like your charcterizations and this Veri character looks promising. Far be it for a Skywalker male to not be attracted to a woman who strong, sarcastic and can put them in their place. Look forward to reading more. Oh, and can you put me on your PM list please?

5. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    What an unpleasant dream. Interesting that they've found Kesh anyway though. And Jaina rules Jag who rules the galaxy: [face_laugh] Add me to the list please?

Peace,
    Bea

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    JediMike2372: Hello. Thanks. I have yet to meet a fan that wasn?t someone irked with LOTF. Thanks. I thought the whole ?it was all a dream? thing was cliché when I started it, but I like it, it works and apparently all of you guys do too. Thanks, In always like to try my best to keep characters in character according to what has happened, but OC?s are great because I can do whatever I want with their character. And Veri is great. Kinda a mix between Mara and Lando, or that what was what I was going for. Thanks again and you are added.

lost_lauries_grapes: Yeah. One nasty nightmare (how else is Daala in charge and Abeloth just sounds like something totally out of one of Denning?s nightmares). I was thinking, because Mara talked to Luke in his coma, he probably heard something about Kesh and his subconscious (or the Force) incorporated it into his dream. Does that make sense? That is why Vestara and Veri sound similar. You are added!

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes

On? Off? Just ask!

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    A/N: Sorry if Jaina and Jag?s charaterization suck, I?ve only written Jaina a handful of times and I have NEVER written Jag.

Song: Kidnap and Reunion - David Newman.

Chapter Four

Even before he woke, Luke knew his wife was at his side, subconsciously. He could feel her. He opened his eyes and saw her from the corner of his eye. He was disappointed by the fact that he couldn't move his head to face her. His neck muscles still would not respond to him.

"Good morning, beautiful. It's morning, right?" He was surprised at how easy talking was and how clear and strong his voice was, compared to last night.

"Yes, handsome," she said, getting up and sitting on the edge of his bed to face him. She pulled down the quilt and held his left hand. "Cilghal wants me to get some food into you before I contact Han, Leia, Jaina and Jag." Today, she wore a green tunic and black pants. He smiled when he realized that she was wearing his favourite colours.

"How are they? Are they mad at me for killing Jacen?" Luke asked with apprehension in his voice.

"Well, Jag is Jag. He's too still pissed off at me and Corran to be mad at you for anything. We appointed him leader of the New Empire after Gilad Pellaeon died, Pellaeon died shortly after GA and the Imperial Remnant joined together."

"He doesn't like the job?"

"Oh, he likes the job. He just doesn't like the task of babysitting the council of Moffs that goes along with the job. He says you're his favourite in-law since you don't annoy him or talk back. As for Han, you know he pretty much disowned Jacen after he killed Boba Fett's daughter while she was a prisoner for no reason during an interrogation."

"Yes, I remember that."

"Han will tell anyone that asks that he lost both sons in the Yuuzhan Vong war. In his mind, Jacen never returned as his boy, so he really did lose both Jacen and Anakin in the same war. As for Jaina, she knew Jacen wasn't himself. She could tell, maybe better than all of us, that he was going to cause her great pain. She had a vision, shortly before you killed Jacen, of herself killing him. She believes that you saved her from that great pain."

"In my dream, she was the one to kill Jacen."

Mara nodded, then sighed. "As for Leia, she was a mess after she felt Jacen die. I could feel her anger, confusion and sadness. I explained to her that you only went to talk to him and that he probably attacked you first. Then I let Jaina see Jacen's body, the holos I got R6 to take of the scene when I first got to you and the holos that I took of you while you were on the Shadow. Jaina figured the same thing I did; that you took a beating from Jacen while you tried to find a peaceful end."

Luke tried to remember if that was true or not, but couldn't.

Mara obviously read his mind. "Cilghal said that you will probably never be able to remember what happened after we went to bed that night and not to be concerned about it. It's supposed to be normal. Your head took a beating, so she is surprised that you don?t have more amnesia. I, personally, think you should be thankful of that fact. You probably don't want to remember the pain."

