main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Don't tell me (Sabewan song fic) TPM

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hananiah, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Title: Don't tell me
    Summery: Sabe and Obi Wan share one last kiss
    Disclaimer: Characters don't belong to me but to George Lucas
    Song belongs to no doubt 'Don't speak' I am just using appopriate lyrics and mis-mashing them together so it's not the original song ** mean lyrics

She walked without being questioned. She was lost amongst the throngs of people. A faceless handmaiden among many. She entered the code to the door and it opened.

She stood and watched as the young Jedi sat, dressed in his own robes of office and looked down upon hers.

It happened here. their moment, that out of control feeling that had been born out of fear and the pressure of responsibility. She remembered sitting at the window with him, their heads bent together, his padawan braid ticking her cheek as she rested against him and watched the sand that had probably had been dancing to the same wind dance for thousands of years.

Until he had kissed her and she had kissed him back and suddenly she was part of the sand that was thrown turbulantly against the ship. That feeling of falling and she was aware of nothing but his lips on hers and his arms around her waist and hers around his shoulders and she realized even as they kissed their tears mingled together.

*Our memories they can be inviting
    But some are altogether mighty frightening*

She saw that moment in his peaceful meditation, saw how wrong it was. He was purging himself in the force for their kiss. She hoped he would find some peace.

*Don't speak
    I know just what you're saying
    So please stop explaining
    Don't tell me 'cause it hurts
    No no no*

He opened his eyes slowly, staring into her own as if he were just waking. She knew he had seen her long before his eyes had. His apologies reflected there and suddenly she couldn't bare it. Couldn't bare to have him tell her that he didn't love her, that it had been a mistake.

*Don't speak
    I know what you're thinking
    And I don't need your reasons
    Don't tell me 'cause it hurts*

She blindly turned, struggling to the last in his grip until she felt his head rest against her own. The familiar feeling of closeness and intimacy in such an innocent act left her with little strength.

*It's all ending
    I gotta stop pretending who we are*

She felt the tears even as she stood, silent in his embrace, in his apology.

"It's okay" she ground out slowly, wanting it to be over even as her heart screamed at him to hold her, to hold her forever.

"Jedi don't love, you told me that"

"What?"

The harshness in his voice turns her around in his embrace and she stares into his blue eyes.

"You don't love me and that's okay" she wiped her hand across her nose and grimaced. She was not blessed with beauty while crying.

"Sabe, I love you, of that I can swear to you without reservation"

*Don't speak, don't speak, don't speak*

The old denial rose up in her and she shook her head.

"I'm not some school girl who needs a comforting lie"

"And I'm not going to give you one" Obi Wan returned.

He bent his head until all she could see was those blue eyes she had fallen in love with some hours before.

"I love you Sabe, you mean almost everything to me"

Almost everything

*if it's real, well I don't want to know*

She looked down into their intertwined hands and stared at the emblem of Queen Amidala on her cloak. She had devoted everything to the service of Naboo and her Queen. How could it mean so little when she was looking at Obi Wan?

Did the Jedi feel so little when he was with her?

*You and me
    I can see us dying, are we?*

She suddenly realized it didn't matter. She had seen it in Obi Wan's meditation and in her own heart. It didn't matter what either of them felt because they would never acknowledge it. Here in this room was where their love had been born and had died.

*Don't speak
    I know just what you're saying
    So please stop explaining
    Don't tell me 'cause it hurts
    No no
    Don't speak
    I know what you're thinking
    And I don't need your reasons
    Don't tell

2. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Oh, very nice, Hananiah!

Poor Obi and Sabe. This is heartbreaking. :_|

I really felt Sabe's fear that Obi-wan didn't love her, and then their bittersweet time together...

**sigh**

Great work!

ojn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.