main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Europe Meeting - 2004

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by WhiteHorse, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Anya, by my experience (and by what was explained to me on a travel agency), what cuts down on prices is staying out a night from saturday to sunday.

If you travel on saturday then you can get back already at the next day with the normal price.
    If you happen to travel on Sunday, then you will have to wait till the next sunday to be able to travel back at the normal prices.

In other words, you have to spend the weekend out. Or else it will be priced has a business trip.

This was what happened to me when i went to Paris last Spring. I didn't have any available seats for saturday so i travel on sunday and had to stay there the full week.

Yesterday i arrived late from work at my home and was full of pain on the head, so i didn't work on the site yesterday. Just had dinner and then went to bed. :(

P.S: Remembered now another tip. The more early (in advance) you buy the ticket the more cheap it is also. If you buy with some months antecipation it will be cheaper than buying only 2 or 3 weeks antecipation.

2. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    *pops out of shadows*

Hiya all!

1. I want to come! (that is, if I can afford it and that it'll be some time when I can)

2. For how long? Well, minimum a weekend (friday-sunday), but would be great if longer...

3. When? Well, for me, definately not in June - having my final exams there :(
    I think for me, July would be the best.
    I'm not sure I have time in the two first weeks of August, but might be afterwards...

4. Where? Personally, I'd love to go to Spain or Portugal, and I *think* I can afford to go there...
    But, other places would be cool too!

3. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    :eek: Anya... It's been... years! How are you? What's up???

1. Who really wants to come to a meeting?
    I'd like to, but I'm not 100% sure. It will most likely depend on whether I decide to stay in Wales next year or go back to France - and that's quite a dilemna at the moment... So I really don't know yet!

2. Only weekend or more days?
    More days would be good. There's not really enough time to break the ice, have fun and visit a place in just 2 or 3 days...

3. Which date?
    Not June, and not September!

Spain would be good, Portugal would be a bit too far away...

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I need to hand in my holiday plans for the summer to my work before the 16th of February, do you think we can get a decision before then?

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Hopefully...

A little summary...
    1. Most want to come.
    2. Most want more days than a weekend
    3. Most can't come before August - so August or much later would be the date.
    4. Spain or Portugal are suggested yet.

6. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    About the place...

The next Europe FF is gonna be definitively in Portugal or Spain???

If the meeting would be in Portugal, the place would be Lisbon, no? ?[face_plain]

And if it would be in Spain, I could suggest some really nice places, depends what are you looking for.

7. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Yes. If Portugal. Lisbon is the city. I had some stepbacks on making the candidacy site. But I will launch it in the next 2 or 4 days (at most). It will include photos, summer season prices and other infos. I would work on it a bit more today, but it's already 1H00 AM here and i'm sleeping little and have to wake up early every day for work. So off to bed i'm going.

See ya all tomorrow. :)

8. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
  9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    After reading that, I want to go to Portugal!!!

10. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Wow, very nice site! Lisbon looks like a great city, I would love to go there. :)

11. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] lol Obi Anne.
    But after reading what specifically? ?[face_plain] What in particular. :) The "low" prices? (low for the other europeans that are more well paid than we are here in portugal)

Glad you liked the site. Lot's of work went into it.
    Thanks to Anya for backing me up in my motivation making the site.

12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Well it seemed nice, you have a lot of things planned already, and of course I haven't been to Portugal.

13. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    [voice_Vader] Impressive, most impressive[/voice_Vader]

Nice job, White Horse!

14. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    Good job WH. You should be CR :p
    But be careful, taking care of everything at an European meeting is tiring ;)

15. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    When White decides he wants to do something, there's no stoping him. I remember him talking about this last year, and here is the result. :D

I'm in [face_love] with the photos... I thought I knew Lisbon! :eek:

It's times like these that I'm reminded of how beautiful it can look... :)

16. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Yeah, Obi Anne. I tried to give already some concrete information. So that all could better evaluate the possibility.

