main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Embers of a Dying Age: The Sabe Mabriee Saga (sequel to Oath)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amidolee, Jun 29, 2000.

1. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    I echo the plea of readers everywhere by saying...

You're leaving it there?!?

2. QueenSkywalker

QueenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    You can't leave us there!
    It's a good thing Obi-wan can use the force to find her!

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
  4. Jedi_Senshi

Jedi_Senshi Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2000
    More story! More story! Please??

Ya know, I actually dislike the Obi-Wan/Sabé pairing as much as I dislike the love triangle. So why is it that this has become one of the fanfiction threads I must check compulsively? Why did I actually hunt down the "Moons of Iego" website so that I could read Oath in its entirety (since at that time Amidolee's own site did not have the entire story up)? Why am I actually rooting for Obi-Wan and Sabé? Why why why?

Amidolee's excellent writing, that's why!

So darn you, Amidolee, darn you to heck! ;-P

Oh, and post more story soon please! :)

5. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Good news. I'll get two more posts up at least. One short while I finish the long one.

Oath will be on my site completed sometime, it just takes so long to do a single page and I'm always interrupted.

The suns were beginning to set low over the horizon as Obi-Wan fed more juice to the engines. The Force hung almost listlessly on the lifeless planet. The tiny signature he had tracked had faded some hours ago, and he only had his instinct to follow him. The Daolin Crime Ring could rival Jabba the Hutt?s little enterprise, and he had hoped futilely
    That the two crime families would kill each other out. It was highly likely that they would continue in the direction of Mos Espa. Mos Eisley, the only other spaceport, was south of the Ring?s prime direction.

It worried him that Sabe?s presence in the Force had faded, causing his concentration altogether to waver between his fear and the unifying Force. It was a battle he had been juggling ever since he had nearly collided with little Luke and Biggs, muttered an excuse to Darklighter, and roared away from the astonished boys. Beru would take care of the loose ends, and teaching Luke would have to wait.

Next one's lengthy and good.

:-D Big grin that I sapped you into this little pairing!!!

6. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    please post it soon!!!!!!

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    The cool air of night swept over the desert, arousing Sabe from her slumber. She lifted her head weakly, confused and frightened. It took her several moments to realize the dark, empty sky had once been the burning torture she had endured only hours before. A stiff breeze blew over the flat land, whistling eerily as it wove between the passages and rocks. Shivering from the dropping temperatures, Sabe pulled her tunic tighter around her slender body, rubbing her forearms for circulation.

While the cool night was a relief from the sweltering heat of day, she new how dangerous deserts could be. She had heard tales of the creatures that prowled Tatooine at night, and she wasn?t particularly enthusiastic about personally meeting any.

She hunched closer to the rock, eyes scanning the shadows for signs of hungry predators on the hunt. Biting her lip, she tried thinking of happier moments of her short-remembered life. How desperately she wished for Obi-Wan?s politeness, his smile, and even his exasperated eye-roll. The past few nights he had been a constant comfort, something stable and pure. Although she hadn?t admitted it to herself, she had enjoyed their meditation sessions, even though they left her weakened and drained. Every time, he gently massaged her hand and somehow connected their minds. He hadn?t once showed her any hostility or sick desire, just a simple caring smile or gesture. She thought back on how she had begun to relax more, how she had almost lost her fear of him, how much she had regretted not following through. Now, it was too late. She would die here and that would be it.

Closing her eyes, she recalled little details she might have missed through his memories. She sank deeper inside herself, trying to conjure up the pattern of their meditation. A warm tingling swept over her and she could feel her shattered mind, the emptiness and artificial substitute. Moving away and wandering aimlessly, she forged her way through the vast plane of her mind. She had no destination, only wanting to keep warm and away from the dangers surrounding her. Obi-Wan said it was the Force that created all of these things, that connected them, that had taken her memory to save perhaps millions, that brought those little warnings and insights. It brought comfort, and that?s what she needed right now.

Then something flashed through her mind?s eye. Sabe reached out for it, slowing everything down. It was brief, but it sent a jolt of excitement and ecstasy through her. It was her. She was in pain and trapped, suffocating and losing hope. It wasn?t something Obi-Wan had fed her. Sabe released it, savoring the delicious flavor of her memory. Hers.

