main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Ep.3 Adelaide events.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by evil-incarnate, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Oops sorry SP - I was at work and rushed the post. Combined with a cold and a medium sized hangover (who has parties on a Wednesday night anyway?!) I thought I'd typed your name in!

I'll be the shortest one here anyway :)

2. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    lol, it's okay. Hangover, in the middle of the week?? wow.

How tall are you? I'm 5 foot 4.

3. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Just on the short thing ... here, here to ya starfire and N-V.

What's 5'4" in cms?? hee hee I think I'm about that actually. So I'm a big barracker for the 'shorties'!!

4. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    I'm 5'3 and three quarters.
    164 cm I think.

short.

and I don't care.

:)

5. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    I'm shorter than that!! I'm gonna check. *bows head and walks away* :(

6. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    don't feel bad, Toddi......

we'll still like you..... :)

we're not shortist. :D

7. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Yep, just checked. I'm shorter, and probably the shortest here ... :( ... it's not fair ... I'm heading to Yoda's height fast ... :_|!!

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Hang on, I'm 5'1.5" (around 152cm) so I beg to differ!!

9. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    actually, having thought on it for a while....

I think I meant 'heightest'. As in, we don't judge people by their height.

I mean, look at Yoda. He was short, but incredibly, incredibly wise and revered.

As was Palpatine.

Short I mean. He wasn't so wise nor revered.

Anyway, does size really matter?
    :D

10. Brun-Farron

Brun-Farron Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    Interesting.......a topic that becomes a competition as to who is the shortest.....

....and some call ME weird :D

Back to the topic.....

Yes, i would be keen indeed (along with others i know) to attend the midnight session! though i'd leave the Charity event for another time (maybe a future Triple Showing event).
    As i understand it, the reason that there are no tickets left for the 19th, or most of the weekend, is that many screens are already booked by all the big fundraisers.

Oh, and there is only the MIDNIGHT session on the 18th....none exist prior to that time, other than a media preveiw for the critics... so i say we give this most enigmatic Fox all our support, as he risks loosing a lot of money should tickets not sell!

Taking anual leave to see the movie (at LEAST three times a day) is by no means over doing it...

.....some dude in the USA started camping out in front of the Chineese Movie Theatre around TWO WEEKS ago!

THATS DEDICATION!

So who here will be up for costuming, at 12 midnight on the 18th of May?

11. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    yes, costuming will be done. Of course!! :D

I dunno about camping out already! I guess seeing it at the Chinese Movie theatre would be the event of a lifetime. Does he get paid by GL to do that? It's great publicity!! :)

I'm with Brun on this one.....and yes, it seems that his theory is correct. At least, that's what I got from the email that was sent to me.

12. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Costume = you betcha! I wouldn't miss this for anything :D

13. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Okee - as long as others are fine with not doing a charity thing for this, I'm more than happy just to do the midnight session. That will give us time to get ready after work, grab a meal (maybe a big group sesh at Marion, although some find Spargo a tad expensive), maybe grab a bevvy or two at Shenanigans or NY Bar and Grill or maybe a game or two of pool in.

I could have got more people to a 6pm session but midnight is fine. Going from previous experience, I'd say at least 20 people from my mob will attend. Could possibly double that. If we're all agreed on the time and location and maybe save the charity thing for later (or maybe do some fundrasey stuff for this one) I'll let people know and move full steam ahead.

Any chance to get a bigger cinema than 100? I'm serious. Fox - I could help out cash wise - I've done it before for the previous film.

14. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    I have a least a few definites for midnight so far, and am working on getting more.

For those of us here in Adelaide, do we want to organise to go again as a group in costume on the Thursday, Friday or Saturday nights??? I can get more people to come along to those too :D

15. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I think, considering it's costing so much to hire one cinema for one session, we might just go with the flow for the Thursday - as in buy individual or group of 10 tickets maybe....they won't be on sale 'til really close to the date - or so the manager at Greater Union said.

Fox and I will be in Melbourne from Friday morning - so don't count us in for the Friday, Saturday or Sunday.....sorry. :D

16. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm still keen as for the Wednesday midnight thing. Loadsa people in getup, full on party atmosphere. It's the last one guys, let's make it big!

100 person cinema no worries. I'll pony up cash for this too if need be. I can pretty much guarantee 20 of those will go if I investigate and prod friends now. I'd be great if all the 'real fans' (whatever that means) could be together in the cinema for this one.

17. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    I have a few now who are interested in coming. They didn't even bulk when I told them that they have to come up with the cash to secure a ticket asap....!

If anyone does have contact with any charity organisations, why not get onto them and ask about getting tickets to attend? I think that's what happened last time - I actually didn't make all the phone calls, I can't remember who did all that! But yeah....just suggest that a few people might be interested in coming along in SW costumes and would we be able to get tickets? Unfortunately, I don't know anyone affiliated with any charities, so yeah.

Hey, btw.....has anybody else realised that we get to see it before the US? woohoo!! (time zones, etc). We could sms those in the states and really tease them!!

Just a suggestion......

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm turning my mobile off..... :p

19. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    we still get to see it before you! :p

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Eh, I get to meet Ray Park, Carrie Fisher, David Prowse, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew...and others.. :p

21. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    I see your 'I get to meet' and raise you.....

we get to see it first, then fox and I fly to Melbourne to see it again with even more SW fans, and meet authors and others (god, my memory is shot!) and then fly home, to begin all over again probably!

I saw Peter Mayhew in Adelaide last time he was here wandering around near Academy Cinemas...I couldn't get over the fact that he was just walking around like any other person!

Should be fun though, Adalia - a chance of a lifetime. Have fun! :D

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I am hoping I will have the time of my life. I have several friends meeting me at the airport and they are coming from all over the US to be there. It's going to be the most amazing week of my life. One night they are taking me to dinner at a Medival Show with Jousting, broadblade battles and all! It's quite spectacular. Only 8 more weeks. I got my passport yesterday and will be booking my accomodation this week. My flights are booked and paid for so now it's just the 'waiting'....

23. TROOPER_WANNABE

TROOPER_WANNABE Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
    When Winter saw Peter Mayhew, Shane "Fett" and I got all costumed up for both him and David Prowse.

Peter actually said to me "Aren't you a Little Short for a Stormtrooper ?" That day ruled I tells ya.

Peter Mayhew - He did it all for the Wookie

24. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Okay . .. becaue i am REALLY slow today. . .

What EXACTUALLY is going to happen??

25. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Well, first, we're going to teach you how to spell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.