main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anybody else Cry?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth-Notorious, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baby_jedi

baby_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2003
    I didn't cry. I think this was because I was trying to absorb everything: the locations, the beautiful colors, the music, etc. But, I am going to see it again this weekend, so maybe the tragedy will sink in and I can cry. Sometimes ROTJ still makes me cry.

2. Maximus_Draco

Maximus_Draco Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    It is a rare occurance if I cry. It did make me pout a bit. When I took my gf to see it, she cried though the whole thing!

3. General_Kin

General_Kin Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    I was far from crying but i was quite sad when order 66 was executed by darth sidious and all the the jedi were killed. I also think the intro of clocks-Coldplay would have been a good song when the jedi were being killed

4. LeiaO

LeiaO Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    I started crying when Anakin went to kill the younglins n didn't stop after that. My friend thought I'm crazy

5. Genome

Genome Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    I actually cried a little during the final scene, as Obi-Wan hands over Luke to Owen and Beru and the Force theme comes in and we see Owen and Beru looking out against the Tatooine sunset.

John Williams' score, coupled with the brilliant visual link to A New Hope and the scene really showing that hope still lives is just beautiful.

6. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    First time I saw it, I was shocked more than tearful at a lot of stuff. Remember, I had been non-spoiler. And actually quite horrified at a couple parts - Mace's death and Anakin's injuries/immolation/reconstruction.

The second time, I did get more emotional. Order 66, The Immolation Scene, Padme's funeral...and I did mist up at that damn ending :p Had to take a few moment to compose myself during the credits before I could leave the cinema.

It's that last hour in particular. When Mace dies, it's all goes downhill and tragic very quickly. That's a real turning point.

7. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    No I didn't cry, but I was very sad and shocked. :(

8. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    outright tears, no. but I was teary eyed in the final moments. the emotions involved were pretty strong in the first viewing. conflicting emotions. sadness and hope at the same time. also joy at knowing how it will all come together in the end, and satisfaction that the whole thing works. the circle is complete.

9. YODAisWISE

YODAisWISE Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    i no its stupid but i have NOclue on how to post a buliten, can u please tell me.

10. Invictus_Sol

Invictus_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2003
  11. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    My mom started crying right after Padme died.

12. km12

km12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    I even cried the third time.

13. limits

limits Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    I did... :_| :_| :_|

14. OldLady

OldLady Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    DarthTrooper-Oh could I relate to your viewing experience!

We saw the first showing of the movie (excluding the midnight) and I took my kids out of school early for 2 reasons.
    (1) I couldnt possibly wait a few more hours knowing it was in the theater - bad enough I couldnt go to the midnight showing and

(2) I was hoping that by going to a "middle of a school day" showing that there wouldnt be a lot of kids (my kids, ages 10 and 13 were TOTALLY SILENT - I think with SHOCK-LOL)

Instead I was surrounded by many 5 year olds who kept shouting things like "Mommy, look it's Yoda!!" or "Is that a Wookie?" at the worst times!

Because I'd not allowed one little fragment of "spoiler info." to reach me I was COMPLETELY SHOCKED at some of the things that occurred in this movie (I only knew the obvious......Anakin turns to Darth Vader and something happens to Padme....)I protected myself from knowing anything else & I'm glad I did. However, after seeing it 3 times the first was the most emotional because of that shock.

Sorry you had to deal with much of the same stuff-its hard to block out all the activity around you -some people have no respect at all for those around them in these theaters.

I was a bit "naughty" at the second showing because I wanted to REALLY enjoy the movie without distraction so I brought many sweatshirts & purses and spread them through the back two rows (oddly my Grandma, Grandpa, and my many kids never returned from the concession stand/bathroom) I felt a tad guilty but at least I got to HEAR the whole movie the second time and could get more "into it."

Take Care-

Barb

15. Darth_Buddy_Lee

Darth_Buddy_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2004
    I teared up a little when Luke was dropped off. Seeing the twin sunset again, I don't know, there was something very poetic about that scene.

