main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do the Jedi boots seem similar to the Imperials boots?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by openmind, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I know it sounds odd, a thread titled as such, but I think it can be debated that the Imperials replace the Jedi. What do you think?

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you rephrase your question?

-Aunecah

3. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Not sure about the Jedi, but Dooku was designed to resemble an imperial if that's any help.

4. openmind

Jan 23, 2003
    Not sure about the Jedi, but Dooku was designed to resemble an imperial if that's any help.

I didn't know that. Thanks. :)

Well, I bring this up, is that I think it is possible that Sidious prior to TPM was to have the Jedi replaced by some sort of Supremists, who he in turn will have control over. By that I mean, he'll get his revenge over the Jedi by getting them replaced, wherein the Jedi are supposedly known by the whole Galaxy as having powers that maintain and control peace.

Meanwhile, the Imperials who replace them, eventually become Governors, etc as mentioned by Tarkin in ANH.

Its sort of a deviation of sorts, whereas the Jedi really had no say except try to maintain the status quo in the Galaxy, protecting the Republic. But the true control was by the Supreme Chancellor, to whom they have to report to.

So basically its a manipulation of system (Jedi) who were protectors of peace, for a millenium atleast, since the formation of the Republic. Ofcourse they were respected for 10,000 generations as well.

"I will not let this Republic that has stood for a thousand years be split into two" - Palpatine. What he really meant was that he wanted to have complete control for as long as he desired, in an obscured way of course.

Did this make sense, or am I talking to myself? Granted I've not examined the hypothesis very well [face_blush]

5. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Guys, military boots are military boots. There's nothing to read into it. In WWII the German and Russian army had near identical boots yet there were enemies. As a matter of fact, the Russian army still wears them.
    Also, it appears to be the style in the GFFA. Kind of like how we all wear cowboy boots in the USA as opposed to equestrian boots. Also, long boots such as these offer added protection to the legs from both the elements and some physical damage. Leather is good that way.

What's next? Princess Leia and Palp's both wore robes with a hood so they must be related? Stop reading so much into the movie. Better yet Wookies, Ewoks, and shak's have fur so they must be from the same species?

6. openmind

Jan 23, 2003
    Obi, I was actually getting at metaphorically speaking. Its not really reading into something, but rather whether to consider Imperials becoming a obscured version of the Jedi. In TPM and AOTC we have thousands of Jedi, but ten years a lot has happened and the Jedi numbers have surely dwindled.

Im looking at the aspect of the appearance of Imperials under the authority of a former Chancellor becoming a Emperor. If no Jedi, who's going to maintain control of the way the Galaxy is run? Its not just one man and not the Senate which has increasing become corrupt.

My take is that the Imperials recruited probably by Palpatine happens after the demise of the Jedi.

7. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Openmind you have a good head on your shoulders and I think your right about the similar boots between the Jedi and the Imperial officers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.