main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Ebay idiots!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by karateyoda17, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Well I was talking to a few people on friday from the board, having fun and all and Dan and a few others could not get over that stupid customs make alot of money! Here is a prime example

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1749872801

This stinkin thing went for 30 some bucks and Jango didnt even have a drop of blood on him let alone this almost slasher film custom of him! I have actually seen a custom Padme without a shirt go for about 300 bucks. It was some funny stuff. Anyone else thinking of getting into the customizing buisness like me? After all, all I gotta do is make the most idiotic customs and people will pay for um! I also noticed this guy has got the same idea as the original man who made the nude padme figure that sold about 3 months ago. Look at his other auctions (yes it is censored :) )

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I can't believe that someone paid $38.01 for THAT ridiculous thing. Some people are just too stupid for words. As PT Barnum said -- There's a sucker born every minute.

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I'm going to make a Hellraiser version of Darth Maul so that he looks like Pinhead. Should get atleast 50 bucks for it ;)

4. karateyoda17

Jul 9, 2002
    There ya go Dan, sweeeeet! Pimp ET would make easily 150 ;), go for it!

5. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Ummm, no, pimp ET would NOT make any money. Rox still has the ET figure and we can't give him any ideas.

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Too late, your never getting it now. ;)

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Hmmm. Perhaps this could be a way to fund FanForce outings. Make a couple of twisted custom figures, put them on ebay, and we all go out Kennywood for the day courtesy of some idiot willing to pay big bucks for a $5 figure with some red paint on it.

8. karateyoda17

Jul 9, 2002
    CHRIS YOUR A GENIOUS! :), no wonder your a teacher! sweeet, *DAD go get the red paint, Nail and hammer*! Well guys I have a Qui Gon to kill, hope it makes about 50 bucks ;)

9. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    ::Cracks up::

Ohmygod... "Defeated Qui-Gon". I wonder how much THAT would get...

10. karateyoda17

Jul 9, 2002
    Had to bro, had to! ;) Oh some more sweeeeet money makers would be dead beru and owen! Just get a card bubble, borrow some ashes from your friendly neighborhood smoker ;), put um in the bubble and there ya have it, chared beru and owen....and heck put in Amanamans skeleton body packin too! Finally how would a dead obi wan look? Just get the Jedi robe from the EP1 accessory set, put it in a card bubble with obi's ANH saber and you have dead obi wan!

11. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    You guys are sick! J/K

I make custom figs, but not for sale.

Hmm, though the idea of some guy financing a trip for our club to go to Kennywood sounds promising.

12. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Hmmm. Dead Qui-Gon with a double bladed red saber sticking out of his chest and through to go out his back. . .

Perhaps a diarama (sp?), with a Darth Maul actually sticking the blade through Qui-Gon. Bet that would go for at least 75 or 100.

I am a sick and twisted person. (don't look so surprised that GC, the Qui-Gon fanatic, would come up with this one. Ever read any of my fics? [face_devil] )

Edit: Oh, just thought of custom bubble cards for your custom figures. Scan in real back board, use one of the photo programs to make the changes to the character name and info on the back, get a really good, high quality printer and print it out on thin cardboard. Use the plastic bubble cover from a real package. Tah dah. :D

13. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    So why not? We get a few people like Sal who are good at this sorta thing, make a few things, and see how long it takes some sucker (sorry, SUCKAAAAAA!) to buy them. VOILA! FF goes to Kennywood!

14. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
  15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    OMG! Too funny!

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    :D ha ha ha ha

That was just TOO funny!

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I need to get one and, ummm, let's just say use some of the pimp parts for my ET character.

18. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    OH my goodness.. (cracks up)

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    That was hilarious. I actually did LOL and people at work heard.

Very funny.

20. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Hey Fluke, I had an idea for getting pimp gear for your ET. Rather than try and make it, go check out the Barbie section of any store. I'm betting you can find a nice leopard skin print jacket and matching hat, with a nice feather boa. Barbie clothes (or generic 'fashion doll' clothes) can usually be had for under $10

21. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, I can see fluke going into TRU and asking....Um, yeah so I need to get some PIMP clothes for my ET figure, where's the Barbie section?

I'd pay money to see the faces of the workers.

22. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Now, if you want to talk about Ebay idiots then you have to take a look at this auction:
    Funny Auction

23. karateyoda17

Jul 9, 2002
    OMG..........OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.....I am literally crying tears of laughing joy. My got that has to be the unniest thing I have ever seen.

24. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I have a few friends I should buy that for. Not you, Max. ~_^

25. karateyoda17

Jul 9, 2002
    OMG....I cant stop laughing OMG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.