"I would still like to be able to see those holos you took of me after the fight." He wanted to see for himself whether he could remember the fight so he could know for sure that Jacen attacked him first. Maybe the holos would trigger something in his memory.

"Alright. If you want to. They are on one of the data-pads at home. I'll get it while you are in surgery later today."

"Surgery?" he asked, confused and concerned.

She gave him a lopsided smile then poked the bed below his right arm where his right hand should have been. "No more stump. Cilghal assures me that it's something you have been through before and that it shouldn't take anymore than a few hours. I'll finally get to talk to you while you're still drowsy from anaesthesia. Leia always claims it was hilarious after Bespin, but I want to see for myself."

"Great," Luke groaned sarcastically. "Go on about Leia. Is

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] LOL! [face_laugh]

Luke acting like a 2 year-old is hilarious!

I got a little misty-eyed there when you talked about Han's and, especialy, Leia's reaction. They really didn't deserve what they got - at least in this fic, Jaina wasn't the one who had to take Jacen out, I thought that was particularly mean of pro-fic to do.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful L/M banter and great talks with the Solos and Fels -- looking forward to the reunions in person. :D

10. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    So sad about Jacen. :( I really had high hopes with his character in profic. Sigh.

Can't wait for Luke to reunite with Leia and Han. :)

Luke, you'll eat anything! Stop being such a baby. ;)

'mofference'

Ahahahahaha. Flashbacks to The Glove of Darth Vader!

11. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]That. Was. PERFECT.

I don't know what part to quote - amazing chapter. So funny and so sad...

12. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Just found this story and it's wonderful! [face_dancing]

Some highlights:

"Fine," Mara pouted. She then picked up the bowl and spoon. She scooped a spoonful and held it up for him to see.

"What is it?" he asked, staring at the creamy, cream-coloured substance.

"Pablum, kinda like meal-o-oats, but soupier. Its narnar flavoured. Ben used to love this according to Tionne."

"And how old was he at the time?"

"Two."

"So, I'm eating baby-food."

"Just open up."

"No."

"Skywalker."

"No," he was being completely serious.

"It's not that bad, see?" She tasted some herself. "Yummy, yummy." She had way too much enthusiasm in her voice.

The whole scene was funny but that last line was hysterical! [face_laugh] And stubborn!Luke is pretty cute. [face_love] :p

Luke gave Han a grin. "I'd actually love it if you two could stop by today."

"Yeah, he's been asking about you two all morning," Mara called even though the image recorder wasn't picking her up.

Han was still speechless. At that point, Leia did the same thing as Mara just did.

"HAN! Is that Mara? I want to talk to her." She was speaking out of comm pickup range.

A grin then spread across Han's mouth. Not even the shock of seeing his best friend wake from a four year coma could stop him from annoying his wife. "Nope, it's the kid!" he called.

"Why does everyone treat me like a two-year-old?" Luke whined.

Mara then sat beside him on the bed. "Because you act like one, dear."

"HAN! Is it Jaina? I want to talk to her as well," Leia shouted again.

"I swear she's going deaf," Han muttered with his infamous lopsided grin. He then shouted: "No! I said: it's the kid!"

"Is it Jag?! Ask him how Jaina is!"

"LEIA! Why don't you come see who it is!"

[face_laugh] [face_love] Wow, I loved this whole scene.

"If you don't open up, you don't get to play with Han today."

"Mara, are you threatening me like I'm a two-year-old?"

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

"Yeah! You're acting like one! Now, open up or else I'm going to start calling you Skycrawler." Her eyes then narrowed. "Or worse: Lukie-Bear."

He instantly opened his mouth and let her feed him the spoonful. He tasted it and swallowed. "It's not that bad," he said in surprise. "Give me more," he said, waiting with an open mouth.

