main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Definitive Collection extras on DVD?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by ozzelwasframed, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozzelwasframed

ozzelwasframed Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    I have heard of this large collection of interviews, commentaries and behind-the-scenes videos and photographs compiled onto a DVD called "Star Wars: The Definitive Collection of Interviews and Commentaries". I'm assuming it's all the extras from one of the laserdisc boxed sets, minus the movies themselves. Has anyone else ever heard of or seen this collection on DVD? Is it an officially licensed Lucasfilm product? Or is it a piece-o-junk pirated thing? I am asking about the DVD, not the laserdiscs. Thanks in advance.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    This should go in the DVD discussion thread.

3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Bib, since the question is about a DVD of some extras (which I've never heard of before, unfortunately) and not when the OT itself is going to come out on DVD, it's fine in its own thread. I'd prefer that you leave the moderating to the mod.

4. ozzelwasframed

ozzelwasframed Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    Thank you Mara.

Anyway, the question remains. Has anyone heard of this collection on DVD? It sounds to me like some company has taken the laserdisc extras and compiled them onto DVD-Video and is selling them in Asia and Europe. It's most likely a bootleg; that is if Lucasfilm never gave consent which I'm guessing they didn't.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I've heard of the collection- saw it on shelves when it first came out, and managed to get a copy of some of the content on a bootleg VHS tape 6 years ago.

I'm betting you'll see at least some of the content on the DVD- though it'll probably be contained in new presentations (more recent interviews, etc).

Of what I saw, there was a storyboard to screen comparison of the ESB asteroid chase, as well as a tour of the LFL Archives. Also presumably had all the trailers and teasers for the trilogy.

My favorite though was the Lapti Nek music video ::)

6. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Being a proud owner of the Def. Col., I can tell you it's got some great stuff, as well as scene specific running commentary on all three films.

7. kirkout

kirkout Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2002
    I saw a listing of features for this on ebay awhile back, and it corresponded very precisely to the supplementary interviews commentaries and features on my laserdisc box set. So somebody just burned the LD to DVD with the supplements and commentary tracks, huh? Can't believe they can get away with that, especially since GL is so intent on suppressing the original versions of these flicks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.