main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga 'Defining Us" Sabewan - pre-Episode II (The Epilogue Is Here!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    If I say anything, it's just gonna paraphrase CrystalKenobi! That's how wonderful it is!!!!!!!!!

2. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I kinda feel for Naja but I am NOT sorry that she got put away. I can't believe what is up with Anakin can't he just be happy for someone else for a change instead on focusing on himself?
    Anyway loved the post

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Yes, yes, the wedding will be happening soon :D

~aeryn

4. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    Personally, I'd like to see someone explain to dear Ani that Obi-Wan has years of faithful service and experience over him, and that means the master's earned some privileges that his padawan doesn't yet deserve. Baby steps, Anakin, baby steps! ;)

Cool stuff going on here, let's get another chapter soon.

5. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Glad to see you around, Jazzy. I can probably update Saturday, late afternoon or something :D

I know, everyone's anxious about Obi-Wan and Sabe's wedding.

~aeryn

6. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I know, everyone's anxious about Obi-Wan and Sabe's wedding.

We can't help it. Weddings are so nice to read about. Especially when they have our wonderful couple in them. :)

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    No chapter update this past weekend (I'm very busy here at school because it's nearing the end of my fall semester) but I have a long winter break ;)

Edit: Since I have a long winter, I hope to finish posting during my long break, so I can start posting the sequel in the spring.

~aeryn

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i'll try and update later this afternoon. hmm, and the nominations for the winter 2003 fanfic awards are going on...

~aeryn

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    it's been a very stressful week for me dealing with school and a last minute schedule change, so I really need to post something.

Chapter 10, Post 3

?...the Ambassador was right to suspect someone from within her administration was behind the attempts,? Anakin finished, ?I just wish we could have found this information a lot earlier than we did,?

Mace nodded and sighed, ?How?s your Master doing? He was injured briefly during the confrontation with Naja??

Anakin shrugged, ?Only a scythe on his right side, nothing serious, Master,? he paused. ?The Ambassador already gave her speech earlier this morning,?

?We know, Anakin,? he said, ?We watched via holo-vid. Our guess is that now she?s finished with politics and once Obi-Wan is able to travel, they?ll return to Naboo and make their bond more permanent.?

Yoda grunted, ?Questioned we did, handmaiden Naja. Disturbing things she told us, about this mysterious figure she calls Master and his control over the Senate,?

?You believed her?? Anakin questioned, ?Masters, she was able to fool everyone around her, even the Ambassador? You can?t believe what she says about???

?Very serious, this is, Anakin,? Yoda interrupted, ?Decided we have to assign you to the Senate, you will report to Chancellor Palpatine at 0100.? Anakin nodded, bowed and quietly left the Chamber.

~~

Sabé sighed as she watched the medical droids tend to Obi-Wan?s right side. They applied bacta oil to the wound, and with the touch of metal against his skin, it stung him a little. That didn?t worry, Sabé. What worried her was what Naja told her about a mysterious figure that had power over her, and perhaps the Senate.

But Sabé knew, now that she was no longer a Foreign Ambassador, the Senate should not be a concern anymore. But if what Naja said was true and Sabé?s suspicions were right that this mysterious power was a Sith Lord? the whole Republic was doomed.

She shook her head, looking again at the medical bed as Obi-Wan rested uncomfortably, the medical droids were gone. Sabé smiled and walked quietly to his side, grasping his hand. Obi-Wan smiled weakly once he saw her eyes, and tried to sit up, but Sabé lightly pushed him back down on the bed.

?Where?s Anakin?? he said hoarsely.

?Reporting to the Council; he?s covering for you,? she said and squeezed his hand tighter. ?I gave my speech this morning and handed in my resignation to Padmé and the Chancellor?If it's all right, we?ll leave tonight for Naboo,?

Obi-Wan felt her worry about the situation, ?Sabé, what is it? I can sense your fear in waves??