He's right, baby-food is really not bad The fruit ones are especially good. I had to eat it not too long ago when I got my wisdom teeth out. ;)

I can't wait for the reunion with Han and Leia. The trio's relationship is one of my very favorite aspects of Star Wars. :)

Excellent story so far! Along with the humor, there are some really beautiful scenes. @};- I'm eagerly awaiting more! [face_dancing]
    [:D]

13. JediKnightBeclyn

JediKnightBeclyn Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2011
    Loving this story so far! Please keep up the good work and add me to your PM list! Thanks :)

14. bender42

Oct 15, 2010
    Cracked up as I read this. I have to feel bad for Luke and Jag, they both seem to have their hand full. Moffrence time!

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hazel:Thanks. I agree, Luke may get shavit piled on him in the profic, but I don't think any other main characters in the EU have been treated worse than Leia and Han. I can see the reasoning behind getting Jaina to kill Jacen, but I agree, it was very mean.

Jade_eyes:Thanks! Reunions are coming up!

JediMara77:Luke, you'll eat anything! Stop being such a baby.

Especially if Mara feeds it to him!

Piper057: Thank you! There will be more funny and sad moments. My goal with once chapter is to make you guys laugh at an angst scene. Trust me, I think you will.

dancing_star: Welcome my favourite Han and Luke writer! I'm glad you have enjoyed it so far and I hope you continue to enjoy it.

And stubborn!Luke is pretty cute.

I know. I love writing stubborn!Luke.

He's right, baby-food is really not bad The fruit ones are especially good. I had to eat it not too long ago when I got my wisdom teeth out.

I had to eat it when I had my braces put on a few years back. But it was then that I discovered that they stopped making the orange pablum and I was sad.

JediKnightBeclyn: Thanks! I'll add you.

bender42: Thanks. They do have their hands full!

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes
    JediKnightBeclyn

On? Off? Just ask!

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    A/N: Song: For All The Lovers - Stanfour

Chapter 5

Han Solo kept glancing over at his wife as they drove through the Coruscanti skies. The tiny woman with greying rich brown hair and chocolate eyes was wearing a lovely white top with a light brown, lacy skirt and boots and was trembling. Han knew Leia wasn't trembling from the cold, but at a stop, he shrugged off his black, nerf-hide jacket and placed it on her lap before going again.

?Put it on,? he ordered gruffly. Han knew not to order around his wife, but he also knew Leia was deep in thought, so she wouldn't pay attention to how cold her body was getting.

She looked up with tear filled eyes, tears, she refused to let fall. She complied.

The rest of the drive went in silence.

When Han parked the speeder in the Jedi temple hangar, he went around to open the door for his wife.

She didn't move to get out. Without preamble, Leia said, ?Do you think he remembers??

Han was not stupid. He knew what she was talking about. He knelt down in front of her. ?If he does, he obviously does not blame you in the slightest. No one does, Leia. Why do you?? He had asked her this many times before.

?I was his mother Han, I was supposed to raise him right!? Leia growled. She then turned away from him, suddenly subdued. ?I just want to see Luke.?

Han sighed, running his fingers through his white hair. His wife was just too stubborn at times. Hopefully, the one person more stubborn than her could help her. He nodded and held out his hand. ?Then let?s go see Luke.?

When Luke felt his sister and his brother-in-law near, Mara got off the bed and sat on the lounger.

?I have a feeling that Leia will need me to tell her some stuff. Would you mind leaving with Han when the time is right??

Mara smiled. ?Sure. I have to go talk to Corran soon anyways. He is the co-Grand Master along with me. I left him a message this morning, but he is going to want an actual explanation on why I'm not up there, helping him.?

Then, the doors opened and Han walked in with a trembling Leia under his arm.

?Han! Leia!? Luke said with a huge smile. He would have spread his arms and gestured for a hug, but since he couldn?t, he said, ?Come here. I may not be able to reciprocate, but I need a hug. Mara sucks at comforting,? he added, hoping to get a laugh from his sister.

Mara turned to him and stuck her tongue out.

