main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite and least-favorite voice actors in The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Mond, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    His Sidious voice is all right. His Chancellor Palpatine is way wrong though IMHO.

2. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I don't mind Ian Abercrombie. I think he does a pretty fair job. Palpatine is grandfatherly, Sidious is creepy. My problem would be that they're a little too raspy in their range, though that could be because they haven't had much opportunity to exhibit more ranges (e.g. gloating, drawling Sidious, or gentle, unassuming quick voiced Palpatine).

Oh, and even though his character was killed off, I absolutely adored Greg Proops as Tal Merrick. Such a gleeful yet deliciously evil character, he made me think that Mark Hammill (using his Joker voice) could have played him too. I just got the impression that he was really having tons of fun with it.

And interestingly, this is not Greg Proops' first time voice acting. He worked alongside Brian George, Nika Futterman and Dee Bradley Baker once on Mike, Lu & Og. :p

3. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    Tal Merrick was played beautifully [face_hypnotized]

I'm so dissapointed Anakin ruined his possibility for later appearances, as he has now with THREE DIFFERENT AWESOME PEOPLE. Durge, Merrick, Trench [face_worried] :_|

Durge would be quite interestingly voiced in the series, if they didn't just recycle Bane's voice because Bane was supposed to be Durge :rolleyes:

4. Eriu

Eriu Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2010
    James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan was perfect, in my opinion. He just pulled off the character's voice. Another voice actor I liked was Olivia d'Abo as Luminara.

My least favourites would have to be Matt Lanter as Anakin, and Catherine Taber as Padme. They have American accents, while they characters they play do not.

And I have to mention that those Irish lemurs really annoyed me with their Irish accents, which is saying a lot because I am Irish!

Kaitan ISB021 likes this.
  5. TheLucasAdvocate1992

TheLucasAdvocate1992 Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 14, 2010
    For my personal favorite voices, I'd have to say Jim Cummings as Hondo and Corey Burton as Cad Bane. For simple reason that both Bane and Hondo have, in my mind, great villain voices.

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm not a fan of Cad Bane's voice at all. Something is very mechanical/synth about it and unbelievable for some reason. Sort of like James Arnold Taylor's Plo Koon voice, which is very bland and non "alien"-like.

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I think the fact that Bane has those tubes sticking out of his cheeks makes the slightly mechanized voice work perfectly for him. I actually miss a little bit more of a mechanized/muffled sound for Plo Koon's voice. You would expect his voice to be a bit weirder with that mask he has to wear.

8. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I'd be happy if they processed other voices a bit as well (but in different ways of course) to make them sound less human.

9. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, I really liked how alien Robonino's voice was. Which made the italian version of him sound all the more annoying.

10. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    This.

Note: It's not really Tom's fault. A number of directors in the business are somewhat "lax" with voice talent.
    If you have a non-demanding director, why knock yourself out. Do your schtick and grab the check.

(See: R. Lee Ermey)

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    True, but I wish he could have not taken them out in Children of the Force. In that Ultimate Battles visual guide, it was said his tubes were embedded in his cheek bones, obviously that's sadly not true.

12. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    "Hokay I shutup now"
    Itsa me! Robonino!

God I hated that fish guy.

Speaking of which, we forgot Tera Sinube's voice actor, Greg Baldwin. I liked this character a lot.

Now, if ADAM Baldwin were in the show, I'd be in love.

13. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Can you imagine if they processed his voice like Robonino's but retained the Italian accent? :D

14. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    That would actually have been better.

...or at least a lesser degree of horrible.

15. Season_3_Rules

Season_3_Rules Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2010
    Here is a commentary with Anakin Skywalker (Season 3: Ziro meets Anakin)
    http://starwars.com/video/view/001090.html

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I've got to say, thanks to Matt Lanter voice acting, I find Anakin Skywalker a likeable character.

As for favourite voice actors in TCW, definitely James Arnold Taylor and Dee Bradley Baker.

P.S: I actually don't find Taber's voice for Padmé annoying. My casual problem with Padmé is related to the episode argument, when she goes on some adventure without reason ("Destroy the Malevolence" comes to mind).

17. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    Good:
    - James Arnold Taylor as Plo Koon and Obi-Wan/2D Obi-Wan/RotS videogame Obi-Wan
    - Corey Burton as Cad Bane and Dooku/2D Dooku/RotS videogame Dooku
    - Tom Kane as Yoda
    - Dee Bradley Baker as the Clones
    - Mat Lucas as 2D Anakin/RotS videogame Anakin
    - TC Carson as Mace Windu/2D Mace Windu/RotS videogame Mace Windu
    Bad:
    - Matt Lanter as Anakin - Just not Hayden

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I have no probs with main characters voices- Ani and Padmé don't match but i like TCW-versions better actually:p

Dooku is pretty much perfect- Gunray is good enough and Bane is nice too....Palpy is nice as well
    clones are ok, Ki-Adi will do
    and jedi we saw in the PT but didn't hear them talking:
    I like the voice created for Plo but he speaks too much and it's annoying :p
    Luminara is excellent- just like i imagined her to sound like... Shaak has too much accent but will do- similar enough to Tfu-Ti
    Aayla is pretty irritating to listen but it fits to her odd persona... Kit is funny as he should be, Adi Gallia has nice deep voice, Barriss has cute girlie voice, Windu is similar enough and Kane has nice Yoda....soooooo jedivoices are fine

what's a prob is sidecharacters with same voices- (in Mandaloretrilogy there is many Anakins, Dao is Obi-Wan with ridiculously overacted accent and Dee Bradley Bakers and Tom Kanes are everywhere[face_tired] )

Phil Lamarr's Bail must be worst- i'm getting used to him- but he is not at all like Jimmy Smiths:oops:

19. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    I'd like to revise what I said about Lanter. He doesn't sound like Hayden, but he has fun with it. Which is good.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I don't find that at all. :p

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  21. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm one of those people who will never check out the names of the writers and the voice actors.

I'm always surprised that almost everyone here knows all these names...

So , since I only know the names of the characters, it could be that several of them are done by the same voice actor... I just have no idea, haha.

I love the voices for:

- Cad Bane
    - Aurra Sing
    - Hondo Ohnaka
    - Asajj Ventress
    - Luminara Unduli
    - Ahsoka Tano
    - Ziro the Hutt
    - Sy Snootles
    - Embo (Dave Filoni!!! - I know THAT one) :p

I dislike the voices for:

- Dooku (sounds off to me, I much prefer Christopher Lee)
    - Padme
    - Anakin (sounds TOTALLY different)
    - Jar Jar in season 1 (sounds fake)
    - Yoda (I could do it better myself - no kidding)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of likes and dislikes, but this is what I can come up with right now.

Bane and Sing are my top favourites though. Ok, AND Snootles. :p

22. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I usually keep track of voice actors the way some people keep track of continuity, EU, and the Mandalorians! [face_laugh]

And yeah, I agree that Christopher Lee is probably THE best Dooku out there (well, out of two, but he's still damn good!). Still, I don't mind TCW's Corey Burton Dooku. I like his delivery. I just find him speaking deeply far more often than Christopher Lee, who would on occasion indulge in the raising of voices to pitch perfect drama. :p

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah i did forget that[face_tired] - nothing is more irritating than Fake JarJar:oops: - Bombad Jedi had "a real one" and i was so happy when Ahmed Best returned in Supply Lines.... if you just have to use JarJar.... please use the real one..... BJ Hughes' JarJar was agony to listen[face_worried]
    Yeah Asajj was nothing to me before TCW-movie- in old series she sounded like a bad joke now she is cool baddie and her voice is very well done.... old series have only 2 worse voices: voice of Grievous (he sounds absolutely stupid) and voice of Saesee Tiin "Attaaaaack!" Damn i cannot watch that scene without laughing[face_laugh]

24. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Worst

Matt Lanter: This guy gives absolutely NO RANGE to Anakin Skywalker. it's like he has one voice for every single mood..

Ashley Eckstein: Same goes for her. She has the same teeny bopper voice for everything..

25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Agreed