main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Expanded Universe Book Club

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Anakin_Skywalker_X, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    considering I just finished it, and it's now my fave EU book, no I don't think I will!

2. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    Thats grate, [face_plain] have u even read the 2 Jedi Apprentice book yet... O yeah NO! because u have not ask for it yet!! :mad:

3. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    O yeah I forgot about this, well I am still going to try and see if there are still any of us out there that like to read.

Well Jedi Apprentice was grate I have not only read the first two books I have reread all 19 Jedi Apprentice books, and I fell that they were very well told stories for being kids book. As some of you know I like the Jedi Apprentice books so much I made a fan film based on it.

Some of the stories in the saga were unforgettable, like book 9 was when a whole book was dedicated to this planet that Obi-wan and Qui-Gon traveled to, the planet Kegan and most of the people don?t want anything to do with the rest of the galaxy. But when a young potential Jedi is discovered there, Qui-Gon and Obi-wan are compelled to visit this strangely isolated world. They are not welcomed with open arms. Instead, Qui-Gon finds him self caught in a web of deception while Obi-wan is imprisoned in a school where thought is dictated, dissent is forbidden, and detention is permanent. On this planet, the Jedi must fight for truth?even though nobody wants to face it.

What funny is once they find the two people, who made this hole planet believe that the Republic is evil, they just were only two, and they clamed to be seers of the future. And when they look at the Jedi (as they were haled off in to a jail cloud car) they yelled out to the city ?THE EVIL THAT WE HAVE ALLWAYS SPOKE OF COMES FROM THE REBULIC, INSIDE THE JEDI!!! IT ALL STARTS WITH IN THE JEDI!!!? the entire city cheered as the two profits where pushed down in to the car.

Later that day Qui- Gon and Obi-wan were getting on there transport to leave, Obi-wan took a last look at Kegan from the landing platform. ?This world was a puzzle to me? ?I still don?t understand how an entire planet could place its trust so blindly in visions and dreams? ?I?m not surprised?, Qui-Gon said. ?All living beings find comfort in a truth that makes their lives easier to bear. Why should the people question a system that brought them ease and comfort?? ?But their freedom was an illusion,? Obi-wan argued. ?We do not know if O-Vieve and V-tan?s visions were wrong, Padawan,? Qui-Gon said thoughtfully. ?O-vieve?s vision of the future was clouded, but that doesn?t make it invalid. Perhaps she just misinterpreted what she saw. ?That I don?t believe,? Obi-wan said. ?I can?t imagine one central evil controlling the whole galaxy. That would be impossible.? ?I hope we do not see it, Obi-wan,? Qui-Gon said. ?But we cannot say it is impossible. Haven?t you experienced enough of chance and evil in the galaxy to realize that? Obi-wan shook his head stubbornly. ?She saw darkness coming from the Jedi itself. That could never happen?.
    Sun suddenly bust though the clouds overhead, dazzling Qui-Gons sight. The glare caused Obi-wans features to blur and dissolve. For a moment, Qui-Gon didn?t see the boy. (This is were I would que duel suns music from ANH) He saw an elder man, alone living on a desolate planet, his only companions his dark memories. Qui-Gon felt the same shiver he?d experienced in O-Vieve?s presence. Did he just have a vision of himself as an elder? Was that the dark vision O-Vieve had seen for him? Then a sudden truth pierced him. That isn?t me. IT IS? Obi-wan. Or was it?
    The sun retreated behind the clouds. The world became clear again. Qui-Gon studied Obi-wan. He saw the familiar boyish features, the shining eyes. He found reassurance in the sight of his youth. The future is not fixed, but fluid, he told himself. Visions did not have to come true.
    ?Qui-Gon, are you all right?? Obi-wan asked. ?Perhaps we should not speak of evil and darkness just as we?ve completed a successful mission,? Qui-Gon suggested lightly. ?Let us enjoy this moment. Justice has returned to Kegan.? ?And if darkness lies ahead of me, I will fight it,? Obi-wan resolved. Qui-Gon put a hand on his shoulder. ?We will fight it together, Padawan.