?Luke,? Leia breathed as she slipped out of Han?s hold and crossed the room. She leaned down, put her arms around him and held him tight. She unintentionally leaned his torso forward, causing his head to flop back.

His stiff neck cracked loudly and he moaned in pain.

?Oh, Luke. I am so sorry,? she said, flustered. She gently moved her hand to cradle his head and lift it back up. She used her other arm to lower him back. She then started crying as she turned away from him.

?Leia,? he said softly as he saw Mara and Han leave. ?I?m not hurt. Please, move the lounger so I can see you, sit down and hold my hand.?

She slid the lounger and angled it so Luke could see her clearly, then sat down, still crying unable to look up at him.

?Leia,? he said softly again. ?Please, hold my hand, I can?t move it to comfort you, but I still want to hold your hand.?

?No you don?t, Luke. I was the mother of a monster.? She still had her head down. ?You don?t remember how you got here, do you??

?No, but Mara told me what happened. Leia, I know what you think and feel. I would feel absolutely horrible if Ben did something to you. But you have to understand that I do not blame you in the slightest. I know you did your best raising your children, Anakin was a great man, even if he did not live to see adulthood. And Jaina,? Luke laughed to lighten the mood. ?She defied Han and married Jag, didn?t she? By the way, I want to hear that story. She is a strong, stubborn woman, much like her mother. And Jacen was a great boy, with plenty of potential, thanks to you and Han. But the ?Vong War affected us all. We sent out boys, your boys, out to

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Loved, loved, loved Luke & Leia's convo :D

Great chapter, Bri-Ann!

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet update =D= =D=

Thank you for the wonderful warm fuzzy family moments and the banter between friends :D

19. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Awww, love Luke/Leia scenes. And of course he feels guilty about what happened to Jacen and Anakin. When does Luke ever not take on the responsibility for things that aren't his fault? :p Good job!

20. bender42

Oct 15, 2010
    Poor Luke, has to go to a giant fish every time he has to cough, and eat baby mush. Although there is a nicering to Jaina Solo Fel. I vote you name JAinas kid Bender42

21. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    ?Han! Leia!? Luke said with a huge smile. He would have spread his arms and gestured for a hug, but since he couldn?t, he said, ?Come here. I may not be able to reciprocate, but I need a hug. Mara sucks at comforting,?
    [face_laugh] Awww. [:D]

Wonderful update! =D= Very nicely done!
    Welcome my favourite Han and Luke writer!
    Aww [face_blush][:D] @};- This is so great -I can't wait for more!

22. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    ?I was his mother Han, I was supposed to raise him right!? Leia growled. She then turned away from him, suddenly subdued. ?I just want to see Luke.?

:_|

Luke & Leia's talk was so good, yet so sad.

Peace,
    Bea

23. rehtul-minnau

rehtul-minnau Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2010
    That was so, so sweet! Love it!

?Leia. I don?t see how you?re not mad at me. I have no reason to be mad at you, Jacen did what he did and there was nothing you could have done to stop it and you did nothing wrong in upbringing him. If you figure you?re at fault because you raised him, then I?m also at fault because I trained him. But we are not at fault because we also raised and trained Anakin and Jaina. You should be the one with the grudge, I killed both of your sons.?

Poor Luke - always blaming himself for everything.

?Uncle Luke!? the woman said, joyfully as she made her way, lacking any sort of grace, to Luke?s side. When she got there, she looked unsure of what to do.

Aww, Jaina is so sweet!

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hazel:Thanks. Luke and Leia?s convo took me awhile but I?m happy with the result.

Jade_eyes:Thanks! More warm, fuzzy moments are to come, not really in the next chapters, but in upcoming ones.

JediMara77: Thanks. Luke always takes the blame.

bender42: Poor Luke is going to have some ansty moments because of this. I?ll take that name into consideration. Hmmm? Maybe I?ll have a ?Name Jaina?s Twins? contest here.

dancing_star: Thanks!

lost_lauries_grapes: Thanks.

rehtul-minnau: Yay! A new reader. Thanks.

