main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT favourite classic trilogy movie

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jamack123, Apr 20, 2017.

?

favourite classic trilogy film

Poll closed Apr 27, 2017.
  1. new hope

33.3%
  2. empire strikes back

48.1%
  3. the return of the jedi

18.5%
  1. jamack123

jamack123 Jedi Padawan

Apr 17, 2017
    mines a new hope

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    ROTJ for me (though I acknowledge ESB is the superior film) :cool: I know RO is an Anthology but I wish it was included in the OT section...

3. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015

The OT has 4 movies in it now as far as I am concerned :)

Which I guess makes it the OQ

PymParticles , CT1138 and Avnar like this.
  4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Agreed - The prequel we should have got!

Darth__Lobot likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    ROTJ. I'm a fan of happy endings and redeemed Anakin Skywalker.

And a legion of Palpatine's "best men" got their asses kicked by human-eating teddy bears who worship 3PO. It doesn't get much better than that.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    A New Hope.

7. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    ANH because it's the classic of classics, the cut-loose core of the saga, and a palate cleanser after the Biblical scope and epic opulence of the prequels.

ROTJ because it's more foreboding, more dramatic, and more of a mix-up between wacky pirate-ship heroics and a finely-done chamber opera; the most prequel-esque of the OT.

TESB because it's the lyrical middle (the sequel that lit a thousand fuses), more polished, a little more cared-for, and a dreamy, ponderous mind-**** after the easy charm and loose-goose energy of its forebear.

Chancellor Yoda and Sarge like this.
  8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Empire is my favorite for lots of reasons, a big one being Vader and the I am your father moment.

9. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    It's hard to choose but I'm going with A New Hope because it's the ultimate "feel good" movie if that makes sense. If I'm feeling down or had a bad day or whatever I can put ANH on and watch Luke, Han and Leia beat all the odds and save the day with an amazing soundtrack in the background. The perfect movie to relax and watch.

Sith Lord 2015 and Sarge like this.
  10. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    As a kid it was Return of the Jedi, but as I got older it shifted to The Empire Strikes Back. Though, I do still absolute love every moment of Luke/Vader/Palpatine in the throne room, and the ending with the new theme added in the Special Edition release.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  11. JawaShuffle

JawaShuffle Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 22, 2016
    Empire. I love ANH and RotJ for various reasons, but when I have to actually sit and think about it, ESB will always narrowly win. Luke's training and his growth, the relationship between Han and Leia, all the new characters...there's so much in ESB for me.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  12. Smellmet

Smellmet Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 16, 2017
    I just can't decide between ANH and EBS. ANH is the all time classic that started it all, ESB builds on it to great effect, and is more action packed with more drama, yet wouldn't exist without ANH. It's a tough call.

Chancellor Yoda and JawaShuffle like this.
  13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    A New Hope, particularly because of the first half of the movie. Just feels really unique to me in a way indicative of the movie being a movie, not a franchise. Luke and the people he comes across really seem to inhabit this strange, alien landscape. Of all the entries to follow, AOTC comes closest to giving me this same vibe. Maybe what I'm describing is simply breathing room.

Collipso and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    RotJ. Yes, it has deeper problems than the others, but the power of the themes of repentance and redemption blows me away.

15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I flip-flop between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back a lot. TESB is undoubtedly the better film overall, but occasionally my preference ***** to ANH for personal reasons. Right now, though, TESB has a slight edge over ANH, so that's what got my vote.

A synonym of quadrilogy, and really a more proper way of expressing the idea, is tetralogy. So really, it's still the OT ;)

Darth__Lobot likes this.
  16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Return of the Jedi, and easily. Love all 3 but ROTJ is just amazing. The throne room scenes and the space battle remain highlights of the saga. So much thematic resonance and a culmination of the proceeding 6 films in every way.

17. DealAlterer

DealAlterer Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    It's between ANH and Empire and honestly I don't even like choosing because I can make a compelling argument for both.

18. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Same for me.

19. SmallTatooineSun

SmallTatooineSun Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 16, 2016
    ANH. That doesn't mean I don't like the others, but I can re-watch ANH without skipping any scenes. There is nothing about it that I don't like whereas there are a few things about the others that bug me, even if they are just minor.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  20. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    The Empire Strikes Back. I feel like I have expressed why so many times, but here we go anyway. The lightsaber duel, the score, the way the characters play off each other, the visual effects, the worlds, the plot, and just the overall feeling of the film.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  21. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    The Empire Strikes Back

22. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    It changes a lot for me, but I'd say it would currently be Star Wars.

23. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Return Of The New Empire, is quite possibly the most grossing film ever to be spilled from the MYNDS of mankind(this is including the prequels but I will further distance that thought since those set of movies contradict the flow of my current mindset. I of course, do acknowledge them and they are a vital part into understanding the true definition).

The elective yet "elusive" nature of it's classic aura, spewing queues ranging from FLASH GORDON(tm) to the romanticism's of
    Freudian/Shakespearean esque mythos. Unknowingly to most, Return Of the New Empire is a wildly, raw and explosively expressive of motion pictures displaying the perfect iconography of all things human/inhumane(passionate sexual expression, Alienation, expansive worlds, moral ethics etc). To my knxledge, Lucas is the only one to create such a monstrous being

"You're focus determines your reality".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qigong

The man we never asked for, never wanted and never thought of.

Of course with that said, my most favorite movie is Return Of the Jedi(within the context of the "Origin" films).

It brings together a certain ambiguous narrative...An oddity. But it so eloquent in it's execution and subversion, one cannot deny it's maturity.

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    The 1977 Star Wars is easily my favorite, not only of the OT, but of all movies. It is pure joy.

Grievousdude likes this.
  25. SmallTatooineSun

SmallTatooineSun Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 16, 2016
    Previously I would have said ESB, but I re-watched them both on the weekend, and I I would have to say overall, ANH is my favourite.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.