main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Experienced 3D Artist Required.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by predinator, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    Hi,
    I am currently in the stages of making a Star Wars fanfilm.
    "One Of A Kind" is loosly based on the Death Star I plans delivery to Princess Leia.

Unfortunately, I have lost contact with the guy who agreed to do the 3D work for the film.

The film requires a few complex 100 % 3D scences - which I feel would have to be done by an experienced artist.

The film will start shooting Jan 03, with a hopeful release by Autumn/Winter 03.

If anybody would be so helpful to offer their services - it would be much appreciated.
    Please contact me with any relevant examples of your work - and I will get back to you with more info, & the script and storyboards.

Many Thanks,
    Neil

2. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Your best bet would be to begin filming first, then come here with footage you need CG added to and ask for help. The thing a lot of 3d artists fear is that they're gonna put a lot of time and hard work into a project that never gets finished.

3. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    "Required"?
    I think you meant "Requested".

4. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Man, you should know that 3D artists usually need hard proof that a film will be completed (such as having the film in the can) before they will commit the insane ammount of time dedication to working on it.

I know it is a sad system but unfortunately that is what we have :(

5. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    ""Required"?
    I think you meant "Requested"."

No, I meant required.

I did ask this question about 6 months ago, and had a huge response. Unfortunately, the guy I thought was the best - wasn't.

The only footage I have at the moment is greenscreen stuff - I do really need a 3D'r working paralell to the rest of the production.

If anybody is interested, or knows someone to ask - please dont hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks,
    Neil

6. kaji

kaji Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2002
    I can help you out let me know what you need done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.