Ok sorry about all of that I just think that was one of my many favorite endings. Also (spoiler warning!!!! but only if you are planning on reading this saga

4. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    The next book on the curriculum is ?Darth Maul: Saboteur? I have no knowledge of this book. But it has to be voted on if we are to read this one for the month of June of skip to Cloak of Deception. After that I believe Darth Maul well get the chance to be read in ?Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter? witch, I for one, have been Dieing to read sense Darth Mauls death.

SO are we yea or nea on Darth Maul: Saboteur ?[face_plain]

5. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Ok, sense I am apparently the only one who is in this book club I vote to skip "Saboteur" sense we will get plenty of Darth Maul in ?Shadow Hunter? so the next book ?Cloak of Deception? I am really looking forward to reading and fell we should defiantly hit this one.

6. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    I second that!

7. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Great, sounds good!
    So the book for the month of June is ?Cloak of Deception?

8. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Does anyone need a ride to the book store? I am going to go pick up the book tommorow anyone want to hitch a ride with me? ?[face_plain]

9. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Hell yeah I need one!!!

10. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Ok I will pick you up at like 11 k?

11. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Cool! do you remeber how to get to my house?

12. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Yeah I do dude, but learn how to firkin spell! [face_plain]

13. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
  14. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Poor Brandon :( Nobody wants to join his book club :_| I'd join, except I'm not in the IE :)

15. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Its cool, as long as you like to read and you want to know as much as you can about the saga, then you are more then welcome dude ;)I did it because I really wanted to build a sweet library set!

16. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Have you read any of the new Jedi Apprentice series of Anakin? I haven't but will as soon as I have the extra time :p

17. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    No I couldn't get into them because I hate young anakin. Jake ruined it for me. :(

18. JawaGen

JawaGen Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    ani now that school is over i think reading books sounds like a koool idea :D so what are we reading now?

19. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    *asks in really small voice* can I do it to? I have never read any of the books but i would like to

20. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Alright!!! THERE YOU GUYS ARE! Yeah of corers you can join Storm, because as you can see I have been the only one here for some time now [face_laugh] ! If you want to know what books we have already read and what book is next just read the last posts that I spent a lot of time on ;)

The last and first set of books we read were Jedi Apprentice books 1 and 2; I believe Gen has my copy of Jedi Apprentice 1, so if you want to catch up to the club Storm, you can barrow it from her. It's a children?s book so it shouldn?t take you that long to read ;)

And good news for those of you that are broke like me
    science Fiction book club

Check it out you can get 5 books to start at $1.00.

And for those of you that are certainty reading The New Jedi Order (Carl), you can get a hard copy of ever version of the series there. SO your Jedi Order collection can be all hard COVER, SWEET! Plus they have exclusive Special Editions you can only get in there book club.

And for all you Harry Potter fans that don?t have all the books they have those too!
    But you better at lest get one of the books on the list here, because thats the real reson I put it there hehe ;)

21. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Ok heres the Book club thread you were looking for Andrea :D, this is where we...well I, left off at.

22. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    whoa... this thread hath been floated to the top!

23. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Ok so I actually just now starting to read Cloak of Deception so far I like it. It is a really good back round on who the whole TPM got planed out. But it?s like a long hard cover version of Jedi Apprentice, where it?s all about Obi-wan and Qui-gon. It?s kind of boring but has some exciting parts, the cool part is that there are Pirates in this book and a character (who is a captain) that reminds me very much of another popular Pirate that ever one loves (well I know I do at lest)

Now if we want to take a vote and see if everyone would like to start the book reading in another place in the saga, we can do that now if we want because I am tired of being the only one who reads Star Wars around here. HA! AND YOU CALL YOUR SELFS FANS!!!

24. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    :eek: Am I really going to have to start a converstion with my self AGAIN!? [face_plain]

25. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    you sound suprised....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.