main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO E3 2014 (June 9th-12th) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Jun 3, 2014.

1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I'm watching/listening on YouTube since Twitch is blocked at my work. Haven't had any issues.

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Eh...Fable Legends looks fun enough, but I still wish they'd go back to the Fable 3 formula (minus the King/Queen part). That was fun.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Evolve actually looks pretty cool- a mixture of AVP and your typical class-based FPS.

ACU- More of the same for the series hut the co-op holds promise for setting it apart. I wasn't really blown away by AC4 though so it's difficult for me to get excited about this one- my interest in the series tends to be centered around what era and location it's set in, and I don't have much interest in the French revolution.

Dragon Age- Haven't played the series before but I assume since it's BioWare that it'll pretty good regardless.

Sunset Overdrive- Ok, that was pretty funny. I love it. Hope the gameplay lives up to the humor in the trailer. [face_laugh]

EDIT- Ah, looks like ti does. neat. Very funny looking.

EDIT 2- Dead Rising DLC... I really wasn't sure what I was looking at for most of the time but by the end you kinda get a sense of what it is. Looks fun, even if it's a pretty crappy trailer that doesn't convey the product. Points for effort though.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Honestly I've been reading every trailer for DA:I as an attempted save after DA2, which was basically a huge misstep. "Look, elf ears! You don't have to be a human anymore! Please come back."

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Fable Legends- looks lovely with a light sense of humor- the villain vs heroes angle is unexpected but makes the game look like it should have been made for the Wii U, not XB1 since it's centered around asymmetric gameplay- it's basically what ZombiU's multiplayer mode introduced, just expanded out to a full 5 players instead of the 2 ZU was rushed with.

EDIT- Much like last year's E3, Project Spark is still the most potentially impressive title to be announced for XB1 and has the potential to be a great stepping stone towards players learning programming and game design- even if a step above the gateway of Minecraft.

I'm actually dissapointed they felt the need to include Conker in there to push the game- it makes it seem like they don't have the confidence in the product to stand on it's own. But it is a neat bonus.

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    New game from Playdead? I'm in (assuming it comes out on PC at some point).

7. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Okay 343, you got my attention now. H2 was my favorite of the games...so an anniversary edition is welcome news. Even if it has to be bundled with the others.

8. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006

If we were talking about BioWare from about five years ago, I'd agree. But since we're talking about bEAware now, well... *points to DA2 and ME3*

As for ACU, it could be interesting, especially in a French Revolution setting. I really liked ACII and Brotherhood (helped that it was a period that I studied and liked), ACIII was... eh. I didn't hate it, but I don't really like it too much either.

Nobody145 likes this.
  9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    ACU got me excited about Assassin's Creed again. The French Revolution is literally perfect for that series.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ori- looks like a lovely platformer. Hopefully the full game maintains that sense of beauty. Shame it's an exclusive, I think?

Halo- not their best teaser trailer, especially given that it's seemingly a throwback to the teaser trailer for Halo 2, which is one of the best teasers ever made.

EDIT- Not having p;layed the games, I'm curious why Fall of Reach or ODST wouldn't be included? Do they not involve Master Chief?

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Okay, I'll say it: "Not muh Tomb Raider."

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    "Rise Of The Tomb Raider"? Oh geez. :p

Life likes this.
  13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm surprised CPR is here given that they had their own dedicated announcement thing a few days ago. But boy do I want to play Witcher 3.

Penguinator likes this.
  14. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Master Chief gets a cameo at the end of Reach (already in the cryo tube), but otherwise he isn't in there. ODST has no Spartans period...so this being the 'Master Chief' collection, it makes sense they wouldn't be included.

I liked the trailer personally...it was nice to see such a classic moment redone in modern graphics.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Feels like FOR would have been a nice inclusion as the point of origin for the series- I know the novels and original game use Reach as the initial jumping off point as such. But I can see why they wouldn't include it or something called "The Master Chief Collection"- though it comes across as "Well, why didn't they just call it "The Halo Collection" instead? :p

It was neat seeing that moment in modern graphics, especially being one of the few parts of Halo I'm extremely familiar with due to the aforementioned teaser trailer. But it didn't have the clever and badass "mission report" framing device or just the overall emotional impact. jot a bad trailer, just not one that remotely approaches it's legendary predecessors (Halo 3's were also quite excellent).

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    KAMIYA! [face_love]

Edit: This looks like MonHun from Platinum... and I love it!

17. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Reach and ODST could be DLC.

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Oh I agree on the fact it wasn't as good as older trailers. Like I mentioned though, H2 was my favorite game so I might be a bit biased when it comes to seeing a moment from it in modern graphics :p

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Inside- looks intriguing but just a little too vague as to the overall premise. Incredibly atmospheric, though.

EDIT- Oh, wow, Cuphead's old animation art style looks fantastic. That's a very originalchoice there.

20. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Crackdown, whaaaaa?

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Rise of the Tomb Raider- missed the reboot (then again, never really played much of the franchise beyond a bit of the original game or two). Looks like it was something of an Uncharted spin on the series, no? Presumably that approach continues here.

Witcher 3- Don't know much about the series but I like the hunting aspect, though I gather thats a new addition to this series for this entry. Gameplay seems to be a cross between AC and Arkham's combat and the latter's boss battles (here: monsters), with some RPG elements added in. I like the size of the world and the colors.

EDIT- Never heard of Phantom Dust, trailer doesn't really tell you much.

EDIT 2- The Division continues to look more impressive in it's initial looks than Watch Dogs ever did.

EDIT 3- Scalebound looks interesting but it all depends on the actual gameplay. The Willow-like troll dragon thing at the end was cool though.

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The Witcher games are proper ARPGs, actually; the gameplay is more like a cross between Dark Souls (In terms of preparation being key to your survival, wanting to keep encounter numbers low, etc.) and... well, Arkham, because there's a rhythm to it.

23. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    There is Burnie from Rooster Teeth on the IGN stream.

24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, hunting was a thing in the past two games. He is a Witcher, after all, his job is to hunt down monsters. This is the first massive open-world though, the others were more sandbox size.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - YES! I was worried that the tone would be lost once the adventuring Lara was introduced, but it looks to be keeping the darker, more vulnerable Lara.

Halo 2 Anniversary. Yeah, I'm buying an Xbox One now.

Yep, I'll have to take a little break from E3 tonight to watch Red vs. Blue. :p

Life likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Crackdown- I like the Tron visual aesthetic. The carnage is pretty big too. Never played the original though- wasn't that the one that fizzled with the hyped up cash prize or something?