Another flash. Waking up in strange room, a hospital maybe. Obi-Wan standing there, gripping her hand, love, fear, desperation, and acceptance clouding his moist eyes. His lips moved soundlessly, and she felt her body shudder in memory.

Then it too faded away.

?No . . .? Sabe breathed, struggling to remain linked to whatever she had stumbled over. Her eyes snapped open and she looked around her, bathed in a cold sweat. The rock formations shined silver under the moon and stars. Chilled to the bone, she pressed even further against the rock. Her eyelids felt like heavy cotton and her head lulled to the side. Using the Force had drained all of her energy, and she found herself trying to weep, but unable to bring moisture from her body.

Time seemed to lapse. Frozen and numb, the high, distant whine of a speeder only served as a tease and illusion to her. It faded in the now soft breeze, reminding her that she was alone.

Moments later the sound grew louder and more consistent. She dismissed it as the raiders returning to finish her off. The whine grew louder and louder until she realized it was a different pitch than the gang speeders. Hope surged through her. If only she could draw the pilot?s attention! Adrenaline now pumping, Sabe pulled herself up the wall until she was standing on shaking legs. Gripping her blaster tig

8. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Excellent! Wonderful! The accolades go on and on and on...

9. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    oh, this is soooooo good!!!
    Sabé has flash backs!!! Yeepee!!!
    POST POST POST POST!!!!!!

10. QueenSkywalker

Jun 10, 2000
    YAY!!! Sabé finally remebers stuff!
    Amidolee, that was such excellent writing!

11. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    YES! She remembers! Thank you, Amidolee! Thank you, Force!! =D

More! Now *this* could be the good part...

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanx, Senator! Now I have a new vocab word to wow my class with ;-) accolades. Never heard that before and had to go look it up!

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    *sigh* Hello. I am the un-informed teenager of the household. I have no control over what happens and am never informed when something is going to happen.

Anyway, I would have one last post for before I disappear for the weekend, but we went to a movie (What Lie Beneath, don't go unless you're ready to be scared had have a new perspective of Han Solo *cough* Harrison). I have no clue when I will be back and when I'm leaving because it changes every five minutes.

But it *is* too late to finish my post and I'm going to re-think it, anyway.

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Too late? TOO LATE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Girl, it's midnight here! I just got on the computer, and I'm gonna stay on till all my posts for tonight are finished! Sometimes I dont' even go to be until 3 am cause I'm posting! So dont' tell me it's too late!!!!

15. QueenSkywalker

Jun 10, 2000
    I'm also an uninformed teenager...just before I went to volleyball practice today, mom says, "Oh, bye the way, we're going on a trip this weekend."
    I was looking forward to enjoying the last few days of my summer, but I guess that's not going to happen now. *sigh*
    Anyways, don't be gone too long, the story is starting to get very interesting!

16. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    This is so cute! I love it!
    Post soon, post soon!
    May the Force be with you!

17. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Adults can be bad about keeping others uniformed. Most of the time we are clueless about what we are going to do until we make an abrupt decision. Anyone under our influence suffers. My husband and I have no idea what we are going to do this weekend. We'll decide on the spur of the moment. If we had kids, I would feel sorry for them!

Glad to have given you a new word, Amidolee.

Have a safe trip! Looking forward to your next post!

18. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Oh, too bad. We'll miss you and the story! I hate being the uninformed teenager....though it seems to be my life career sometimes... =P

I like long words. =D I learned lots of them in vocab last year (and reading books)...now I can confuse people I don't like and make them feel "lacking in intelligence"...::snort:: Just joking. I don't do that to people. Sometimes would like to, though. =P

Have a fun trip! The unplanned-for ones often turn out the best, after all. =D

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Wow. this is a first. i come here and there's no post!

20. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Upsies for this thread! Come back soon, Amidolee!

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Back from the pageant!!! *sigh* I don't know how my cousin does it. She's in the finals at the Jr. Teen Iowa thingy and she goes 4 days straight with constant competitions and rehearsals. I got sick last night and feel lousay (yes, again! i think I'm allergic to school or something, and beauty pageants). I was exhausted from just watching and being the go-fer girl.

