main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Fan Art Class: Version 4.0 (Current Assignment: Coming Soon!)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Looks like the "Boogie Wookiee" is back, gatodama! [face_laugh] Love that! And AACK!!--is anyone else tearing their hair out over wookie fur (corellian_chic242 ;) ...?)!? I'm having almost as much trouble with Chewie's "overcoat" as I had with the droideka! It's coming along, ever-so-slowly--but I don't know if I'm going to have time to get the background done on this one (my honey and I are going out of town next Thursday, and I'm running out of time!). I'll post what I get done, at any rate...

FF

2. Rocie

Rocie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2003
    Despite having some hand problems from my own stupidity, I've started working on the Obi-rain Kenobi. ;) It's actually coming along for me, though the picture printed out with lovely lines going across it. I'll have to re-print or work on it at home with it on the monitor.

3. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Okay...so I was inspired to work (a lot ;) ) over the weekend, and finished both pictures...

Han and Chewbacca:
    [image=http://img222.exs.cx/img222/3941/hanchewieanh3pa.jpg]

Obi Wan:
    [image=http://img222.exs.cx/img222/9061/obiwanaotc3rw.jpg]
    The copy I made from the reference photo for Obi Wan ended up very "fuzzy"--and I'm afraid my drawing ended up the same way: not much detail (as I didn't have a very good reference for it...). I think the "pose" is there, tho...

Hey Han--how's the Indiana Jones poster coming? I can't wait to see more of that! :D

And Rocie--I hope your hand is feeling better! :)

FF

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Rocie: Ehh...hand problems? I hope it doesn't effect your drawing too much. Be sure to rest it. ;) And glad to see that you're giving this challenge a try. I can't wait to see it. :)

FalconFan: Wow! :eek: These two drawings you just presented are some of your best! The liknesses in both are just amazing. Eventhough the Obi-Wan pic was hard to see, you still captured his likeness spot on! Excellent additions! =D=

As for that Indiana Jones poster - it may be on hold for a few days. Just had my wisdom teeth out and I'm one sore puppy at the moment. Although, drawing does take my mind off stuff, so who knows...maybe I will get around to it. ;)

5. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Poor, poor Han!! [face-sympathetic!] Wisdom tooth extraction has to be one of the worst dental procedures to go through! My heart and sympathy go out to you, Mme. Moderator, and I hope you're feeling better real soon! And thanks for the "kudos"--Chewbacca's coat took ages to complete, so I'm glad it looks good to you! :p Again--hope you're back to your regular self very soon!

FF

6. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I wish I had a scanner! :_|

7. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow, FalconFan those are amazing. :eek:
    I particularly like the Han and Chewbacca one!

I had a go at Obi-wan, it took me a while to get the likeness though but I'm quite happy with what I got in the end.
    [image=http://www.freewebs.com/tansy9/obirain3.JPG]

I thought I'd try something slightly different then just shading like I normally do. ;)

8. DarthDogbert

DarthDogbert Jedi Master star 2

Sep 2, 2004
    I used to draw quite a bit and even took a class in college. It's been a while and I have no idea where my supplies are, but this looked like fun and I thought I'd give it a shot. Here's my quick sketch of Obi-Wan and Jango. All I had on hand was a mechanical pencil and printer paper, so excuse the shading. I think I actually did decent on Jango, but the rest was really frustrating without a drawing pencil.

Obi-Wan vs Jango

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Esira, I really like that piece--you got a lot more detail in yours, and it looks like you used markers or felt-tip pens to do it (brave artist! Permanent stuff scares me to death! :p )--I think it looks great, and thank you for your comments on mine! :p

Hey, DarthDogbert (great username, BTW!)--welcome to the thread/forum! Your scene looks good to me, with plenty of motion and action--your figures have a fluidity that still eludes my own work with full bodies. Very nice! Looking forward to seeing more of your work! :D

FF

10. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks FalconFan! I actually used pencil (though I did edit the contrast a bit on photoshop), but I had to press so hard with it in some places that I doubt it would have been erasable anyway! :p
    But thats a point, I should try using markers sometime..thanks for that! :D

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Excellent...more entries! :D

Thanks for participating, everyone! I will try to get around to the critiques when I have time. :)

12. DarthDogbert

DarthDogbert Jedi Master star 2

Sep 2, 2004
    Thanks FalconFan! We members who use alliteration in our user names have got to stick together! :D As for my drawing, my college drawing teacher taught me to use more of a "sketchy" style because I was far too focused on details. I think that helps the "in-motion" feel of it. It also helps when you want to do a drawing before leaving for work.

