main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do ghosts/spirits exist?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by jedi-mind-trick, Jul 23, 2003.

?

Do ghosts/spirits exist?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes - absolutely positive!

37.2%
  2. Yes - pretty sure

19.3%
  3. Not sure either way

13.7%
  4. Nah - probably not

11.6%
  5. Nah - absolutely no way!

17.0%
  6. Never thought about it

1.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcus-Aurelius

Marcus-Aurelius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2004
    I voted no. However, as far as legacies go, ghosts can exist.

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Nah - absolutely no way!

3. LadyAngelic

LadyAngelic Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    Nah - absolutely no way!

4. Zinergy

Zinergy Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2004
    Nah - absolutely no way! I consider myself nominally a Christian, and I don't belive that ghosts or spirits exist.... well, except for the Holy Spirit! ;)

5. Slayer_Jedi

Slayer_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2003
    I voted for not sure either way.

6. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    Probably.

If you can read this, I can press my brake and sue your post [face_devil]

7. Talonah

Talonah Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 29, 2004
    Yes - absolutely positive!

I believe there are spirits and demons and angels.

I've had a few experiences in which I believe an angel has interceded in the physical world to save my life. Once when we (myself and my mom) were driving down the freeway, the brakes gave out, and the emergency brake failed also. There were some cars merging from an onramp ahead of us. They were going slower, and we nearly ran into them. Somehow, though, the cars in front of us sped up, and we slowed down, thereby avoiding an accident. I still believe to this day that God sent an angel to save us.

I've also felt an evil presence at night in my room, although when I prayed in Jesus' name, the evil feeling went away. It was amazing!

EDIT: spelling

8. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Yes... Positively. I Will Tell My Stories When I Have Longer Time to Post than this Evening...

Good Stories...

9. sweetcaroline

sweetcaroline Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2004
    I, along with several family members have had strange experiences. Alot of this happened in this one house we lived in when I was very young. However, I don't know if what happened to my older sisters influenced me. Strange things happened to my parents as well. Like my mom was home by herself one afternoon and when she decided to lay on top of the bed covers to rest for a few minutes she felt the bed go down like someone had just layed down beside. She looked over and found an indentation of some entity on my father's side of the bed.
    The other strange thing was when my father was taking a nap after he came home from work waiting on dinner and he woke up choking. My mother came rushing in 'cause she heard him faintly holler out and found the lamp cord wrapped around his neck with a cord mark like someone was trying to choke him.
    Another time my sister was straightening out the covers down around her legs and feet when something helped her out by tucking her feet in the covers- everyone was asleep in the house.
    My other sister had an encounter that I can't remember right now.
    Anyway, I think they exist. The things that went on in that house were bizarre to say the least. No explanation for them.

10. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    When this topic comes up, most people, but not all, think it MIGHT be possible for them to exist, or they would not ask.

I'll give my answer after I ask you a question: If they do exist, who or what are they?

Some people have strong opinions that these spirits are dead people who "come back" to visit or haunt others, places, and things.

Some folks believe they are good angels who intervene in the lives of people and animals for their well-being here on earth.

Some hold to the idea these ghosts are "aliens" from another time or planet sent here to assist or disrupt mankind.

There is a large class, however, who are convinced these "spirit/ghosts" are nothing more than fallen, demonic angels--or Satan himself--who impersonate those who have died in order to deceive the living regarding the subject of death. This group draws this conclusion from one of the most widely read pieces of literature ever written. They claim the Bible teaches that when a person dies, they sleep and do not wake up until called by their Creator. They do not come back to visit people or places. At death, they do not go to a Heaven, a purgatory, or a "hell." Very similar to surgery: most people remember getting the IV and then remember waking up after it, but do not remember the surgery itself. According to this Book, death is but creation in reverse: when you die, your body returns to dust and your spirit, the breath of life, returns to the Creator who gave it. These people have found that the Scriptures say nothing about this breath of life being
    a person who goes on living after death. When you die, that's it, your dead, unconscious of anything that is taking place under the sun; just sleeping.

So, yes, I believe that ghosts/spirits do exist. But, as to who and what are they, I side with that fourth group who adhere to what the Scriptures teach about the subject of death.

11. Evil_Otto

Evil_Otto Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 28, 2004
    Nah - absolutely no way! I consider myself nominally a Christian, and I don't belive that ghosts or spirits exist.... well, except for the Holy Spirit!

Now how can anyone who says they believe in a god not believe in ghosts?! If the Christian bible is right, then God is a ghost! Doh!!! And I suggest not watching any more Star Wars if you don't believe in ghosts, because Star Wars is full of ghosts, from Obi-Wan Kenobi etc, right the way to the Force itself!

I myself believe in ghosts. After all, the spirit is merely a naturally occuring energy field that leaves your body when you die. I also am planning on becoming a ghost hunter in the future.

12. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
    Yeah.. I'm pretty sure they do.

13. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    yep in my head for sure :D

-Mel

14. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    I voted yes. I have seen, on two occassions when I was very young, the phenomenon known as "shadow people." I have no idea what it was, and would even be willing to believe I had dreamed the whole thing, and since I was still a child confused it with reality, except my sister was with me on one occassion. She also saw them independent of me and with a friend. In the subsequent 30 years, I have met at least a dozen or so other people who have seen the same thing.

Years ago on the Art Bell radio program, he received many, many, calls, emails, and faxes from people around the world who also had seen these things. While I was listening I got the crawlie things down my spine.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, imagine a shadow standing in the middle of the room, but not a shadow. Watch the movie "Ghost", and you will see something very similar.

15. Lucky_Luke

Lucky_Luke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2004
    No way - as I am empirically indoctrined by my field of studies, the necessity to proof the existence is on the pro side. For most people, it is merely a matter of belief (thus: religion).

LL :)

16. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Nah - ABSOLUTELY no way!

17. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    Yes they exist. Go watch White Noise ;)

18. Long-Lost-Idiot

Long-Lost-Idiot Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2005
    Of course they do. I do have absolutly no doubt about it.

19. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I guess I should have said, "Pretty sure." I just look at all the energy stored up in the human body and BAM, you're dead. "Energy is neither created or destroyed" So where does it go? Especially for someone who dies in a particularly gruesome fashion, there's a lot of energy to go SOMEwhere.

20. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    I've seen some stuff that I can't explain so Yes.

21. gold6

gold6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2004
    Absolutly Positivve!I've seen one.No, not a humon figer, but yes I have seen one.

22. Appan_Parsu

Appan_Parsu Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2001
    Does comunicating with the spirit world count, as I has comuicated with two, not related spirits. They were brother and sister, the sister was Annie, about 16 to 18. He brother was no older than 8, his name was a little fuzzy in the comunication! Eddy or William, then again he may have been called both as in first and second name (Edward William). They lived during the late 18 century (17 hundreds) or early 18 century (18 hundreds). The boy died during a fire at their uncles home, while the girl was with a young fellow. Her gilt lead to her hanging herself. They comunicated via not voice nor been visible but through fellings. I'd ask them a question, then their fellings about the question would cascade through me! weird hu! As I was working at a clients garden, a large garden of 16 acres, and at the time I was strimming some banks in their wood! I beleive were she hanged herself. She 'reached' out to me with a very cold question, what are you doing?

23. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Yes - absolutely positive!

24. Yoda_Rules

Yoda_Rules Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2005
    If there's something strange in your neighbourhood...Who you gonna call.... [face_skull]

25. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    I don't believe in ghosts / spirits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.