She shrugged, ?It?s just something Naja said to me before you and Anakin arrived. It scared me. She didn?t say it directly but the implication was clear,? He nodded her on but Sabé smiled, shaking her head, ?No, I don?t want to talk about this! We should be rejoicing.?

?Was it about us?? Obi-Wan ventured.

?No, not about us. It was about the Senate and change of powers from within,? she whispered, leaned over and kissed his forehead, ?Sleep now, my love. Rest, you?ll need it for the long journey ahead.?

As Sabé turned to leave, Obi-Wan grasped her hand and smiled weakly, ?Please Sabé, stay with me. I know it sounds ridiculous but I don?t ever want you to leave my side,?

Sabé smiled and kissed his brow, ?It?s not ridiculous, Ben,? she whispered. Sabé grabbed a nearby chair and rested her head on the crook of the bed as Obi-Wan lay there, stroking her hair.

~~

Anakin fidgeted as he waited for the Chancellor to arrive. An aide told him that the Chancellor was overseeing a special session in the Senate in regards to another possible third hearing of the Trade Federation viceroy. The 16-year-old rolled his eyes as he glanced at the wall chrono. He?d been waiting there for almost three standard hours, and although he respected the Chancellor, he was starting to try his patience.

?The Chancellor may see you now,? the secretary said and smiled, ?He?s arrived back from the Senate, and thanks you for your patience,?

He smiled thanks a

10. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    You're doing WONDERFUL WITH THIS! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WEDDING! Have to go LSC needs me!

CONGRATS ON THE NOMINATIONS!

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Congrats to you too, Lady :D

~aeryn

12. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Lovely post. I know this is a busy time for you so I just wanted to say thankyou for taking the time to post. Its a wonderful story and it deserved a nonimation .

I like how you bring in the fact that her mother was once in poltics and understands Sabe's life. The interaction between mother and daughter was sweet and brings back some memories for me.

13. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    Very cool post lots of nice family interaction.

14. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    just another week...one more week...i still haven't passed my math final, so that's really the only final i'm worried about web design final, easy "A" but it's really tough.

oh, i guess i should mention this there. i plan on making a keira knightly website directory, it will be hosted on the sobiwan network. it's just something i thought about doing for awhile. the site name will be "pure".

end of plug. btw, i don't know if i'll update this weekend, i'll take that final as many times as i need to until i pass it!

~aeryn

15. _across-the-stars_

_across-the-stars_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2003
    Ah, this is good.

I must say, I'm not too much of a Sabewan fan, but I rather enjoyed the way you handled this.

What a wild little night at the club! :p

I loved the back-and-forth on both Obi-Wan and Sabe's part, concerning getting married. Not just your average fall-in-love fic. :D

Also, another intriguing aspect to the story was Naja. I've always found villians who need mental help to be the most interesting. She wanted to be Sabe... very imaginative idea.

I'm glad I read this.

~ats~

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks, across_the_stars! I enjoyed writing about the night club part too, espicially it's not the type of scene you'd find obi-wan in. you all do not want to miss the wedding and epilogue (which is only a few short posts away)

~aeryn

17. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Awwwww!!!!!!!!!! DEY WUV EACH UDDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    This is the last before Christmas (but not the end of the series though) that'll continue.

?Defining Us?
    Chapter 11, Post 2

Obi-Wan couldn't stop grinning as he and Bassim walked into the kitchen; Devin was seating her girls while Sabé and Mia talked quietly with each other. Sabé laughed at something, then switched her gaze to Ben and smiled at him. Bassim slapped Obi-Wan's shoulder as the two men sat down to the table and Arya put down the last dish.

"I hope you're hungry, Obi-Wan," Arya started, passing the salad around first.

"Please call me, Ben. It's my birth name," he said as Arya, Mia and Devin looked curiously at the Jedi Master.

Sabé cleared her throat, "Obi-Wan's right, Ben is his birth name,"

Arya smiled, "I believe you dear, I'm just shocked you remember your birth name. Jedi potentials are taken at a very young age from their family, the fact that you know your birth name, is amazing. Do you remember anything else of your family history?"

