main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 7 Plot Detail(?) from BadAss Digest: UPDATED - "the lightsaber". Talk to the hand, hand!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by UK Sullustian, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    The rumors sound okay expect plageious a dun Han/Leia dying early on.

2. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    I dont know why anyone would think MVS being Plagueis would be a bad idea. the emporer all those years playing everyone, but of course, the bigger fish Plagueis is really playing even more people and using palps as a pawn. its freakin genius. the opposite though, more for our times would be a fractured enemy that instead of one bad guy is loaded with a bunch of bad guys.

Bob Octa and Dra--- like this.
  3. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

I don't think Plagueis, if used, necessarily needs to be depicted as a puppet master for the duration of the previous trilogies. He could have just let things run their course. No need to rush if you've discovered the secret to immortality and everyone thinks you're dead. The galaxy is now in a state of devastation and on the brink of chaos. No Jedi order. No Sith. Blank canvas. Hey look- Luke Skywalker has come out of hiding! ...he has a niece & nephew. Hmm... what to do? What. To. Do?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dra--- likes this.
  4. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001

totally agree, it can be done without a rehash of the palpatine thing that was done for 1-6, totally agree but it does make sense that there is always a bigger boss. even in real life. like does anyone really think the president doesnt have a boss? it just keeps going

Dra--- likes this.
  5. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

When an employee attempts to murder you, you fire their punk ass.

As other posters have mentioned, in essence Plagueis could have just taken a hiatus as he figured out a way to re-manifest himself in the physical realm, meanwhile allowing Palpatine to do the dirty work of destroying the Jedi order and Old Republic. Perhaps he was manipulating Vader in a way, though. That would make for an interesting back story.

6. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I Like that, and the Rule of Two was created to throw off the Jedi! Which seemed to have worked flawlessly.

7. EntechednReformatted

EntechednReformatted Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2009
    I have one major problem with the idea of Plagueis still being alive (as opposed to a ghost). It would imply that Sidious, knowing full well Plagueis' command of midiclorians and power to cheat death, finally had a perhaps once in a lifetime chance to kill Plagueis in his sleep ... and half-@$$ed it. If you're Sidious, and you have a chance to kill THAT guy, you don't just hold a pillow over his face until he stops squirming and creep away. You go full Van Helsing: lightsaber through the heart, cut off the head, burn the body, and scatter the ashes across 12 star systems.

Can you seriously imagine Palpatine thinking "I wonder if he's really dead. Yeah, he's probably dead. It should be fine"? Because I can't.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So according to MSW the planet with the rebel base (filmed at Greenham Commons) is the same planet with the castle where we've assumed the cyborg resides. But why would the villain have a base on the same planet that the heroes have one? If they're the same planet (and I think they are since they look a lot alike) then I think we've been wrong in assuming the castle is the baddies hideout. I think it's more likely that the castle is the rebel/alliance base and the throne room where the villain or whoever it is sitting on the throne is a different planet altogether.

starocean90 and Njfritz like this.
  9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    found this on the cantina
    question:
    does this mean the Greeham Common is in the hands of the villains?
    and Making's answer
    Maybe the Rebels set up at the Rebel Base and Luke moves to the castle as he becomes more secluded and private? We do know the base is attacked.
    http://thecantina.starwars7news.com...-nyongos-role-in-the-force-awakens.110/page-6

TheBBP likes this.
  10. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Don`t you people think that this thread has been off topic the last 15 pages or so? :D

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The way he died in ROTJ, I really don't think Palpatine can look any worse.

12. star wars geek

star wars geek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 20, 2014
    This is my new prediction of the plot of The Force Awakens...

My prediction is Luke is the Grave Digger. He's gone a bit crazy due to living as a hermit. He spends his time wearing a mask and searching for Imperial artifacts. He's the last Jedi alive. He is found by the two new heroes (Han/Leia's daughter and a rogue Stormtrooper ) and is asked to help them in their battle against the next generation of the Sith - the Inquisitors. They are in league with a few surviving Imperial Generals that escaped capture after the fall of the Empire.

Rumor has spread throughout the new Republic of a new space weapon in development. The New Republic wants Luke back and recruiting a new Jedi order so they can defeat this new threat.