I've got to say, I am very impressed by the quality of everyone's artwork. Not to say a little intimidated as well. But this is fun, and I've missed using my artistic side lately. Things are getting mighty busy in my life (see sig), so maybe this can serve as a needed momentary distraction.

13. Rocie

Jul 15, 2003
    Well, my hand is feeling a bit better, but I'm not feeling well all over now. I'll try to get the pic done soon, or at least finished to a point that I can post it.

dentists=necessary evil

14. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Erk! I have my pictures up on Photobucket, but it's not letting me upload right now.... And I have the Grievous to show you guys!

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Since I had a bit of a rough week with getting my wisdom teeth out and I now have a few projects due at school, I'm going to extend this particular assignment for another week. I just won't have the time at the moment to come up with a new one at the moment. Hope you guys understand. ;)

With that said, this assignment will now be due on March 13.

16. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    I never did get around to this new assignment, but if I ever do, I'll show y'all.

However, I did finally get Grievous up! :D And here he is. :)

17. PadawanDi

PadawanDi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    I absolutely wish I had a scanner! :_| Unfortunetly, I am cannot show anything I draw. (*Sigh*) I will continue to attempt to draw any assignments you give whenever I get the chance though...

I hope you feel better HS29!

Very nice job on Grievous, corellian_chic =D=

18. Rocie

Jul 15, 2003
    So that's the pic you kept trying to show me, Cece! Well done.

I feel for you, Han. I've had a molar removed (later that day I had a final too!) and I need to get a wisdom tooth and another molar removed in a month or so.

I've been getting over my last dentist appointment and I'm glad that the deadline has been extended. Perhaps I can at least get the hands done. ;)

19. Rocie

Jul 15, 2003
    Well, despite the extended deadline, I don't think I'll be finishing my drawing. Last night, I banged my toe badly, lost my balance, and banged my hand on the wall. My drawing hand. It's still pretty sore right now, and I don't think it'll feel better enough for me to finish it, so I'm posting it as it is now.

Obi-Wan Kenobi, unfinished

Here it is, such as it is. If my hand does get feeling better in time, I'll finish it up. I just can't concentrate on it right now.

<edit> had to update link for a move of the pic. ;)

20. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Very nice so far, Rocie! :D I can't wait to see the finished product.

21. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow Rocie! That's looking great. :)

Hope your hand and your toe feel better soon.

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Poor Rocie!! Hurt your toe--and your hand again? Man, that's just not right! But holy wow on your Obi-Wan!! :eek: That's fabulous! It's very accurate, in position, perspective and proportion--and looks like Ewan, too! You must finish this one for sure! Great job--you're just getting better and better and better! Keep up the great work (when you heal up from all your "boo-boos" that is! ;) )!

FF

23. Rocie

Jul 15, 2003
    The good news is that where my hand was hurting isn't now. I suppose it's good news anyway. Just heal up the finger, and I'll be in good shape. Until my next dental appointment, anyway. That's when things started happenig. (I really don't blame him though. He's a great and gentle dentist)

Glad you like what I did get done before double boo-boo's happened. :D

24. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow Rocie that looks really good! I feel very sorry for you about your hand and toe! I regularly mash up my toe and end up having to hop for the next few days, it very annoying. It must be very frustrating to have you drawing hand bandaged up, I don't think I could cope!!
    Hope they heal up soon because we all love your art! ;)

25. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    You jinxed me, Rocie. :( I just burned my finger with a soldering iron.... It's a good thing I'm not left-handed, or I'd be out of commission, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.