main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ewok headdress

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by TaunTaunHerder, Oct 11, 2012.

1. TaunTaunHerder

TaunTaunHerder Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 26, 2007
    Has anyone made a replica of the Gurreck skull headdress that Teebo wears? I'd like to make one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Attariel

Attariel Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    For the skull headdress I would use a poly form clay or some other type of oven bake clay. It is relatively light weight and it is super easy to texture and paint once baked. If I were you I would get a foam head and make the initial form on that. Chill it and then test fit it to whoever will be wearing it. You chill it so it wont lose its shape when you are trying it on. Keep in mind that chilling it makes it brittle and it can break or crack. If it does put it back on the foam head and let it get to room temp and you can work with it again and fix any fitting damage. Bake for instructed amount of time. You will probably have slight 'burns' on the edges that rest on the cookie sheet. Not to worry those are easy to cover with paint. As for the paint I suggest acrylic, tempra is ok but it chips more than acrylic and there is a wider range of premade colors for acrylic. I did a foresworn costume that required bone props and was actually able to find an acrylic paint called bone white. It was a slightly yellow tint of white that matched bone rather well. All of these things can be bought at a local hobby or craft store.