The second time I saw it, I almost did for the Younglings. The first time I was just angry at Anakin. The second time I knew it was coming. They were hiding and scared and thought they were going to be saved.

Didn't cry for Anakin. He deserved a lot worse than he got.

16. DARTH_CRISPY

DARTH_CRISPY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2005
    When the Jedi died.

As Anakin was killing the Seperatists. Watch this scene closely, its him screeming in pain for the most part, and when you see his face he's tortured.

When Obi-wan says: "Anakin's the father isn't he?? I'm so sorry."

When Obi-wan tells Anakin he failed him.

When Obi-wan looks at Anakin on the river bank.

When Yoda makes that super sad face when Padme dies.

And when Obi-wan drops off Luke.

17. racerx

racerx Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    I sucked it up like a man over three viewings so far, but Order 66 still gets me.

Oh, and stupid japor snippet! :_|

*sniff*

18. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    I didn't cry, I couldn't, I was to numb the first time I saw it, just wanted to see what would happen next. The next day I was so depresed that I had to watch ANH, but that didn't do it, so I bought Stover's book because I couldn't get to a theater again in five agonizing days. But when I read the book, I cried.
    "...Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite stars." That did it for me. I'm sure I will cry when I watch it alone on DVD.

19. Just_plain_Yogurt

Just_plain_Yogurt Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    I have NEVER cried during a movie before, but came very close during the Order 66 sequence. I saw the movie again with my girlfriend and she started crying at (no joke) the balcony/hairbrush scene. You can imagine what the rest of the movie was like.

20. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Just_plain_Yogurt posted on 6/1/05 11:55am
    I have NEVER cried during a movie before, but came very close during the Order 66 sequence.
    [hr][/blockquote]
    Same here.

21. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    30-something year old dude had a total weepfest next to me on monday when Padme dies and vader rises.

22. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I didn't cry in RotS...but it sure gave me chills during certain scenes (younglings) and it made my heart yearn for Anakin to recognize the love Padme had for him.

This film certainly was emotional.

23. DarkPrime

DarkPrime Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2005
    My breath was definately taken away on several occasions:

1. Palpatine's face being fried with lightning

2. Order 66 being carried out

3. The solitary sound of Anakin's lightsaber igniting next to the younglings (this one hit me both times I saw the movie).

4. Vader's "I Hate You!" line and the consequental flesh burning scene (both times).

All I could do for these scenes was stare with my eyes and mouth open, and my heart pumping away. They rocked! PS - Padme is so annoying in all 3 films, but this one takes the whining level another notch up; I don't feel sorry for her at all.

24. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i didnt cry at all but i felt that i almost did at:

1- when padme says to anakin that he is breaking her heart :_|

2- padme's funeral(the saddest thing here was that she was still holding the jappor snipet,she still loved anakin when she died) :_|

3- the whole "anakin's betrayal" and the dead of all the jedi scene :(

4- of course on the "you were the chosen one" line.

5- padme's rumination.when anakin has to decide between saving padme or remaining loyal to the jedi council.the single tear on his face...

6- when padme had the twins,she tells obi-wan that there is good in anakin and she dies :_|

7-the younling asking anakin what were they going to do :_|

25. Dredoran

Dredoran Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    MastaAnakinS wrote:...when anakin "died", i "died"

That's exactly how I felt. Feels good to know somebody else did too.
    I think I started to cry the first viewing about the time Anakin cries: What have I done? Falls back and his lightsaber falls to the floor.
    In the viewings since then: A. when Anakin's waiting in the Council Room looking out at 500 Republica and Padme's looking back at the Temple.
    Who am I kidding, there's no B. It's all downhill from there.
    Oh, and kudos to all who have mentioned the soundtrack. It was great before having seen the movie. Now...Just listening to Immolation, Padme's Ruminations and Anakin's Dark Deeds, make me feel so :(
    Thank you George, John, and Stover. The Force Is With You.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.