main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Draftmania: The Wrestling Draft - winner: Shadow_of_Durron

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Agree again.

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Wow. All that over a win. But I respect opposing disrespect. Iono. I never saw Jarrett in TNA, but Shamrock I'm definitely a bit partial towards because, well, even though he got no titles. He's still a beast who was more than capable of beating championship-quality guys. If it was 1 on 1 with Jarrett I'd have to research it, same with Ramon. But I don't at all think Ramon is beating Shamrock. Jarrett has a better case, if his reigns were worth anything. Which I assume they were.

That said, Kane has been champion. Shamrock would beat Kane.

3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I wasn't really responding to you, dude. Your judgment came as I was typing that up.

And yeah, like I said, I certianly wouldn't vote Ramon over Shamrock in a submission match if it were one-on-one. Just saying that it'd be one to really think about if it were a regular match, and therefore, even if it's a match type where Shamrock has a clear advantage, him vs. Razor alone is anything but a squash. Toss in Jarrett, who's even better, and it's really a no-brainer and not all that "tough", as was suggested.

And Kane was champ for, like, a day. I might vote Shamrock over him, too. But definitely not over Jarrett.

4. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    WWE Region

Roast Beef Sandwich 4
    Vs.
    The New Hart Foundation

TNA Region

The Dudes With Attitudes 3
    Vs.
    The Real American Dreams

Eight

Five

Two

Six

Three?

Jeff Jarrett *forfeit* Vs. Bret Hart

Kevin Nash (Manager Prep w/Stacey) Vs. Mick Foley (Prepped Hardcore Match)

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Nash should take this. He's not a complete stranger to hardcore matches, and I can totally imagine it being written with him taking some sick bump thanks to distraction/interference from Stacey.

On top of that, for non-booking reasons, he's got a strength edge, and neither of them really have speed or technical skill on their side. Foley is a better brawler, true, but that's not enough of an edge in this match. Peak Kevin Nash should whomp peak Foley.

6. captain-fantastic

captain-fantastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2007
    I'm not so sure about that. Mick Foley is one of the hardest wrestlers to take down in an anything goes match. The Undertaker barely could do it, the Rock couldn't do it (the only time he managed it, I think, he never actually beat Foley, he just played a recording of Foley saying I quit.). Foley can take a beating, but more importantly, he can dish one out. More to come later, after I do a bit of research so I don't come off sounding like a douche.

7. captain-fantastic

captain-fantastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2007
    Okay, I'm gonna make this short, as I don't want to drone on and on. Let's just focus on one of Mick Foley's hardcore matches against an opponent who is probably better than Nash, and himself no stranger to no-disqualification matches. The match we're going to look at is Foley's Empty Arena match against The Rock for the Heavyweight Title. Either the day before (or certainly the match before), The Rock had cheated Foley out of a win in an I Quit match by playing a recording of Foley saying the words I Quit. So, Foley gets another chance. Just him and The Rock in an empty arena, no holds barred. Both men punished each other, with The Rock having the upper hand and seemingly close to victory, until Foley, one of the most resilient wrestlers ever, began to come back. But it's neither Foley's resilience or tolerance for pain that wins it for him here (or that would win it for him against Nash). It's his aptitude for hardcore matches.

With The Rock down, near a hydraulic lift, Foley dragged him underneath the lift and pinned him with it. You can say it's luck, but really, it's Foley being innovative in a match where ANYTHING goes. Nash isn't going to have a better grasp of a hardcore match than The Rock did, especially since The Rock knew he was going into a hardcore match and I don't think that Nash will. As for his manager, it's as likely as not that his manager ends up on the ground either by accident or on purpose, and likely won't have that much of an impact on this match. Were it a normal match, it might be different. As it's a hardcore match, her impact would be minimalized, I think.

Rock-Mankind Part I
    Rock-Mankind Part II

8. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    I'm going to have to pick Mick Foley to win this one. Nash may be stronger, but Mick has an unreal ability to take punishment. With the stipulation, Stacy won't have much of an impact. She is far more of a distraction manager than an interference manager, and distractions won't be as useful since Nash doesn't have to hide foreign object/illegal maneuver usage.

9. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Any other judges ready to go on this one?

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm ready to judge but it won't help. I think, once again, Mankind is just a glorified, champion-level loser. Sure, making it hardcore helps, but it doesn't win the match for him. He had that reign against Rock but he's never been a great champion or even won that many of his big matches IIRC. Nash was one of the most dominant on WCW and is experienced in hardcore, interference, etc. And he's beaten, sometimes easily, people Mankind could beat maybe once in his career. Kevin Nash.

Sorry for being late. Partially busy, partially forgot.

11. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

Goddess-Jaina-Redick Jedi Knight star 4

May 5, 2005
    I'm going to have to go with Kevin Nash in this one. Mick Foley is just a glorified stuntman, and though this match is his specialty, I really think Nash would take him.

For titles:

Nash has beaten: Bob Backlund, Goldberg, Diamond Dallas Page, Booker T, Jeff Jarrett, Razor Ramon.

Foley has beaten: The Rock, Stonecold.

True Foley has more experience in a hardcore match, but I really think that Nash's strength and experience will win it for him.

12. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    WWE Region

Roast Beef Sandwich 4
    Vs.
    The New Hart Foundation1

TNA Region

The Dudes With Attitudes 4
    Vs.
    The Real American Dreams1

Eight

Five

Two

Six

Three

Seven

Ric Flair Vs. Chris Benoit

Scott Steiner TRUMPED with Booker T Vs. Dusty Rhodes

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Great match, but we know who wins.

Flair, Trump

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Prime vs. Prime, that first match is going to be on par with anything else out there ... match of all time candidate.

And, I don't think I need to argue my match

15. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Agreed, though I agree with Inty that the first match would be spectacular.

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Apologies, I guess I missed the second judgment.

WWE Region

Roast Beef Sandwich 5
    Vs.
    The New Hart Foundation1

TNA Region

The Dudes With Attitudes 5
    Vs.
    The Real American Dreams1

Eight

Five

Two

Six

Three

Seven

One

Triple H *manager prep w/ Shane McMahon* Vs. Goldberg

Booker T *forfeit* Vs. Rob Van Dam (Prepped with Taka Michinoku) (Tag)

17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh. Oh. Crap. Someone may hate me here... And that someone knows who he is.

18. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    I'll go with Triple H, though out of all the people in the match, the only one I like is Shane.

19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Whatever. I'll agree since the match is over, but it's not necessarily my actual opinion.

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004

WWE Region

Roast Beef Sandwich 6
    Vs.
    The New Hart Foundation1

TNA Region

The Dudes With Attitudes 5
    Vs.
    The Real American Dreams2

Four

JBL *tag prep w/ Ted DiBiase* Vs. Owen Hart *tag prepped with British Bulldog*

Hawk (Tag Prep with Animal) Vs. Steve Austin

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Doesn't really matter so...

Million Dollar Trump (I like the theme, seems like good cohesion

Trump

22. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    For the first match, I'll go with Owen & Bulldog. While there is probably a certain amount of cohesion between JBL and Ted, Owen and Bulldog were WWF tag champs for more than 6 months and stable mates for longer than that.

I agree on the second one.

23. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Whatever, I'll change my vote to agree

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Wrestlemania

Roast Beef Sandwich
    Vs.
    The Dudes With Attitudes

I want a good, clean fight. Let's get it on.

25. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Eh? Oh well. I would've like to argue that last one. But I could definitely see it going either way, so no biggie. And [face_plain] @ Yak, but again, it's in the past now.

But I hope those Dudes bring every last bit of their Attitudes, Inty. They're gonna need it.

[image=http://www.roadfood.com/photos/7635.jpg]

Ya'll can't handle that!

So... numbers in after a bit. But since I finally have some time today, I'm gonna go ahead and do what I'd planned on doing earlier. A nice collection of clips that shows just how awesome my guys are. So you know what monstrous evil you're up against. :D Gonna start getting those together... now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.