main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dedication to KenKenobi~~One of Our Dearest Friends~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Mr_Sith, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    This is a thread Dedicated to one of our Favorite SWCers. He unfortanetly decided to leave not too long ago. The Force will be with him, Always.

~~Our Favorite Cantina Owner~~

As many of you know, or may Notice, KenKenobi opened up the Cloud City Cantina.With an awesome opening post, the Community's Social Thread was open and ready for Business!

I joined up in June and the Thread was boasting over 60 Pages of Juri Juice Servin',Jawa Mobs, and a lot of Fun to keep you there for a while. He was a Dedicated User. A Dedicated bartender, but most of all a Dedicated Friend.

The Funnest thing about the Cantina was almost Everybody trying to mess it up one way or another. I'd come in there posting I had a Squad of Invincible,Invisible Nexu's and he would always find a way to stop it. :D

Cheers to the Greatest Bartender!

~~Always had the First Post~~

Now this Guy always had the First Post. If there was a welcoming thread, BOOM!, he was there granting his help. If there was an Off-Board Topic he was there with the Right Links and Thank You. Many of this saw this as him trying to get a Moderator Position. It wasn't. He was just being nice. When Quixotic-Sith came here to assist Obi-Anne from TPM Forum, he was there with a welcoming Post and all. His excessive use of Smileys and his Manual Sig lit up the Thread, which was nice to see.

My Hats off to your Quick reflexe's!

~~The Starter of Many Popular Threads~~

KenK started many popular threads we still have fun with today. If there was a game you just felt like playing, my bet is that he already started it. Good Job!

~~High-Quality Posts!~~

Whenever you saw him post, it was always of High Standard. In heated Debates he would provide a Vast Post with a Sure Point sealed inside. When he started threads, his opening posts were always filled with Pictures and colorful Text. If I was to start a thread, I'd probably ask him for pointers. Sadly, I cant do that anymore :(

~~Fare Well!!!!~

I, and many others bid you a Sad Farewell. But, like we all know, we spend a lot of time here with our friends.It consumes it. But you left for a good cause. I saw you were a Religous Person. :)

Its gonna be nice to see you in Heaven :D

So it with this post, that I wish you farewell. I know you said you may return, but its not guaranteed. You also said that If we emailed you you would be here quickly. Well, we need you now and always. Sadly, I was gone for Family Matters, and was too busy to say Good Bye. So Ken, if your reading this, Good Bye!!! :D You will be missed, always.

So before this Thread gets locked, and I get banned for missing an OT Trivia Question in the CT Forum, I bid this Thread a Fond Fare well, as with Ken.

:D :D :D :D

2. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    all of that was extremly well said Mr_sith!!! :) I'll miss ken too,he was a great Jcer and friend ;) :) and a very nice person! :D

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day

4. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Thanks!

5. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    he always helped me with EU stuff i needed infor for, wish he knew how much i miss him! *sniff*

6. Lord_RJ

Lord_RJ Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2003
    you forgot:

An Admiral a Friend,a great person

7. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

Very well put Mr_Sith.

This place will just not be the same without him. :(

8. Mr_Sith2

Mr_Sith2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    Thanks! I appreciate it. I just, dont know why he left. If had a good time here he shoudl come back.

9. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I reckon he'll be back. He just needed a break.

10. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    I'll miss him too. He made many great posts I enjoyed reading.

11. Benny_Blanco

Benny_Blanco Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002

What?!? Ken`s GONE?!!? When did this happen? I`ve been away for about a week, but.....!!!

Did he state his reasons for leaving? Did he say if or when he`d be coming back? If he DID make a statement, can someone post a link to it for me?

I WILL miss Ken, very helpful, funny guy.

12. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Come back Ken. You were a l33t d00d and a great help around this place.

Have many nice days.

Rick McCallum loves you!

13. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
  14. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Ken logged on just now,and replied to the cantina

15. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Yeah, he was on earlier today. His sabbatical didn't last too long, eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.