Ben shrugged, "I wish I did, but I don't. The Jedi have always been my family for a long time, I don't remember any other family besides them,"

Mia nudged Sabé's shoulder, grinning, "You two better have a lot of children, so at least Ben, will have a great legacy to pass down," Sabé blushed and smiled.

Obi-Wan smiled too, drinking some wine, "A lot of children, that doesn't sound too bad. I look forward to fatherhood."

"I have a question, Ben?" Bassim asked and he turned to his future father-in-law, "If you do have children, will there be a greater chance they'll be force sensitive as you Jedi call them, or less of a chance because their mother isn't a Jedi by blood?"

Sabé stared at Obi-Wan as he sat uneasily, not really sure how to answer her father's question. But she knew he would say something appropriate. "I talked to Sabé about this earlier on. Neither parents don't necessarily have to be Jedi for the child to have potential Force powers, so yes, there is a chance one or more of our children will be Force sensitive,"

"Sabé, where do you wish to hold the wedding?" Arya asked, breaking the sudden silence.

Sabé looked suddenly at her mother and smiled, "Actually, I was thinking in the lake country, maybe around the twin waterfalls or in the lake retreat,"

"Lake country," Devin stated, "is a much better choice, and I just know who would be perfect as your flower girls," she said, winking at her two daughters.

"That would be wonderful," Sabé smiled and glanced at Ben.

"Um, is there any Jedi marriage ritual we should know about, so we know to incorporate it into the ceremony?" Bassim asked.

Ben hmm'd and shrugged, "I'd never attended a Jedi bonding ceremony before. If there are ceremonies, they're usually very small and private, but rituals, customs, there aren't many when it comes to marriage,"

Arya smiled, "We don't have to worry then, that's fine," she looked at Sabé and she smiled quaintly.

~~

Obi-Wan leaned against the back door frame as he watched little Regina and Elyssa play in the fields. They were beautiful little girls, his future nieces. Mia, Sabé?s middle sister had one daughter and expecting a son, the boy would be his nephew. As a child, Obi-Wan had never really been exposed to family life, a real family life other than the Jedi Order. He had no memory of his own family but somehow; he?d remembered his birth name.

?They?re wonderful, aren?t they?? Sabé asked as she stood beside him, ?I envy them sometimes. I never experienced a real childhood, either. I?d been exposed to politics at a young age like Padmé,?

Obi-Wan turned to her and looked at her thoughtfully, ?Why did you wait then??

?Wait?? Sabé questioned.

?I mean, why did you wait all this time to get married and have a family??

Sabé shrugged and smiled coyly, ?Would you rather I didn?t and marry someone else, Obi-Wan Kenobi??

?No,? he said quickly, ?But seriously, why did you wait??

Sabé smiled and gazed at her nieces, ?I waited for you, Ben? I did realize at one point it was foolish since we?d b

19. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow and grinned, ?Our room? Shouldn?t we wait until after we?re married to be sleeping together??

If Obi-Wan was my future husband, I like Sabe would not want separate rooms either. :D

Thank you for this Christmas Present.

I do wonder if they were to have children how they would handle having to give any force sensative children to the temple. Icould not imagine having to give up a child. I don't think I could do that.

I like how you have Obi-wan thinking about looking forward to fatherhood. And his refection on not knowing about his family etc.

Have a safe and Happy Holiday.

20. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I realize it's a bit short but I like it and I'll see you all after the holidays :D

~aeryn

21. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Short, but sweet!

Happy Hoildays to All!

22. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    Lovely, I like all thw questions about ObiW an and his brith name and why Sabe waited. Very nice pre wedding post

23. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks Hananiah :D

~aeryn

24. Anyanka

Anyanka Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Hi Aeryn, sorry if it looks like I've abandoned you, but I haven't! I just have a lot of catching up to do. :p

25. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    I LUV UNCLE OBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.