main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC FanFilm Viewing Night

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Jun 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Okay, it's just an idea, but I'd really like to get together with various folks here at the Base and watch a couple-three fan films, and then post up Siskle and Ebert style reviews.

Anyone want in on that?

What nights work best for you?

*Derisa*

2. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Fat Jedi Running!

I am available any night but tomorrow this week.

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Hee! Coolness. I'll talk to Rani and see what she's got available. Anyone else?

*Derisa*

4. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    This Wednesday (June 23rd) is bad for me, but any other night is just dandy.

- Rani

5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    I'm liking Thursday. Can't do Friday cuz of ferry trips, and Saturday I'll likely be wiped from work. How does Thursday sound to everyone else? Alakin, can you put the word out via MSN? Sankoo!

*Derisa*

6. twowiththeforce

twowiththeforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2003
    WILL this be on the net DERISA ?

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Not so much, two. We'll be getting together at Rani's house to watch the films and then we'll be reviewing them in a thread here on our forum. Once that's been done, we *may* post a thread to the FanFilms forum to "share the love", as I've been trying to persuade them a good reviews thread will get them more traffic/attention on their work. It's been somewhat of an uphill battle, and I haven't gotten the okay yet, so... that part of the plan is tentative. But we will post here which films we're watching, so you can always watch along and write and post your own comments: that's totally cool with me! :)

But we do less Net events than in person meet-ups: that's the whole purpose of Fan Force, to meet other fans in person. :)

*Derisa*

8. Fletcher_Skittles

Fletcher_Skittles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2004
    im packed up all this week.

9. Fletcher_Skittles

Fletcher_Skittles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2004
  10. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Fletcher, try more bran in your diet. :p

The fanfilm night kinda fell apart due to dinner running late, but the socializing was a lot of fun. Laughter and good conversation was had by Derisa, Alakin, C-4, and myself.

We're going to reschedule the fanfilm watching/review night for a date in the near future. Derisa's looking up fanfilms to add to the list, and she'll pick a kid-free night to have folks over. Watch this thread for further details. :)

- Rani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.