main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy Hockey

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Jedi_Natalie, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I have a question for the commish. Natalie is there a prize being given for winning the Fantasy Hockey? Now that we are close to the playoffs I thought I would ask.

2. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm afraid not. There are prizes in leagues where you pay to get in. Since we are in a free league its just sort of the fun of competition. However if you do get #1 then you will be invited to join a winners league next year.

3. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    A-ha! My strategy is working! The Cats are over-confident, preparing for their victory party! Now the Horsemen shall make their move!

Mwu-hahahahahaha! [face_devil]

4. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Don't count on it Dal. This kitty and her army, er team are in this to win this!

5. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Stacey I don't think you've been checking on your team in a while.... Its been a few weeks and your stacking up some injuries. Just thought I'd let you know :) .

6. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Man, Luongo is kicking some butt this week!!! He has two shutouts already this week. I have him in one of my leagues and he's making sure that I'll win goalie stats this week. I also have Kiprusoff in the same league and he got a shutout too. Yeah, I think I'll win goalie stats in my public league this week. :)

7. Blackdog

Blackdog Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2003
    Yay, I'm no longer in last place! :D

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Uh-oh! It's down to the end and I must face the hockey master. Who knows what tricks she has saved to pull out at the end of the season?

9. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Hehe I honestly was never expecting to beat Stacey this year. Her team was just to good. Looking at your stats last week too I think you've got this one unless my guys can really put their stuff together this week.

10. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    I bow to you, Natalie. I thought I had it wrapped up this week, but I missed changing my roster one day last week and it cost me the championship. Bummer! Oh well, I didn't know anything about Fantasy Hockey before I got into this and I think if I make 3rd place it will be wonderful!

11. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I'm just happy to be here. ;)

12. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    I didn't think I'd beat you Stacey - your team was awesome this year! I deff noticed you forgot to change your lines for a couple days and wondered where you disappeared to.

Dal - Your goalies are undefeatable!! Two shutouts in a row! Whoa!!!!!

13. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm just humbled to be here too. I'm up against formidable foe Fayetteville Force for a friendly go.

14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Uh-oh. I didn't realize the final game would be a two week event. I was feeling pretty good going into the weekend, but I don't know if my goalies can sustain their pace for two full weeks. Nat's already closing the gap on me. This could be trouble.

15. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Your goalies last week were a complete wall against. I hadn't realized it was 2 weeks until later as well.

Catching up little by little :p but doubt I'll get the final push.

16. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't know. The goalie stats are incredibly tight. The GAA and Save % seem to change everyday and you've made up those two shutouts. That tie you have could be crucial. It's gonna be interesting, no doubt.

17. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    What's hockey? Just kidding. Let me know when the next one rolls around. Sounds like ya'll are having a lot of fun.

JMK

18. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Good job Dal!! With those stats you deserve that win - it was unreal!

Here is the final ranking:

#1 The Horsemen - Dalton - Dal--Intrepid
    #2 Wolfpack Jedi - Natalie - Jedi_Natalie
    #3 Voorhees - Robby - Boba_Fett_of_Nine
    #4 Coconut Creek Cats - Stacey - stacey113
    #5 Dark Knights - Mandy - Minacia_Brightstar
    #6 jedi on ice - joehahn000
    #7 Fayetteville Force - Chris F - Psycho_Jedi
    #8 Rogue Warriors - Don - TallonKaardgamer
    #9 Spice Miners - Jane - UniversalDestiny
    #10 SharksFan - Chris C - BlackDog
    #11 Cokes Rodeo Warriors - Courtney - Natalie's Roommate
    #12 The Mighty Sabers - Jerri - JediKnight_Jerri

19. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Yay! congrats to everyone, and let's do this again next year! Great bonding experience for all, and thanks to Natalie for a terrific idea and outstanding ongoing fun! :D :D

20. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Whatta good time and you don't have to be a hockey whiz to enjoy it! The Horsemen will drink heavily from their Stanley Cup for about a week. Then preparation begins for next season - you can't rest on your laurels in this league!

21. Blackdog

Blackdog Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2003
    Well at least I can be content to know that my favorite NHL team In Real Life was 2nd in the West and had a GREAT year this year. :)

22. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Dalton, You Rock!!! It was so much fun going head to head with you. I had no clue about hockey but this game was a blast and fairly easy to learn. Next Year we will fight it out again. Congrats Dude!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.