main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Down in Front: - This week, SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Teague, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    There is a fine line that too many people can't balance with Spidey's humour. Not all of it is necesarily always funny, but too often it just becomes obnoxious and annoying. Even within comics, outside of his own title, he is too often treated simply as comic relief rather than as a capable interesting character. The humour should be there but should be in balance with the drama. The 90s Fox Animated series did a decent job of this though its looking more and more dated as time goes by, and the more recent Spectacular Spider-Man Animated Series often has a decent balance of humour and drama/action.

2. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
  3. elemental_fantasy

elemental_fantasy Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2006
    :eek:

DUDE!!!

[face_dancing]

Though I am busy, I'll make time to watch this today.

4. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    sweet, now if only I didn't just watch this some months ago, I'd check it out. I will later though.

How about doing some Indy?

5. maul2

maul2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    So Vidina, you only let yourself watch a movie like once a year??

Gees, does that make me like an addict or something...

Anyways. Teague, I'm still getting a Page not Found, when I go to download it.

6. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
    Fixed the link, sorry. I had it as 8-13, not 8-3.

Also, Vidina - this is one you could listen to without the movie, for sure.

7. bobaandy123

bobaandy123 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2005
    IT CAME! FROM THE KUIPER BELT OBJECT FORMERLY KNOWN AS PLUTO!

Yeah, for sure you don't need the movie. And A very entertaining commentary.

8. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
    *single tear wells up*

9. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006

No, I just watched it a couple of weeks ago, and a movie like Apollo 13 isn't one I'd like to watch that often. It's a great film no doubt, but I can't watch it too often. I think a movie loses half its point once you've seen it once, since you know what's gonna happen, but I can still watch films like a hundred times, but not long ones that are slow paced like this one. Now, remember, I'm not saying it's a crappy film, it's just not like watching Shoot 'em Up, for instance.

10. maul2

maul2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    Vidina: Don't take offense to this or anything I'm not aiming at you just making observations about myself... (And obviously we prefer two very different kinds of films)

But man, when did I 2 hour movie come to be thought of as a "Loong" movie...and it's hardly what I would call slow paced. I love this film I would watch it every week if I could (I would say every day, but there are so many other awesome movies that I need to watch, that by the time I run through them all it's the end of the week :p) Annnyways, I love this movie. Nough said.

Oh, and loved the commentary, as always. Looooved the short film!

11. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    Oh I agree, there are some "Long" films like The Matrix I could watch nearly every day, but I'm more of a casual film watcher, and my preferred genre is comedies. Why? cause I like to watch casual comedies without having to pay attention to every little detail in the frame(think LOtR here). Now, I do enjoy great films as well, contrary to Mr. Broadway here, but they aren't usually what I watch.

I did, for example, enjoy Benjamin Button very much, but I don't think I'll watch it again anytime soon.

Get what I mean?

12. maul2

maul2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    Oh yah, I completely get it. Like I said I was just voiceing some things running through my head.

Although truth be told I haven't seen Benjamin Button yet, which is starting to get to me...actually there's alot of movies I need to see...

13. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
  14. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    Not to be a whiny "the world owes me stuff" kind of guy, but I'n having serious Down-In-Front withdrawal symptoms.

Help?

/Z

15. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
    Well, finally someone spoke up. I was starting to think nobody had noticed. ;)

Sorry, folks. The releasing of an episode falls entirely on my shoulders, and this has been a ridiculous week. We'll be back with our regularly scheduled dumb-assery this Sunday, in the meantime, use some Down in Front methadone for that withdrawal, Zap!

16. MasterZap

Aug 11, 2002
    Argh, I already have the Crystal Skull commentary. Boohoo. I just guess I have to throw peanuts at the TV myself this week.

Take heed that your DownInFrontery is very much appreciated from my corner of Sweden.

/Z

17. bobaandy123

Jan 21, 2005
    You could look at your iTunes archive of Geekza and laugh at how the descriptions all start with pretty much the same thing.

[image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7549/geekza.jpg]

18. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
    That one day I was mad at you guys. [face_peace]

19. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
  20. bobaandy123

Jan 21, 2005
    Oh good :). I was just about to post "Did the primary Down In Front just fall off my gorram internet for no apparent reason?"

Listening now.

21. MasterZap

Aug 11, 2002
    Nice one.

Pray tell, tho, was this recorded prior to The Abyss commentary? Coz I think Trey promised in that one to never talk about The Abyss again, but he still did (and even re-ran one of the anecdotes ;) )

Just teasin'. I love Abyss anecdotes - and Trey.

/Z

22. FX_guy

FX_guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2002
    Yep. In a rare move, we even say what day we're recording it. It was sometime in May, I think.

23. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    [image=http://www.daveschool.com/images/GradMugshots/GradGalery/Fig.jpg] = [image=http://angelinafauxlie.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/lumberg1.jpg] ????

24. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
  25. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    Next wee: JURASSIC PARK.

I love the thing though, go figure. It's got Norwegian crazies in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.