I?ll try to get the next chapter up tonight but between my brothers coming back from their trip (I actually have to run to the airport now) and my grandmother?s first great grand-baby being born (SQUEE!) and homework, I don?t see It happening, but I?ll try. Who needs sleep anyways?

PM List:
    Hazel
    bender42
    JediMike2372
    lost_lauries_grapes
    JediKnightBeclyn

On? Off? Just ask!

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Chapter 6

After several minutes of catching up with his family, Luke felt Cilghal nearing and knew that his time with his family was almost up.

Cilghal then entered with a cuff-like device and a tube of gel. "I hate to break up the party, but I have to prep Luke for surgery now."

"Alright. Mara can stay though, right?" Luke asked, remembering how things had been done in the past. He had been allowed one person to stay by his side right until he went into the operating room. Not that he was scared or nervous, it was simply nice to have company.

The healer nodded.

"Okay." Luke looked at the Solos and their daughter. "I guess I?ll be seeing you three around?" They nodded. "Good. Don?t hesitate to stop by and we will all have to do dinner once I make my escape."

They said their goodbyes, then Cilghal went to work. She folded back Luke?s blanket just enough so she could access his right arm.

His right arm, much like his left, was abnormally thin. He had always been a buff man, but now his arms were even scrawnier than they were when he was an adolescent. Both arms bore more scars than he remembered, but his right was worse.

Cilghal opened the tube and started spreading it on the stump that his right arm ended in. The gel felt cool at first, then it started tingling. He knew the purpose of the gel was to numb the area, even though he would be put under general anaesthesia in a few minutes, and to prepare the area for the membrane that would transmit signals from his body to his hand and vice versa.

"This, Luke, will give us a good idea what is causing the paralysis," she was saying, referring to the surgery. "If you can move your cybernetic hand easily, it will most probably mean that the paralysis is from the muscle atrophy. If you can?t move the hand, then it will mean that your body is still suffering the effects of the poison."

Cilghal then attached the cuff around the stump. Its purpose was to cool the area, reducing blood flow. "I will be back in about five minutes to bring you into the operating room."

She left and Mara moved to take her place. Mara put his hand in hers. "While your in there, I?m going to go home and get some stuff. Is there anything specifically that you want besides that data-pad?"

"Some holographs would be nice. This place is kind of dull. And maybe some pyjamas, or even a nightshirt. And your pillow."

"My pillow?"

"Yes. Your pillow will be more comfortable than this pillow, plus it will smell like you."

Mara groaned. "Ever the romantic, aren?t you Farmboy."

He grinned. "Someone has to be in this relationship."

She rolled her eyes. "Will you require anything else my dear?"

"Just you, here, mocking me in my drugged up state when I get out."

"Of course. I would never miss it."

Cilghal came back and the three made their way to the operating theatre. Once in front of the doors, they paused.

"I?ll see you when you get out, alright, babe?" Mara said, taking his hand and leaning over him.

"Alright," he said with a smile, then she kissed him. "I love you," he whispered when their lips separated.

"I love you too," she replied; their mouths were still close and they were gazing deeply into each-other?s eyes. She then stood up straight and Luke watched her as they pushed him away.

The doors then closed and he just wanted to go under then and there, so the separation was more bearable. The lights were suddenly brighter and he felt colder. Sounds seemed to echo.

"Master Skywalker," one of the healers said. He was a large, muscular barabel. Krit, Luke believed his name was. "It?z good to zee you awake. Theze onez have all mizzed you. Thiz one going to lift you up and put you on the table. Tell thiz one if anything hurts."

"Alright," Luke mumbled.

He then heard Cilghal?s voice from across the room. "Krit, make sure the blankets stay on his body and Nalla, support his head and neck."

Luke felt hands cradle his head and neck and arms lift his body up. If it took two people to transfer him from one bed to another, he wondered if Mara would be able to look after him once he got