main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Did you know?" - reveal a fact about yourself

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by timbolton, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Congrats. Parenthood is great. (not the movie though, thats crap)

When I was 6 I slipped on a bar of soap and headbutted a urinal. I now have a nice scar over my right eye but had I fallen an inch further to the right I would now only have one eye.

When I was 13 I was using a Seesaw as a catapult and my little brother got too close and got hit in the face by the Seesaw. When we got to hospital we discovered that we had dislodge his top lip and the base of his nose from his skull. You could literally get hold of his nose and pull it an inch away from his head. 5 stitches later and it was fixed (It healed in less than a week) I got into rather a large amount of trouble for that.

I was once accused of a hit and run offence and was brought in for questioning. That had to be one of the most scary things I have ever had to endure as I was in the area when it happened and someone got me confused with the actual offender. They were getting ready to charge me when the offender handed himself in. I was crapping my pants I can tell you. [face_worried] :_|

I've been diving since I was 14 and have clocked up over 200 dives. On one dive I was attacked by a shark, granted it was a Dogfish (albeit a big one) and it bit my finger through my glove. I have been trained and am capable of teaching people to Scuba dive and I'm going on a NITROX course and further Instructor training in 2006.

Just a few facts about me. I can't think of any more right now.

I'm currently 100 pages into a book I'm doing very badly at writing (I'm my own worst critic [face_plain] )

2. jedichef1

jedichef1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2004
    Cheers :) oh and she is due may 12

3. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    April 21st here.
    Congrats mate!

4. jedichef1

Aug 17, 2004
    Congrats yourself :D

5. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    Did you know that my childs due date is also my Mums birthday AND the Queens birthday!

6. jedichef1

Aug 17, 2004
    No excuse to forget then!!

7. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    Congratulations, both of you. I'm sure you'll be wonderful daddys!

8. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    thats excellent news. congrats to both

9. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    My fiance keeps telling me off for pointing at her belly bump and saying 'I am your father.' in my Vader voice.
    She keeps smacking my hand away!

Did you know ...

I broke my Ankle playing Laser Quest in Kingston about 12 years ago.
    All I did was walk down a ramp and SNAP!
    Wish I had done it being all commando now!

10. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    "My fiance keeps telling me off for pointing at her belly bump and saying 'I am your father.' in my Vader voice.
    She keeps smacking my hand away!
    "

BRILLIANT

11. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Hehe Jimbo :cool: You worked out any possible names yet?

Congrats to all the Dads to be, lucky fellas :D I'll tell you a story one day why you are.

And thanks to everyone who posted in this thread, I don't get more than a few replies to ones I start usually :p More than one is a success [face_laugh]

Just to add - I did one of the most stupid things when I broke my wrist years ago. We had a slide in our garden, one like you'd see in parks years ago. I was fooling around in front of my brother and neighbour, ran up the slide bit of it. The slide toppled one way, I went the other and landed on my arm. I didn't make a noise, just got up, realised my wrist wasn't quite right, held it in my other hand and walked inside to my mum.

What phobias do people have?

Me - water (probably started when we went finishing in the canals outside of Southport, I sat on my Dad's hamper next to the water, it toppled and dunked me in, Dad had to pull me out) and heights (can't say what started this, but I am not good with heights. Which is bad when I want to go visiting castles). Add water and heights together and you get me stuck in my tracks like a rabbit in front of headlights. I do get myself to move eventually, but I have never been able to get rid of them. Funny thing is I can swim ok, so if I were to get dunked again, I'd probably be fine.

12. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    We decided on Paige for a girl.
    Boys names ... hmmmmmmmmmm ... we cannot agree!
    I like ...
    Lucas
    Lewis
    Wyatt
    Jacen and
    Corran.

She likes ...
    Riley
    Harrison
    Dhillon
    Harvey and
    Dominic.

And apparently Luke may be a contender! :D

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    So we are changing your name to "Anakin" be depol then? :p
    Nice names btw :cool:

14. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    Yes!
    :D

But not Dominic!
    Reminds me of a kid I hated!
    My favorite is Lucas!

15. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Phobia's

Spider's and Heights.

Water I can't really understand but then with being a diver I suppose that self explanatory.

16. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    LMAO Jimbo!!!!
    I 100% agree with you on the Dominic! We had one in our group of friends at uni, in fact I ended up sharing a student house with him since he was sharing with two of my closest pals, and he was just manky. He smelt bad, I even got him to admit once that he never showered and bathed once a millennium (we guessed), and was an annoying bar steward. Selfish, mean, arrogant and bone idle. DON'T PICK DOM, it's cursed! The others are :D

Farty, j/k I mean Boss Fatburt, I think it has something to do with being almost drowned for me in that mucky canal. Don't get me wrong, I love swimming, I can stand by my pond no problem, but put me near a lake or a walkway above the sea and I get a little tetchy, to say the least. Having said that, last time I was at Appleby I coped with walking along the river Eden and the pathway at times was no more than 15-20cm wide, and it was muddy and slippery. I never got a dunk in the river, and made it all the way along from Ormside to Appleby (a few miles?) so it isn't always a problem. I have never done diving to be honest, never been very good with a snorkel lol.

17. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Farty?!?!?!?!?

I sense a new sock coming on.

18. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Don't think that will stop the cloud of doom being released somehow boss :p

19. Farty

Farty Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2005
    I could be insulted by that you know. [face_frustrated]

Right Atlantis and then Rome is on so I'm off for the night.

Catch you all later

20. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    LOLOLOL! :D

Wednesdays are now a good night - Rome then two episodes of Lost.

21. moogi_wan

moogi_wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005

Well that's one thing Tim Bisley and I have in common.

I couldn't eat a plate of seafood because a deep-fried crab was staring at me.

22. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Did you know?

When my parents were looking for a place to buy in Southport, the one they eventually bought has a pond in it. On the day they were looking around, I decided (aged about 3-4) the pond looked good for a quick dip and Bob's ya uncle I was sinking to the bottom. Not the best water baby I believe.

Years later my brother was riding his bike in the back garden, ran into the rock by the pond and flew over his handlebars into it headfirst lol.

If I remember correctly, my younger brother still hasn't fallen in yet. I think that needs to be corrected, soon too [face_mischief]

Nor my cat ...

23. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    If ever I have kids, they will be called Amy or Nick

24. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Amy is definitely a good name, Nick is a good name for a scouser :p

Don't have kids, the world can't handle more of you :p lol j/k

25. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Everyone seems to like the name Amy. I was almost a Nick (or Daniel), but my Mum decided to name me after Jason Connery instead...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.