main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Emergency Contact ~ L/M - One-shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Aug 24, 2014.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Emergency Contact
    Author: Briannakin
    Timeframe: A few months post Union
    Characters: Luke, Mara
    Genre: Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Fluff
    Notes: I found this unfinished the other night when I was going through some old/unfinished fics, so I decided to finish it.

Mara never fidgeted. She had also never waited in sterile med-centre waiting room or canceled a trade run because of family. Yet here she was, doing all three in the same week.

Two days ago she had gotten a flash of pain from Luke. He had been evacuating a village on the forest moon of Endor, which was being threatened by a wild fire, when one of the shelters caught fire. Luke had run into it to save three Ewoks when a burning beam had fallen on him. Corran had rescued him.

Mara made Mirax drop her off at the nearest New Republic outpost. She had rented a ship and headed straight for Corellia, where the other Jedi had taken Luke.

Now she was here, waiting to see him.

An elderly human nurse in a white uniform eventually came out to see her. “Mrs. Skywalker, I presume?”

Mara nodded. “Yes, how is he?”

“I’m sorry. I can’t inform you of his condition.”

Mara’s eyes grew in shock and rage. “Why not? I’m his wife!”

“I know, I saw the wedding,” the nurse said calmly. “But it appears that your husband didn’t update his medical records. His emergency contact and health care representative his are still his sister and brother-in-law. And, I’m sorry, but his discloser agreement and allowed visitation log do not list you. I’m sorry, but I can’t update you or let you see him without breaking the law.”

Mara slumped in her chair. It was useless to fight. Because of his fame, Luke had documents preventing just anyone walking in on him when he was ill. “That moron. I told him to update his records, and he assured me he was on it.” She had updated all her own medical records and last testament a week after she had married Luke. His name had taken the place of Talon Karrde’s on all the forms and Leia had become the back-up name.

She once again thanked her stars that Corran had been with Luke. Corran had been the one to contact her after he had saved Luke. Unfortunately, Corran had stayed on Endor.

“All our efforts to contact his sister and her husband have turned up empty.”

Mara placed her head in her hands. “That’s because they are on vacation and out of reach.” If she really had to contact them, she had Leia’s emergency code, but Mara really did not want to disturb them if it wasn’t a huge emergency – yet she had no idea if this was an emergency.

“I’ll tell you what we are going to do,” the nurse said. “We are going to wait until he wakes up. When he does, he will be mentally coherent enough to make his own medical decisions.” Mara picked up on her subtle hints – Luke was fine, even expected to wake up and there was no severe brain damage.

The nurse then got up. “And then I’ll just ask him if he wants his wife to tear a strip off him.”

The first thing Luke noticed when he regained consciousness was the sickly sweet taste of bacta on his tongue. The second thing he noticed was Mara’s presence, somewhere close, worried and annoyed.

He opened his eyes to see that he was in a medcenter bed. Select areas of his body were wrapped in burn bandages, but he was all intact.

He managed to push a red call button and eventually an elderly nurse came in. “Finally awake I see, Master Skywalker. I’m nurse Kyrim. You have several bad burns on your body, five broken ribs – a couple more are fractured – a broken collar bone and a broken left arm.”

Luke worked his jaw. “Is my wife here?” he asked feebly.

“She is, but you have yet to update your medical records. She isn’t one of your emergency contacts, nor is she on your allowed visitors log.”

“Kriff,” he murmured. “She’s going to kill me. Can you let her in if you have my verbal permission?”

“I can.”

“Thanks. Can you also bring in a lawyer? I think I had better amend my will, emergency contacts, health care directives and visitors log.”

The nurse nodded. “That can be arranged. Shall I send Mara in right away?”

“Yes, please.”

The nurse left and Luke adjusted the bed so he was practically sitting up. He leaned back into the pillow as he heard the door opened again. It was Mara. She was wearing black pants and a green shirt. Her hair was pulled back. She looked pissed. She plunked down in a hard chair by the door.

“Mara,” he said, trying to sound as weak as possible.

“What?” she grunted. “I honestly don’t even know why you asked to have me in here. It’s obvious you don’t want me in charge of your medical care, let alone notified if something happens to you.”

“Mara, I am so sorry. I was honestly going to update all my documents but then Nawara Ven went on vacation and I went on this mission…. I want you in charge of everything involving me. I’m sorry. I have a lawyer coming in now so we can change everything.”

She looked away and didn’t say anything.

Luke sneaked his hand under his robe and found the heart monitor electrode. “Mara, I guess I deserve this, but I’m sorry.” After she refused to reply again, he let his body go limp. His head lolled to the side. “I love you,” he whispered as he pulled the wire connected to the electrode. Machines started beeping loudly.

“Luke?” Mara rushed to his side and head his head in her hands.

He swiftly reconnected the wire and the alarms stopped. He began to laugh. “I guess I know how make you do what I want.”

She slapped him across the face. “Don’t do that ever again!” He noticed tears in her eyes.

He grabbed her hands, using both his fine and his casted hand. “I deserved that too. But I made a mistake and I’m so sorry you had to suffer because of it. But I just want a kiss from my wife and for her to verbally abuse me as I hold her.”

“Fine,” she muttered. She slowly kissed him on the lips then laid at his side. “I’m still pissed at you.”

“I’m sure you will get your revenge,” he said, cupping her cheek and stealing another kiss.

Their intimacy was interrupted by the lawyer showing up.

Luke ensured that Mara was his first emergency contact, the first name on his visitors log, his sole heir on his will, the sole beneficiary of his life insurance policy, and the first name on his health care directory; he also ensured that if he ever could not make health decisions, whatever Mara wanted was what doctors had to do. By the time the lawyer left, Luke was exhausted.

Mara held Luke’s hand as she set the bed back. “Are you still mad at me?”

“I’m trying to be, but you are rather cute when you’re being pathetic.” She kissed him. “Plus you went through all that to rectify your mistake. I can’t be mad at you for willingly sitting through a lawyer blabber on.”

“Thanks, I think.”

“Now, about this whole health care directory, I know you left all decisions to me, but -.”

A finger made her shut up. “I don’t plan on you having to make decisions for me anytime soon. But when and if you do, I want you to do what you think is best for me. I’m a fighter and I will fight to be with you, but if you don’t want to see me suffer any more, please talk with Leia, Han and any kids we might have before letting me go.”

Mara nodded. “Now. I think it’s time for you to rest.”

“You’ll stay, right?”

“Of course.”

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Briannakin - here's to finding unfinished stuff [face_party] :cool:

Snarky and touching and very slice of life. Happy the nurse was so accommodating.

Luke knows how to get a reaction from Mara and we love him for it. ^:)^

[:D]

Gemma likes this.
  3. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Lovely! It's just like Luke to forget to update his contact info and very cute scene between them making up.

4. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    ROTFLsnort. There's still a Sith Lord around - it's called Darth Real Life. [face_laugh] It's adorbs, Bri.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    You found a treasure. Glad you finished it. =D=

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Funny and touching piece. Glad you put it here to read

7. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This was really a good one. I surely didn't see Luke being sneaky with that wire though. He deserved that slap. I thought it was cute later when he asked her if she was still mad at him. Very nice!

8. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Glad to know in the GFFA that common sense gets over-ridden by the law too. Very enjoyable!

9. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So cute :)

[face_love]

Nyota's Heart likes this.