main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII Box Office Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Joe, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    100 million is guarenteed mon-thur

so i dont see how it doesnt make a 100 this weekend.

2. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    It's crazy that a lot of years don't even have a $400M grosser or not much over that and TFA was there in 8 days lol.

Darth_Menace and raefinnpoe like this.
  3. Argalin

Argalin Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    So about the whole idea that we shouldn't really care about the box office numbers on this film...

Let me give a comparison I feel like I constantly need to give to others to help them understand their hypocrisy. I have watched people time and time again who sit with their friends discussing statistics and player drafts for their favorite teams and sports then turn around and make fun of someone for being into a certain film franchise or video game.

Rooting for your sports team IS NO DIFFERENT than rooting for your favorite films at the box office.

Everyone enjoys living vicariously through the success of others, even successful people. :)

4. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015

Thats all fine and good, great even however your comments regarding repeat viewings on ANH were surprising to say the least hence why I questioned you on it. Now I know that you weren't born at the time it becomes much clearer.

5. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    And the guy who did FF 3-6 is directing Star Trek Beyond.

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Agreed. In the 1980's and 90's I was an avid follower of the music charts. The year end survey shows were like the Superbowl to me. For about 10 years I was an avid follower of the show Survivor and the finales were always like the Superbowl to me. There are indeed a LOT of avid sports followers which is absolutely great (as I was for the Red Sox in the late 70's and early 80's then the Mets in the middle 80's before I just stopped caring anymore). But some do instinctively look at those who follow other things as being "weird". Let's face it, we're ALL weird no matter what we follow.

But as far as where TFA ends up this week or next week or weeks after, it's all just kibbles and bits at this point. It's going WAY past what a vast majority of us thought was EVER possible (except for Forceuser and Bowen and a couple of others who completely nailed it). And it is like the home team getting to the superbowl and blowing out the runner up 40-0 or something like that.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  7. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    and im a new england patriots fan so i truly know the power of the darkside!

8. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Your own team, your own band, your own movie. It's all the same and it's all good!

raefinnpoe likes this.
  9. PPZVGOS

PPZVGOS Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    The Legions of Lettow

Damn, you have just reminded me of that atrocious trailer for Star Trek Beyond! Huge fan of both JJ Star Trek movies. I have almost zero hope for the upcoming one though. But how I wish I turn out wrong! To be honest, I was not that positive over TFA in recent months. Once I saw it though! I immediately knew that the saga would be fully revived!

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  10. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    You like the Celtics? My Lakers beat them today (their 6th victory in 33 games)! :D :p

11. PPZVGOS

PPZVGOS Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015

Yup, I have been obsessed throughout my life with movies, bands, football teams, F1 drivers, tennis players and even to some extent golfers.

Not kidding.

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  12. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Well, JJ is still producer of STB. And Simon Pegg co-wrote it. The director is supposed to be good when he has a good script and he started out well as an indie director.

PPZVGOS likes this.
  13. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    PPZVGOS likes this.
  14. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    the loss was nearly as disgusting as our fans bowing down to kobe ;)

Import_Jedi likes this.
  15. Darth_Menace

Darth_Menace Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2002
    Ummmm...go leafs go! Worst team in the league and rebuilding since 1967!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

16. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    would it be too much to hope that nimoy did one last cameo before he died?

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  17. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Could TFA do $1 billion domestic ! that's insane ^:)^

18. Darth_Menace

May 11, 2002
    I am uneducated compared to most here but I am guessing it won't happen. That is me being jaded from the PT shortcomings though.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Interesting note: I saw a TFA screening on Friday the 18th, my third, the only 2d show at my theatre is daily at 6:45, all other shows are 3d, it was busy but not sold out. Just went again tonight to the same 2d show at 6:45 on the 30th, my 4th full viewing, and it honestly looked busier & harder to find seats & we got there earlier than on the 18th!

20. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

Or are you jaded because Mara Jade is no longer part of the SW canon?

*Runs away*

21. Darth_Menace

May 11, 2002
    Maybe less screens?

22. Darth_Menace

May 11, 2002
    Nope, I don't know the EU books (have read Chrystal of the minds eye only) so I don't know the books. I do have one of the super royal guard action figures though :)

Import_Jedi likes this.
  23. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    same amount of screens this week as the first week.

Darth_Menace likes this.
  24. Darth_Menace

May 11, 2002
    I do know that in EU, han and Leia had twins, Luke started a Jedi academy and Chewy (aka Crunchy in the thumb wars) is dead and Yogurt (spaceballs) sounds like Mel Brooks

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    True that, I think they lost a screen with last weekend. Saw The Big Short there Sunday night (& then I snuck into TFA 11 pm showing for five minutes after it was over at 12:15ish, there was a kind of sum crummy side \ front seats open so I caught some Rey v Kylo psychic battle & Rey mindtricking Stormtrooper, sort of a short film version

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.