main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Resource FanFic Orientation Guide - Newbies Check In Here! - Interview with a Moderator, Part Ace!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaya Solo, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    I'm in the same boat as Seremela. I've been around for almost a year now, but still feel pretty new. I guess I didn't start posting fanfic until last fall.

Name: SoA
    Boards Most Posted On: Before the Saga almost exclusively
    Types of Stories I Like To Read/Write: I write pretty much only KOTOR-era stuff, though I might branch out in the future. I'm an OC lover. I really don't like writing stories without OCs stuck into them.
    Characters I Like To Read/ Write: OCs! I have a lot of fun with the Ebon Hawk crews, and I'd love to do some more with the KOTOR comics characters.
    Why I'm Here: It's all DWH's fault. Seriously. She convinced me to play KOTOR, mentioned that she had a fanfic around it, and converted me over from a Sailor Moon OC writer (I still write that stuff too though).

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Welcome aboard![:D]

It took me ages not to feel 'new' anymore. I think I am through with that by now.
    *looks at registration date*
    :oops:

If you want to feel like a part of the party, go crash teh social thread. Just do it, repeatedly. Sooner or later they will talk to you.
    I think.:p

Anotehr good way to become part of this place is cahllenges. You get to meet people and all that.:D

3. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome, Jaya Solo and MrsLanna :)

I've browsed through this thread and it's really interesting. And yes, there's a Qui-Gon story thread, I'm So grateful for it, because I find it really hard to browse for stories on these boards, even after almost a year. But that thread is awesome to go through.

Still so very, very much to read [face_hypnotized]

4. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    You can always look for Qui's name using [link=http://f59.aaa.livedoor.jp/~lazykbys/jcfanficthreads.php]lazy's link machine[/link]. :D

5. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Thanks for the link MsLanna. The normal search machine can direct you to the oddest places on this board when you type something in :p

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    For fanfic, there's also [link=http://f59.aaa.livedoor.jp/~lazykbys/jcfanficthreads.php]lazy's magic search site[/link] which is really brilliant :D

7. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Okay, since we both linked to the same site, I'd really like to know what the link machine really is. :confused:
    I have been misguided for - years? [face_worried]

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    :oops: I missed that someone 8-}

The link machine is magic :D

9. AlderaanianJazz

AlderaanianJazz Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2009
    Name: AlderaanianJazz, or Matt. Whichever you prefer.
    Boards Most Posted On: Before the Saga, Fan Fiction Resource
    Types of Stories I Like To Read/Write: I?m into KOTOR at the moment and, with the depth of material presented there, I don?t plan on leaving any time soon. I?ll occasionally write a piece set after the original trilogy, but it?s rare for me.
    Characters I Like To Read/Write: Original characters, and the cast of the Knights of the Old Republic ?duology?.
    Why I'm Here: I was just looking for a place to share my Star Wars fan fiction, and somehow I ended up here on JCF. Liked what I saw, and decided to try it out for a spin.

10. TylaMoore

TylaMoore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2009
    Name: TylaMoore, or Tyla, or Ty. It's all the same to me. ^^ Or for those that dare venture onto ff.net...Shadows of the Storm
    Boards Most Posted On: Before the Saga, Fan Fiction Resource
    Types of Stories I Like To Read/Write: Major KOTOR fan here! I'm addicted to romance and humor, but angst is also in my most read list. What do I write? Mostly romance and humor and angst. Starting to see a pattern here, eh?
    Characters I Like To Read/Write: Original characters, and the entire group of the Knights of the Old Republic series. I love 'em all!
    Why I'm Here: I was growing tired of the limited interactivity on all the other sites I had found and then I found TFN! I lurked around for a bit before I decided "what the hey?" and joined. And now I'm here for all the awesome people and all the diffrent resources I've got here.

11. DrAriafya

DrAriafya Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2009
    Name: DrAriafya or DrG or AKA_Monet
    Boards Most Posted On: Fan Fiction Resource
    Types of Stories I Like To Read/Write: Crafting scientific facts around science fiction for an accurate picture. I think it helps expand one's mind IMHO. Biology, Science
    Characters I Like To Read/Write: Original characters, and the entire group of the Knights of the Old Republic series.
    Why I'm Here: Referred here by Star Wars Blogs as an active resource for those who want to get involved in writing FanFic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.