main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Fanfics you read you wish were completed or a sequel

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SatineNaberrie, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What story would that be that you continued from your friend?

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That was what I was trying to get across also. The closer the authors and the length of the original work would dictate if it would be generally acceptable to make the request. We are in agreement. It's all good.

Force Smuggler it was the fanfic Second To None. It was started by RedGold. I don't even know if she posted it here. I don't think she did. She started it over at our Star Wars Fan Fiction website.

Kahara, Force Smuggler and J_Girl like this.
  3. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Jedi_Lover

Yup, we are. :) Don't mind me, I'm just being wordy tonight.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't think length should matter. For me, it's approach of the one who asks and the decision is solely the original writer's. If you know the person helps.

Kahara and NightWatcher91 like this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    True, it should be solely at the discretion of the original writer. The problem with continuing a story that maybe already 50K words is it may be jarring to the reader to have a person with an entirely different writing style decide to take the story in a totally different direction. The original author should take that into consideration when making the decision to give the story to another writer.

Kahara and NightWatcher91 like this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Thank you JL.

7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    If a writer gives permission for another to take it over they should consider that the new one may tweak what came before to fit their style.

8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    A More Perfect Future series on FFN by LynnisaMystery. Star Wars time travel series where Luke and Leia go back in time from after ROTJ to ROTS and try to prevent Anakin from falling. The next story becomes a ANH redo and the one that needs to be continued has Thrawn leading the Empire after the ANH re-do.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    As is the case with the majority of resource, let's remember this is a thread for general discussion and not talk about specific fics.

10. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    I know I stopped writing the last fic I had ongoing here because my computer crashed. I had it nearly finished, and just couldn't bring myself to re-write the last chapter from scratch. Still holding out hope it can be retrieved, but haven't had a chance to try. It's been a busy year. I've hardly written anything, and didn't even do NaNoWriMo.

When we're all just writing for fun, sometimes life happens. Nobody's got a contract to finish anything here (unless they do, in which case where do I sign up to get paid for writing SW fanfic? :D)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.