main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side female jedi costume ideas

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by jedichic07, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Dr Paine,
    That looks great. it does look Jedi. It'd fit with TFU, and New jedi Order.

2. Amanita

Amanita Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    Another one who thinks it looks great- Nice New Republic look! Or perhaps Clone Wars, when some of the Jedi put aside the traditional robes in favour of more practical garb.

For the rest of you ladies, I got a couple of Vogue patterns on sale today:
    #8434, which is a loose, drapey kimono-like wrap top
    #1061, which is a closer fitting wraparound tunic with a built-in hood and some funky pleated detailing in the back.

Either of these would look great incorporated into custom Jedi kits, and if Vogue patterns are on sale in your area, or you can grab them on Ebay, they're well worth checking out.

3. DrPaine

DrPaine Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    Sooo... it goes on :) I had a brainstorming session at uni today in my break and came home to "throw together" possible aditions including the extra belts, a shrug/hood and a brown top for underneath my silk wrap around top.

For the belts:
    I found an old leather belt and had ordered a strip of leather off ebay

Tshirt:
    I completely attacked a brown Tshirt of mine with scissors :D It was fun

Sash:
    I have an additional brown sash at the front now. Far more flattering. I am thinking of turning it into a full skirt, with the cream overlay... think it would look nicer. Any thoughts?

Cloak/hood
    This was something i literally threw together on the sewing machine at home. It was originally a top design, but went belly up. I was going to toss it, but then realised it does work as a shrug. So much more useful than a long brown cloak!

Still missing:
    The arm wraps and the Jedi Boot Spats. Will work on them when I go home in two weeks time for my little brothers halloween party which I still need to organise... oopsy... I still need to find a way to permanently attach the belts too... Some may notice that they have fallen off halfway through the photo taking :p And I need to get a "sash" for my waist which goes all the way around.
    That was just a scrap of fabric that I thought I'd try the look with :) The rest is at my parents house.

Anyway, here are some photos. Front, back side etc and also some with and without "cloak". I have cut off my face in some cause I looked awful... just come back from the gym when I took these ^^ so apologies.

And one photomaniped one, cause I love lightsabers so much :D

Right...

Front

Back

Side

Front with hood

With blade (any ideas for background pls? :p)

Lightsaber

4. Evil-Henchman

Evil-Henchman Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2004
    Never white. White is the worst color to have a lightsaber blade against. Black being the best. As far as pics go of Star Warsy things... maybe this?

[image=http://www.ob1k.com/anakinwall.jpg]

5. DrPaine

DrPaine Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    Thanks muchly :) But I actually managed to dig up a picture from my hard drive which I had saved once whilst browsing the interwebs :D

This is the result:

Tadaaa

So anyway. Sorry, slightly off topic.

Fran x

6. MirkyJedi

MirkyJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2008
    My sister and I have been slacking reeeall badly on the costumes, but we're pretty much finished with the first draft.
    The first draft was made so that we could figure out how to modify the costume so it would fit both our styles, then make duplicates.
    Excuse the incorrect color of the tunic..but its just a rough one. So yeah. The other costumes will be correct shades.:p
    Its kind of a messy job..but it was my first time ever using our sewing machine..[face_blush]
    Rough Draft
    here is a closer look at the costume. closer look

Any suggestions on how to make it better? :)

7. del

del Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2008
    Due to time and money contstraints I might have to scale back my costume a little this year. I don't know if I'll get around to making a new top this week, but since I already have the materials, I am making a belt with the piece hanging down like Shaak Ti and Ahsoka wear. The last time I made an obi-type belt, it bunched and rolled badly, so I'm thinking about using some boning in mine, as well as putting rivets and laces in the back so it would fit a little like a cinch belt.(Only less uncomfortable - Jedi need to breathe to fight the bad guys:) ) Has anyone tried this?

8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    One thing that helps an obi to fit better is to cut the fabric on the bias (diagonally across the weave of the fabric). That gives it a little stretch (but not too much) to fit with. If you look at good photos of Obi-Wan, Mace and Anakin, you can see that their obis are cut on the bias, presumably to get a better fit.

Unfortunately, using stretchy fabric for an obi would probably mean that it would roll very badly.

I have a very long waist, so I haven't had too much trouble with my obi. I've experimented with fitting and found that I could get the obi to sit lower on my hips if I made it from a curved strip. If you have a very narrow waist, the quickest way to fit it would be to wrap a narrower strip under the obi to sort of 'fill in' the waist and put the obi over that. This would probably make you look a little heavier, but it could keep the obi from rolling if it had a flatter surface to lie on.

9. Amanita

Amanita Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    I make my obi sashes almost like my robe collars- a long length of fabric folded over onto itself and sewn. And I put something thicker, like heavy interfacing or heavier fabric inside the obi to give it some more heft and make it resistant to rolling or bunching.

10. Leiaswg1

Leiaswg1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2008
    Hi there !

I just finished a few days ago my jedi costume. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but there is an event at the end of November in which I will take part, so, maybe you'll see me :p

As unusual as it is, I started my costume by the sabre :D I have Mace's sabre. Then I looked up a bit for a blond female Jedi who would have a purple sabre, and it came out that I didn't have much choice : Siri Tachi.

I had already try, without sewing, to make a jedi costume, for a School Carnival (the teacher's theme was Star Wars, but only two of us dressed up, a Vador and me), you can see a pic here : picture 1

There is little information about the costume, so I finally decided to make the best of what I could, since I never sew anything in my life before, except buttons. I had of course the boots, but I also had some summer pants, white/grey, light, that fitted very well. One thing off the list. I did the samed for the undershirt : I had a tunic for the beach that has the same look as Anakin's one on Naboo in Episode 2, except that it's white. There you go... (I used both of them on the picture)

Then I bought some linen-kind fabric for the tunic, in a beige colour. I bought a fabric a little darker for the two pieces coming over the shoulders and the underbelt. I paid about 35 euros for both fabrics... I used a shirt of mine which has quite the same size as the tunic I want, and, well, it's quite ok. Not very good, there is a lot of defaults but for a first costume I think that's not too bad. I've got one picture, but there isn't everything yet and it is not all sewn together, but at least you can see the colours and fabric : picture 2

Then I bought the cape and the leather belt on the internet, because I didn't think I am ready to sew the cape.

And here I am, pseudo-Siri Tachi ! ;)

(now I am planning Leia Bespin escape Costume...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.