main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Event] Renfest 2004

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Umm...well...uhhhh...

2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss?

3. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    sadness. i am having no luck finding a Kilt to wear. although i press on.only a few more places to look.

and the tiki idea is really good. I just need to tan up. el diablo blanco about somes up my paleness. and for sures a body shave [face_blush] [face_sick]. Yuck i know, but i can't fight genetics. well maybe zac. I could fight him.

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    oh, and this weekend ppl might want to bring a coat. weather for larkspur its looking to be 62 with scattered storms. like most of the state.

5. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Perhaps the fascination comes with one of the many curses of being an artist. Artists are driven -- some consciously, some subconsciously -- to enhance, alter, and manipulate everything everything they touch into a form more appreciated, useful, or simply more appealing to oneself, or society as a whole. While the female form is one of the most perfect designs found in nature, ages have passed since the female form has been viewed as art by mainstream society. Those few that are artists wait longingly for the time when beauty is appreciated yet again -- when their creations, the creations of others, and especially those of nature are noticed and appreciated as something other than mere scenery. In regards to painting the female body, one does not simply throw paint upon it in a thoughtless, haphazard way -- one must appreciate and notice every subtle curve, every imperfection that makes such a creation unique and perfect in and of itself. It takes a man mere seconds to create such a 2 dimensional form, and only hours to sculpt something similar. In contrast -- it takes years...centuries...EONS for the universe to mesh in just such a way that an individual unique female can be created, given life, and yet, in the blink of an eye it can be gone. The non-natural colors distance the form from the natural organic form that has become such a topic of taboo and shunned by the media, and bring to light that it is in fact a sculpture -- a work of art.

6. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Or...maybe we just wanna see chicks with blue thingies. Who am I to judge?

7. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    both statements are quite true=)

8. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    although I am still blushing

9. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Hehe...err... :D ...*ahem*...

Well, it appears that if I'm gonna have anything new done for the Renfest, there won't be much new for this Saturday. Stopped at one of the leather shops on the way home from work earlier this evening and talked to the guy there. He knew his stuff, and did some awesome leatherwork...no armor, though. I'm not sure if he was more bewildered that I'd want a nice looking set of armor, or that I'd want a set of armor in the first place.

10. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Doh doh doh!

Spent too much time starting and ending flame wars tonight, and not enough time working leather...

Must...keep...going...

11. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Yep. Still tooling away. Had planned on taking a day off work this week since I've got some unused vacation time, and will probably spend doing this, and something I'm about to post in the X-Wing party thread...

How's the sprite costume going?

12. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    The sprite costume will be done, just not in time for this weekend=( (stupid cruddies have forced me to sleep much more than desired!)

but, the candlestick maker cosume is all repaired and altered and up to speed we will have to make do with that=)

oh, and just so you know, the flogger is out and I will be keeping an eye on you.....

13. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    If Darth Hair and Sith Chick dn't go, could someone, anyone plase pick up my Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet up from them and get it to P_Josh at the Ren Faire?

If they are going, please ignore this post. ;)

14. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    even greater sadness. i doubt i will have a costume for this. uber sucks.

15. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    heya...ok i am too tired to go thru everything, but i am curious. have we decided a 'meeting' place for saturday, time, etc. etc. ok that is all :)

16. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Meeting place? Absolutely not! :D

I was going to say something else, but what distracted by the prospect of flogging...doh.

17. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Wait wait wait!!! On the RFT helmet -- who will actually try to make a RFT costume by then??? If nobody, no need for DH or I to kill ourselves even more with rush projects. :D

18. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I have made some really sucky jewelry. I must put more effort into it next time. Until then, I guess I'm stuck with the sucky jewelry, or maybe I just won't wear any at all :)

The dress has turned out uber cool though! Must finish wig now...

19. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Coolness. :D

And now, I must get back to working on my stuff.

20. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I think we'd left it at meeting at the statue just inside the entrance at 11:00.

If SC can get the RFT helmet to ZOO, I can get it from ZOO on my way down.

21. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    yeah, statue at 11

there is a wooden carved statue just straight up the hill from the front gates. I believe it is a bear or something similar=)

I don't have a cool walkie talkie thingy but I will have my cell phone on me. If you don't have that number nd want it PM me=)

22. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    At this point, it looks pretty unlikely that I'll be able to make it. But, stranger things have happened...

23. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    p-josh-you better watch it! i have been waiting ALL week for tomorrow!!!

terry-if you see zoo could you get one of the imperial stickers from her..she knows what it is.

becca-i dont' need your number, i'll be WITH you! ha ha

stacy-that is sad you can't come...fun will be had by all, well not as much since you won't be there.

sarah-i'll send you better directions, the road i would have sent you on was closed, but it has reopened...

ok i think that is all for now...if i didn't say a personal hi to you...HI! :)

24. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    I was distracted by flogging...what can I say? I also couldn't remember if the statue had actually been decided on or not. Most of Saturday was a blur, and I didn't even have anything to drink. LOL.

25. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    lol

note to self - remember flogger;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.