main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Enough with the bad, tell about the GOOD things that happened at C3

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Kyle Katarn, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    My bad, didn't notice the other topic. Locking thread.

I'm sick of all the, er, "mother dogging" about C3. It's proof that some people will complain about anything and everything they come across. But we'll disregard that here. Instead, we'll discuss the GOOD things that happened to us at C3. If you have a beef about C3, there's a whole other thread for it, just keep it out of this one.

I'll start it off with a few things I recall

- Rooming with 2 501st members. These guys were NUTS about their stormtrooper costumes and were up until 5am on Thursday morning working on their costumes with Dremel tools, clamps, handheld riveting tools, superglue, epoxy, etc. These guys were hardcore and they took great pride in entertaining other fans with their gear. These guys were, by and large, one of the brightest points of the show for me and always brought smiles to us when a non fan would stumble across them and walk away with an incredulous look while we went back to our room.

- Surviving the line at the Kamino, er, Downtown Hyatt in the pouring rain to see Lucas. I got in line at 2am and waited for hours while wearing several layers to keep warm. I had the fortune of staying at the Hyatt and being right by the back entrance, so I setup a system with my fellow survivors where they would hold my place in line while I'd take the place of others so they could use my spare keycard to get in and warm up. At least 30 people took up my offer and took 15 minute warm up breaks in the lobby before having to go in myself.

- The store line. Yes, it was a long wait and my legs felt like they were about to fall out from under me, but while I was there, I came across a young lady in the next tier of the line with a sharpie pen and a sheet of paper. She asked me to sign it for her friend who couldn't come. She said her friend wanted just fan signitures and not the actors' signitures as, in her opinion, C3 was just about the fans. I thought about it for a moment and then gladly signed it while going back several spots in line for my Vader figures.

- The One Man Trilogy. This guy needs an OK from Lucas to sell his act on DVD, he'd be a millionaire overnight.

Now it's your turn, what made C3 fun and special for you?

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I'll tell you one thing. The Absolutely gorgeous Slave Leia ( with husband I guess, Han ) that made EVERYONE stop dead in there track's to take a picture.I seen her at C2 and was praying she would be there at C3. And that I got to spend 3 days with 6 of my dearest friends.
    Did I mention the mesmerizing lady dressed as Slave Leia?

E-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.