Meanwhile... Han's son is blessed with high levels of the force. Due to his parent's marriage failing he's become a bit of a lost soul, trying to find purpose to his life. He becomes an officer in the Republic army. Following a small battle with some pro-Sith criminals, Han's son is captured or brainwashed or recruited by the Inquisitors. They see huge potential in him. He is turned to the Dark Side. He leads the attack on the new Republic. He wants to destroy Luke and the new Jedi Order.

Luke's slight madness is overcome and he agrees to help the Republic. A new Jedi Order is created although the new Jedi are very inexperienced. They're not full Jedi Masters. The Inquisitors secondary mission is to wipe out the new Jedi Order.

Han Solo dies in the final battle when the Republic army try to destroy the space weapon. He is killed by his son or by orders given by his son. Leia is heart broken and swears to avenge his death even if that means taking the life of her own son. Leia's daughter believes she can still persuade her brother to turn back to the good side of the force.

It is revealed the Inquisitors are led by the 'Arch Sith' - played by Max Von Sydow. He is the most ancient of all Sith. He was in deep sleep or suspended animation many aeons ago but has returned to wreak revenge on the Jedi Order and New Republic.

The Force Awakens refers to the arch Sith's return.

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Nostradamus is in the house. For the hundredth time this week.

14. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Sorry if this was mentioned in the past of this thread. I just reviewed that MSW image again, where the found lightsaber is ignited and it has a blue blade. If this concept art is true, it would indeed be Luke's ESB saber and I have just noticed that this would indeed make sense. Remember that Luke's ESB saber is in truly Anakin's lightsaber and our Sith collector searches for Sith and especially Vader artifacts, so it only makes sense that he would want that particular saber. Who knows, Vader might have reclaimed it after losing Luke on Bespin...

15. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Vohnkar, Seeher and jedinightwing like this.
  16. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Well, it sounds more plausible then anything else I have heard lately.

17. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    It all sounds like a decent plot device to me that they are searching for this artifact, I like it. But I've said before that the key for it to work is how it is found and how it came to be retrieved. If its Anakins/Lukes lightsabre, then we all know it fell down the shaft on cloud city, so right now it seems implausible to me that they went down the shaft to find it.

18. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

Vader's severed robot hand + lightsaber? Hopefully not falling out of space but simply in the possession of the villagers under attack. It ties into the whole "Vader's remains", "Vader's helmet" idea. They're fighting over pieces of Darth Vader.

The Empire is there to retrieve it, the Rebels there to stop them. Rebel pilot Oscar Isaac is captured and imprisoned. Boyega objects to the burning of the village and is imprisoned as well. They share a cell together and become friends. Daisy (whom I still believe to be a Solo), Han and Chewie come to rescue Oscar from the brig. Daisy breaks both of them out, and they all escape on the Millennium Falcon. The adventure begins.

I like it.

19. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Sounds better for sure....

UKS

20. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    This lightsaber is the Spear of Destiny?

Shadojoker likes this.
  21. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    The rumors have always been about Luke's lightsaber, either the ANH one or the ROTJ one.

starocean90 likes this.
  22. star wars geek

star wars geek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 20, 2014
    My gut feeling:

The first act of EP 7 will feature the reintroduction of the Empire - possibly explained via the text crawl. We see the remnants of the Empire, a tie-fighter squadron, operating close to the new Republic or whatever it's called. They might attack a Republic base or land on a location and attack the locals. John Boyega's character rebels against the Empire, ends up on Tatooine, meets Kira, they find Luke's old lightsaber, they meet Sydow's character. An old Imperial Walker is used as Kira or Sydow's dwelling. Later on, they go in search of Luke.

I think something like that will happen. I reckon the rumors about that are correct. Just my gut feeling.

23. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    The lightsabre never went away. That was Jason's speculation, no-one else's.;)

The key plot point that Skywalker 75 told me about is to do with the lightsabre. That's how I knew it was still in the story. That's the key plot point I don't have permission to share alas... :)

starocean90 likes this.
  24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

If that wasn't the plot it would still make a good story for the new canonized EU.

25. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    and given the GMA exclusive it seems more likely to be Luke's blue lightsaber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.