main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do extra-terrestrial beings exist?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by General Kenobi , Jun 14, 2003.

?

Do extra-terrestrial beings exist?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes. It's only a matter of time before we start traveling to other galaxies, too.

45.8%
  2. Maybe. They may exist, but there is no reliable evidence that they've ever visited us.

43.5%
  3. No. They don't exist at all. There is no evidence to support their existence.

10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Anais

Jedi_Anais Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    I voted yes because I've actually seen a UFO, when I was 8. I had no idea what it was at the time, I thought it was an airplane until it suddenly disappeared. Then I saw a TV special on UFO's a few weeks later and there it was, the exact same thing I had seen.

But I don't believe they come down to earth, or that we'll be visiting other galaxies anytime soon.

2. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Yeah, they exist but the universe is so massive that odds are they haven't visited here.

3. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Meh, I don't think they do, but I don't know everything so maaaaybe...

4. Emmadala

Emmadala Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    I voted no... I don't really dig much into the whole alien idea. I used to think so but then I was like well maybe. And then I just decided not to believe in them. If one landed in front of me and said hello how's it going i would be like hey alien guy. Until then I'd like to not believe because it scares me. LOL I read this book and the lady was talking about driving to a ufo haunted type house and there was a green light and stuff. I forgot but it anyones interested in the story I can find you the book title. :p

5. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Evolutionary theory supports that they do. With such evidence as finding complex amino acids all over the galaxy (most recently on Saturn's largest moon, Titan), this lends some evidence to this idea. However, whether or not they're intelligent is a different story. And even if they were, the chances that they actually contacted us is pretty slim.

6. Sate_Pestage

Sate_Pestage Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2001
    Maybe.

Maybe. They may exist, but there is no reliable evidence that they've ever visited us. - a perfect description.

7. wildbandito11

wildbandito11 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
  8. captainfrosty

captainfrosty Jedi Master star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    [face_alien_1] Maybe. I hope so. ]-}

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I think it would be foolish to think we are the only beings in the universe. Have we been visited? Probably not. Are there others out there? I'd have to say yes.

10. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    i believe they do and regularly visit us.
    yes i'm crazy lol but oh well

don't get me started on cover-ups tho

11. SheLeftMeForAWookiee

SheLeftMeForAWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    The universe is a big place. Who knows how many planets have life and might have had civilizations in the past.

We may be newcomers to the galactic community, maybe.

12. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    I'm pretty sure they exist, but all of this junk about alien abductions and ship sightings is bogus. I sincerely doubt they'd waste their time to study us.

13. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah I think theres life out there even if it isn`t little green men,flying saucers or stuff like that

14. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    No way would they want to visit. In fact, I suspect our part of the universe has been cordoned off, because we are way too violent and stupid. Not all of us, but alot of us, including some of the people in charge.

15. Chewbacca-girl

Chewbacca-girl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    I'm sure we are not alone. There is life somewhere far from our galaxy.

16. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
  17. ____Joker____

____Joker____ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2005
    Yep, I ind it hard to believe we are the only ones out here.

18. millenium_dove

millenium_dove Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Of course there are extra terrestrial beings. There's even an equasion that figures out the odds. It's pretty cool.

19. millenium_dove

millenium_dove Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Of course there are extra terrestrial beings. There's even an equasion that figures out the odds. It's pretty cool.

20. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Yes, I can't wait till we can travel to other galaxies to meet them.

21. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
  22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I voted yes.

Part of me just doesn't want to limit, and part of me just doesn't want to be so egotistical to believe that we're that alone.

23. Dragon_eye

Dragon_eye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2006
    I believe the is "others" out there, I kinda wish they would visit. [face_alien_1]

24. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I say 'Yes'

Though I don't believe in the abductions (I believe abductees are prolly experiencing night terrors) and I don't think they are visiting us. Communicating? Maybe - the best evidence (albeit sorta weak imho) is the WOW! signal.

And VoijaRisa already made a good point about evolution:

We tend to think that the creation of life was a freak improbable thing - and in a way it sorta is - but evolution dictates that freak things happen as a natural course of things, and that eventually, given time, molecules and life will evolve.

25. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.