Qui-Gina-Jinn. tks :D It was the first site i launched made with flash. I also got happy with the result :)

[face_laugh] LOL Marcolas. Tks. Has for being CR :cool: ;) I'm not trying to run for the position and in fact I think it's already in good and deserving hands. :) Anya has my support to be CR and she knows it. :p I pratically pushed her to the position. :p

Anya. Of course there is stoping me. You can always shoot the horse. :p Yeah.
    I don't believe i said that. :p Horses are beautifull, powerfull and respectable beings.
    But true, i already was talking about it before the Paris meeting took place. But for what i know i was not the first to think of it.. Nin was, i think. The result is a strong candidacy and a cool website, but there is no result yet. The meeting place is still being considered. So let's hold the fireworks :)
    And yeah, i still find myself discovering Lisbon sometimes. And gaining diferent perspectives of her. And a good feeling of proud being a Alfacinha "born in Lisbon" :)
    Ops, must disconnect now, lunch time is over. :) Back to work. ;)

17. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    How many alternatives do we have? To me it seems as if the only choice right now would be Lisbon.

Also what about a date? First week of August would that be ok for most people?

18. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    What about the other cities and countrys that where earlier suggested in this threat?
    Must say I was expecting to see other candidacys.
    Not much to choose from if only exists one candidate. :S It's a bit weird.

Greece, Italy? Spain? wasn't there more candidates?

About the date, seems that the first week of august would be the central date for most people.

19. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    Yeah, it was Spain, but as you know, actually we're not an FF, and I guess we won't be in a long time.

I can help my best, I can suggest cities, places, I can talk with pleople. Of course I would like Spain to become a alternative.

For me, one of the best cities is Seville, easy, it's where I live, and it's not a big city, it's a really nice city (And it's where Ep. II was filmed!!! :p ). It's the place where I can help my best, look for places where we could stay, take pics to show you, work in a schedule..... and all those stuff. That would be nice. I also say this for Granada, Cordoba and other close and nice cities.

But if you folks wanna go to Madrid, Barcelona or other cities, I would help too, but not all I would like, you know, it's a bit far for just go to ask. It's better for me in a close city. That's the problem of not be a FF :(

But yes, Spain is a candidate. Just, let me know if you wanna come to a special place and all those things.

Spain is big, maybe too big :p ;)

About the date, first of August would be cool :cool:

EDIT: About doing a Website like the portuguese... I don't know enough of HTML and all those stuff :_|

20. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    you don't need to do something fancy.
    Information is what is more important. Prices, what to visit, and some photos.
    Try using frontpage.

21. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    For me there will be no way of attending a Euro meet this year. Unfortunately...

I will be on a lot of university field trips which will cost me about 1500 Euros... no way of making it to a meeting this year... :( :( :( :_| :_| :_|

22. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Would have LOVED to make it, Lisboa looks like a wonderful city... but as I am likely to get married in september, my money will be spent in another way. I hope to meet you all in 2005 ;)

23. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    *pops in and sais awild thing*

How about Greece.Though prices will definitely go up this summer due to the Olympics.

But I never said that.

24. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    :( :( Jaina and Nwalme.

Pirry, you can use geocities to build a site easily without any knowledge of programming or HTML... It was the only thing I ever used, but I hear frontpage isn't really hard either. White did a wonderful job with the site, but what really maters is the information it contains -- that's what people really want to know so that they can balance their finances and see if it's possible to attend the meeting, or where it would be better for them. :) The place where more people want to/can go is picked... It would be bad to have Lisbon be the only candidate for the '04 meeting, don't you think? Too bad Spain isn't an oficial chapter. :(

Greece would be harder for me, but tell us more about it Obi_one_and_only. The more information we get, the merrier. :)

25. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Just a thought...

We are about 7 people who wants to come and the time is getting closer and we haven't decided yet, where to meet.
    And thinking of the Jedi-Con, which is some sort of meeting, too, I am wondering, if it isn't better to have the next big meeting in 2005.

In my view then there will be more people and we have more time to decide which country etc.

I think we can make a date right now, because there won't be much changing in comparison to this year.

So, what about august in 2005? :)

Just a thought...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.