Anyway, there will be a post for sure tomorrow.

22. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Welcome back, Amidolee! Hope you feel better! =)

I don't like seeing this thread off the first few pages. So I have to bring it up...I was going to anyways even before you posted...

SO. Post soon! Whenever you can and feel better, anyhoo!

23. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
  24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm working on it!!! Almost done!

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Drip.

Drip.

BOOM!

With a shriek of surprise, Sabe startled from her slumber. Her pulse raced and she looked around the gray light of the room, confused and breathing heavily. A flash of light, than another resounding thunder clap. There was a short pause, then a hissing roar deafened her. //It?s just a thunderstorm. You?re use to them//

She paused, rethinking her last trace of thought as the room lit up again. Was she used to thunderstorms? A smile crossed her face. She hoped she was. Then she frowned. Tatooine rarely had precipitation, and when it did, there wasn?t much of it. Curious, she swung her legs to the floor and pushed the dark cloth away from the window.

The sky was darkening from the setting suns. Dark clouds chased it, grumbling and flashing. The hard ground was sprinkled with rain drops, speckling the yellow terrain. After a moment, she turned away and looked around the bedroom. Obi-Wan must have brought her in. Had she slept all day?

?I?m beginning to be lazy,? Sabe mumbled to herself as she dug around for the large tunic Obi-Wan had lent her as a nightgown. It only went halfway down her thighs, but she couldn?t stand another moment in the dusty tunic and skirt. A shower would be a necessity and pleasure.

The hut was empty. She showered and changed into the large tunic, giving the sandy garments a cursory glance. Toweling off her long hair, she debated whether she could simply shave it all off. Laughing to herself, she untangled the mass and stepped out of the refresher. The hut was still dark and empty.

?Where did he go?? Sabe wondered to herself. The sky was growing worse, and the last thing she wanted to do was find Obi-Wan struck by a bolt of lightning somewhere. ?Listen to me! I?m worrying over him!? She fell silent and stared out the tiny hole of a window. She pursed her lips together in concern. Even if she couldn?t remember him or his habits, she was beginning to get a feel for how this Obi-Wan Kenobi worked, and how frustrating he could be. And how charming, polite, and wonderful he was.

Swallowing the lump forming in her throat, she dug out some of the dried fruit he had purchased in Anchorhead and feasted, pacing and constantly peering out into the turbulent evening.

Soft footsteps brought her instantly to the door. A drenched Obi-Wan entered, breathing a little heavily. ?Where on all of this backwater planet have you been?? Sabe demanded, the concern drawing her voice higher than intended.

He almost smiled at her worried eyes. ?A Tusken?s bantha gave birth and was having troubles.? An sheepish look appeared in his eyes and he cleared his throat. ?When did you get up??

?A little bit ago,? Sabe said, giving him a critical eye. ?You look like a drowned wromp rat.?

?Why thank you,? Obi-Wan said wryly, shedding his soaked robe and hanging it on the wall.

?Your welcome,? she replied in a teasing tone. Then she blushed and ducked her eyes. ?Um, I?ll get you some dry clothes.? She returned from the bedroom with dry pants and a tunic. Obi-Wan accepted them and shed his tunic, revealing the bacta pack. Sabe gasped. ?What?s this??

?A scratch,? Obi-Wan shrugged. ?I?ve had worse.?

?Let me see it,? Sabe said, bottom lip pinched under her teeth as she studied the bandage. She gently peeled the pack away, frowning at the fresh scar. Brushing the wound lightly with her fingertips, she heard Obi-Wan?s breath intake. ?I?m sorry, did that hurt??

?No,? Obi-Wan smiled. ?It tickled.?

?Oh,? Sabe said sheepishly, dropping her eyes again.

Another flash of lightning brought their attention away from one another. Sabe turned around as Obi-Wan finished changing. ?Quite a storm, huh?? she said nonchalantly.

?Should make the moisture farmers happy.?

?Owen? Yes, I imagine it would.?

With a chuckle, Obi-Wan moved off to the small food units. She joined him, plopping down on the stool and propping her knee up as she stole a piece of fruit from him. One eyebrow raised at her, and she gave him a playful