main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Duty of the Jedi Opening Crawl.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Lyrael, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyrael

Lyrael Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    Hi.
    I sat down today and started thinking about the opening crawl, that wa a few hours ago, and im still thinking. Could any one please help,
    This is the part ive figured out.
    --
    The Supreme Chancellor have dispached two Jedi Knights that are on their way to negotiat with the Trade Federation which have mad a blokade at the planet of Naboo stopping all shipping to the planet.

On the same starship are another two Jedi knights sent by the Jedi Counsil to investigate a disturbance in the force that master Yoda sensed.
    --
    Do you thing and come up with a Opening crawl, the best one will be in the film and the one that wrote it in the credits. :)
    Most of the stuff is in what i wrote, as you might see the film taks place just as Episode1.

Thanx

2. SWDork

SWDork Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    Hey what application are you using to do the SW scrolling text? I can't figure it out. LEt me know, please. email me at masterdap@comcast.net thanks

3. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Blender.

4. Lyrael

May 22, 2002
    im planning to use Adobe After Effects

5. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    "of the" :_|

6. t-toe

t-toe Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Well, I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but I CAN correct the two sentences you posted.

"The Supreme Chancellor has dispached two Jedi Knights that are on their way to negotiate with the Trade Federation which has made a blockade at the planet of Naboo, stopping all shipping to the planet.

On the same starship are another two Jedi Knights sent by the Jedi Council to investigate a disturbance in the force that master Yoda sensed."

This is probably not what you were looking for, but oh well. ^_^

--t.toe

7. Arfour_Peeseventeen

Arfour_Peeseventeen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    This is not to say your opening crawl is bad, but isn't the crawl traditionally suppose to have three paragraphs? ?[face_plain]

8. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I think he's asking us to revise his crawl.

Here's what I came up with:

STAR WARS

DUTY OF THE JEDI

A crisis has stricken a remote corner of the Galactic Republic. The Trade Federation has blockaded the Naboo system and stopped all shipping.

The Supreme Chancellor has already responded by surreptitiously dispatching two Jedi Knights to negotiate with the Federation.

Unbeknownst to all, even to the Chancellor, on the same starship are another two Jedi Knights sent by the Jedi Council to investigate a disturbance in the Force sensed by Master Yoda....

Rick McCallum loves you!

9. Arfour_Peeseventeen

Jun 2, 2002

STAR WARS

DUTY OF THE JEDI

A crisis has stricken a remote corner of the GALACTIC REPUBLIC. The Trade Federation has blockaded the Naboo system and stopped all shipping.

The Supreme Chancellor has already responded by surreptitiously dispatching two JEDI KNIGHTS to negotiate with the Federation.

Unbeknownst to all, even to the Chancellor, on the same starship are another two Jedi Knights sent by the Jedi Council to investigate a disturbance in the Force sensed by Master Yoda....

Gotta do the seemingly random all-caps of words. ;)

10. Lyrael

May 22, 2002
    JediTAC

Well what would you like instead? I know mostly every fan film has the "Of the" in its name, but i didn´t come up with anything better,

Thanx for the crawl, just what i wanted someone else to do the rest of it, lets see if anyone else got one thats better? write your crawl for my fanfilm and then ill use the best one! and your name will be in the credits.

11. Boba_Fat

Boba_Fat Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    It's generally a good idea, when writing an opening crawl to begin broad and slowly narrow down to the beginning action. Much like an intro to an essay, the opening crawl is the intro to YOUR story. Which is what arfour and adam have done. Utilize their example if you don't plan to use it exactly as they have written it.

12. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    Arfour, your revision looks a heck of a lot like mine, except that yours is colorful and has some capital words. [face_plain]

Rick McCallum loves you!

13. Arfour_Peeseventeen

Jun 2, 2002
    AdamBertocci --

Sorry about the confusion (if there was any). I didn't mean to take any credit. I just took yours and made it colorful :)

14. GrEvEs

GrEvEs Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2002
    don't forget the random capitilzation of words! however, i don't think its random, i think it points out the key people/things that make up the major plot of the story.

15. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    Okay Arfour. Colors are fun.

The capitalization of words thing seems to happen only on key phrases, and only once per crawl, and only on even-numbered movies:

ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC
    DEATH STAR
    GALACTIC EMPIRE

I guess JEDI KNIGHTS, SITH LORDS or somethin' like that could be capitalized... hmm.

Rick McCallum loves you!

16. andalite

andalite Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    wait, is an opening crawl supposed to be 3 paragraphs or is 4 ok?

17. Lyrael

May 22, 2002
    i think all the films just got three

18. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Unconsciously, the viewer is waiting for a Pan down right after the third paragraph (eh, I was waiting for a pan down in AOTC, but they panned up ! eh eh...)

Lucas has changed his habits for once, so now fanfilms can do this... So yeah, you could add a fourth paragraph, if you really need it...

19. Lyrael

May 22, 2002
    So what do you guys think about AdamBertocci´s Opening Crawl?

Good enought to be in my Fanfilm?

Im going to let you all decide.

Yes,
    No,
    If not you got anythink better.

Thanx.
    (That is if I may use is Adam.)

20. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Yes I like Adam's crawl.

The thing is, I don't get why people use that scary looking Blender program to do their crawls when you can do an adequate job on Premiere 6.

I'll upload one onto a site for y'all to see sometime soon.

21. Lyrael

May 22, 2002
    ok do that, I think ill use After Effects. Blender sucks.

22. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Here's my crawl created on Premiere. For details on exactly how it's done, ask me.

Premiere Crawl

It's 4MB (sorry but I couldn't compress it any further otherwise it'd be tiny) and for a fanfilm I may or may not make.

BTW You have to right click and choose 'Save Target As'. Don't just click on the link. It won't work.

23. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Thats a cool crawl but isn't it a bit ilogical that the presence of two other Jedi is unbeknownst to all? Apart from Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn sensing them, two Jedi can't just stowaway on a starship without consentment of the council or a higher authority.
    You mentioned they are there to inspect something sense by master Yoda. Does he personally dispatch them? If so, it isn't unbeknownst to all. If not, isn't it a bit weird for a Jedi Master and his padawan to just go off on some "damn fool idealistic crusade" on their own?

Carl

24. Lyrael

May 22, 2002
    "damn fool idealistic crusade" Isn´t that what Owen think Luke would do if he meet Obiwan?

They were sent by the Jedi Counsil to investigate an unusual disturbance in the force. So how is this?

A crisis has stricken a remote corner of the Galactic Republic. The Trade Federation has blockaded the Naboo system and stopped all shipping.

The Supreme Chancellor has already responded by surreptitiously dispatching two Jedi Knights to negotiate with the Federation.

On the same starship are another two Jedi Knights secretly sent by the Jedi Council to investigate an unusual disturbance in the Force sensed by Master Yoda...

All the spelling right?

25. Lyrael

May 22, 2002
    Admiral Ewok how did you do it?

Cant download it yet "The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.