main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Each Night *~* Vader Angst*~* First ever post!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Wife, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Wife

Jedi_Wife Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    Hi Everyone! I joined a while back and I must admit that yes, I have been a lurker. I decided today that I should post this though and de-lurk and become the functional member that I know I can be. Sorry, that was cheesy :) But anyways, this is my first attempt at any kind of Anakin/Vader sadness, etc. I hope that you like it.

Title: Each Night
    Summary: Vader Angst
    Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

Please enjoy! I hope that it is good, everybody on this site is such a good writer.

Each Night

Each night, closed inside the special chamber, he slid off the cool black helmet. Each night
    he closed his eyes, thinking evil thoughts, who to kill, where to finally smash the pathetic rebellion, etc., etc. Each night in his dreams he awoke to a different life. A life of the past. For each night the ocean of evil that flooded his mind and soul receded.
    And in his dream he awoke in his chamber back in the Temple, still twenty years old. He felt safe and warm as he sat up in the bed bathed in soft moonlight. He got up and slid on a soft cotton robe and walked across the hallway to Obi-Wan?s room. For some reason he just wanted to look at him. So he sat there beside his sleeping master, watching his chest rise and fall and his eyes moving ever so slightly behind the thin lids. He didn?t notice that he had wrapped his hand tightly around his master?s callused one. He did notice the warm tears sliding down his face. He wiped them away and ran from the room. He felt a suffocating sadness lean upon his chest. He left the Temple still in his nightclothes and climbed into his speeder. He took a deep breath before he pulled out into Coruscant?s bustling traffic. It was difficult finding a parking spot at the Senatorial Apartments. After he was finally inside, standing before her door, he began to feel better and when the door slid open and she stood there looking both confused and radiant, he had to smile. He stepped inside and his spirit was instantly wrapped in love. Her soft wavy hair, her dark eyes, the hint of her sweet perfume hanging in the air. He wanted nothing from her tonight, only her presence, to feel her here beside him. They curled up together and Padme rested her head over his softly beating heart. He ran his hand through her hair and smiled as they slowly slipped into sleep.
    Each night he dreamt this dream of visiting his Master and the love of his life. Each morning he awoke alone. Each morning he cried as the helmet, wrapping him in evil, clicked shut. And each day he regretted what he had done.

Well, there it was...I hope you liked it and please review! Remember this is my first try so please be kind :)

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Nice little story! You could make a whole series of these (hint, hint) providing insights into that fascinating man in black! ;)

Lovely!

3. JediAffairs

JediAffairs Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2005
    Very moving.

I think maybe that's how Anakin was in the beginning of his life as Vader. The good in him had to realize all he threw away. And the realization of Palpatine's lies, that had to bring it home all the more.

Nice job!

4. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    :_| Reminds me of that moment in ROTS when the helmet comes down, and Anakin's eyes go wide... I agree, more would be lovely! :D

5. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I think you did a nice job. I haven't ever written a fic but IMHO, I think that you have a bright future on the boards.

I do agree that it would be nice to have a series of these posts.

Keep it up.:)

6. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    ^ What they said! ^ :cool:

You packed quite a powerful punch in just a few words - which is always a good thing! If this is your first post - you're in the right place, my friend!

Good luck and MTFBWY for all your future writing!

7. Tweetie

Tweetie Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Goooood Job.

8. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    our favorite sith is having nightmares:eek: i agree,i need more

9. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes! We know what we're talking about and we need more!!!

10. Jedi_Wife

Jedi_Wife Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    Thank you very much to:
    VaderLVR64
    JediAffairs
    JadeSolo
    Amidala66
    JediMindTrick000
    Tweetie
    sithrules70
    HandmaidenVeme
    for your very kind reviews! They meant alot to me, especially since this is my first story. I didn't plan on continuing this, but since you guys liked it, I'm going to try to come up with some ideas. Again, thank you very much for reviewing.

11. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Love the Vader angst. Nicely done and congrats on posting. =D=

12. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Very eloquent. Hope to see more!

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.