main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Devil's Night

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I know it seems kinda soon, but halloween is only a little over 2 months away. But it looks like we have a few people in the group who are eager to wear a costume and I know I'm going to try really hard to get something by the 31st. Anyway, I figured it's never too soon to start planning for a fairly large event then. Those with kids (or those who still are kids ;) ) are going to want to do the trick-or-treat thing, but that doesn't mean we still can't get together later on in the night(or even a different day). Maybe have a little social event with music & movies or whatever (costumes, too of course :D ).

Anyways, that's my 2 cents... what's everyone else got in mind?

2. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Indiana Jones Trilogy comes out on DVD on the 21st... how about a possible movie night... ;)

3. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    That sounds pretty sweet :)

4. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I know I want to go out. What's the point to having a day we can run around in costume in public if we're going to be in front of a T.V. :D
    Depending on weather, the mall is actually a good haul for the little ones, maybe those of us with short people could do the mall then send them home with aunty and mom and we can all meet there after.
    On a side note, I really could use ideas for a new costume this year so any suggestions would be appreciated :p

5. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I wanted to go with a leather gi and the traditional brown robe but I figured that would be expensive and hot. I'm going to go with either with a traditional gi and green robe or green gi with traditional robe (or maybe both green :D )

6. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm also up for staying at the mall but what would we do there?

7. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Tusken Raider, Terry! :D ;)

8. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    LOL [face_laugh] I have the tusken raider sound effect if that's any use Terry

9. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Well I definately have to take the little Jawas out this year, but I am up for anything afterwards... :)

Indy

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Have any specific ideas John? I just want to know well ahead of time what we'll be doing so I'll know if I should have some bail money saved ;)

11. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    I don't know, I think Tusken Raider falls into the "arn't you a little short for a..." catagory but I might have to check it out, it would be freakishly easy. It doesn't solve the "no I'm not a guy" problem though.

12. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    ROFLMAO @ Berx

:D

Well Terry, if you really want to go hard-core, you could always go as Boushh; that is something different, AND people will know you are a girl, cause, well... :)

Indy

13. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    heh, seriously though I wanna know if I'll need $$$ for what we'll be doing (and an idea of how much)

14. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Well....I think by now you guys might have an idea that I'd sort of be interested in doing something at Halloween. But what would I wear?? ;)

Seriously though....I'm all for doing lots on Halloween....but I'd kind of like to end up somewhere where there is a chance to win prizes and stuff. Which...usually...means a drinking establishment. So here's my thought. We spend a good portion of the time at the mall until it shuts down...and then anyone who wants to can cab it to somewhere else. I've got friends that go to a bar downtown that Halloween is the big event of the year and some of the costumes are apparently unreal!! That's what I like...seeing all the costumes. And...unfortunately....you're only ever going to see the ones with a lot of effort put into them at places where they can win stuff for them. Who knows....we might even win something for best group costume?

I'd also like to....one year if not this year....go to the Bear Halloween Howler...there are apparently some pretty fantastic costumes there too! Hmmm....I should check that out..maybe it's on Saturday this year and it could be a Halloween weekend!

Any chance you could turn 18 before Halloween, Alex?

15. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    lol, i think he still wouldn't come

EDIT: I don't see why we couldn't have two events. Both of them costumed. One night we could watch the Indy trilogy like Steve suggested and the next we can go out to where ever. This way those of us who don't or can't drink can still do something in costume

16. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    So I think the plan so far, and certainly correct me if I'm wrong...is to spend the early part of the evening wandering around the mall and taking John's kids trick or treating? Or were you going to do that in your neighbourhood first John, and then meet us? Then we were going to check out Red's.

I'm thinking around 10 or 11 I'm going to head out to Suburbs downtown to meet up with some friends there, so if anyone wants to come with me, the more the merrier!

If anyone has better ideas, post'em asap so we can be sure we are all ready and happy with what we are doing.

As far as costumes go....if anyone needs my help, let me know asap. I've already got some others to make for friends and there are always those of my friends who wait until the last minute to ask. So if I can help out this group earlier...that would be great!

17. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I was actually meaning to ask when I could get together with you or Terry to talk about my costume. I'll actually have some money to spare on Friday so I was hoping to go shopping for the fabrics and whatever else sometime this weekend (Friday evening is booked, and don't forget about games night Sat. afternoon ;) )

I suppose you'll also need my measurements... Don't tell anyone! :(

18. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I'd be pleased to help you out with your costume, Berx. And yes....your measurements are our little secret...client - costumer confidentiality and all.... ;)

Unfortunately this weekend probably won't work out for me. My husband's band is playing Friday and Saturday....and Saturday is a big night out with my friends for my birthday (which is Sunday).

Tuck that money away for a little bit. Maybe next Wednesday (not tomorrow) we can meet up prior to any group meeting at the fabric store in the mall and sort out what you're looking for. It certainly wouldn't be the first time I've measured someone in the fabric store... ;) That way even if the store doesn't have what you're looking for....or it's not on sale, we're both on the same page with what you're looking for. I have a discount card too which will help.

Do you have the costume basically sorted out? Got any stickmen drawings? :)

19. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I was pretty well going to pattern it after Terry's and I was thinking of using wool for the robe so it would look more realistic (even if it IS hot as hell)

20. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Hmmmm.....I've never seen Terry's other than the pics John posted. We'll need Terry's assistance then Or maybe Terry would be better off making it? No worries...we'll figure something out!

As far as the fabric goes........I don't know if you can make it in to a store on the sort of southside but it's a discount place and chances are they'll have something suitable for the cloak.

21. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Got an address? I've never shopped for fabrics before so I'd need some help too. I'd be willing to meet ya there

22. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I'm sure we'll be able to figure something out, Berx. Do you know where the Thunder Dome use to be? I think it's 63rd Ave and 90 something street. I'll look it up for you....

23. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    There is a discount fabric store (where the Thunderdome was) on the corner of Gateway Blvd. and Argyll Rd. (just off of 63rd Ave. and 99th St.)

24. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Yep....that's the one. It's called Marshall's. It's in the little strip mall right behind the strip mall that had the Thunder Dome in it.....now I think it's Tonic.

25. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Wednesday next week works for me. I think the sale that's on right now goes till the 18th.

edit: anyone know where my mini-R2 went again ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.