main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA FF Richmond Picnic

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Ok...somehow closing the poll in the other thread about the picnic made it eat it....strange considering I closed the others on our boards and they are still here.

So this is where we stand: we need to decide what we want to do. I need from everyone interested in participating in the picnic to post dates when you will NOT be available for a Picnic in either May or June. I think we need at least 2 weeks to plan this thing so no need to worry about anything before the 16-17th of May. Please post soon.

2. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    As of this moment I have no plans for the end of May or the beginning of June.

3. camisa

Aug 20, 2000
    I would like to see us set a date for this picnic. I am available the 21st or the 28th of June. Anyone else?

4. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I would say that the 28th would be the better date as it would give all of us involved with the Holocron Productions group a free weekend :) (as our picnic is the 14th)

we need to decide on everything (which the 28th would give a decent amount of time to plan).

Let me know what you need me to do...I now have some serious planning for a personal event :) but will try to help out in the planning of this picnic too.

5. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    What if we just meet at Dogwood Dell on 6/28 at the amphitheater and have lunch (noon) on the steps. Just bring your own food. No need to really cook out..we could bring a drink, chips and a sandwich and we'll have an outdoorsy lunch..then we could go across the street and walk around Maymont afterwards.

See, no hassles. Just a simple get together.

Keith

6. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    That sounds nice, but won't work. For those of you that do not/ no longer keep up with the HcP boards, I phoned about the Richmond parks and all picnic areas are booked the entire month of June. Pick a different park and maybe it will work.

7. camisa

Aug 20, 2000
    The great thing about Dogwood Dell or even Maymont is that we could bring a blanket and just picnic on the grass. This eliminates having to reserve an area, put money down on it, and have people decide whether they want to pitch in.

8. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    yeah not a bad idea (as long as it is cool that day). It is a lot more trouble than it would seem to get people to pitch in and cover the cost of a group activity.

The only reason I mentioned the fact that everything was full (other than the obivious one of there would be no tables to sit at) would be that it will be really crowded on a weekend at a park where everything is reserved.

9. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Dogwood Dell's amphitheatre is the perfect place to eat with the built in steps. It's grassy and provides a good place to sit. It's not crowded, in fact it's completely dead right there on a weekend. Just bring a blanket or don't. No need to make a reservation. Just plop down for an hour and then leave to walk around.

Keith

10. camisa

Aug 20, 2000
    If you have a nice day in the summer anywhere can be crowded. I'm not concerned with crowds, if they present a problem or not. Should we go ahead with this idea and post it as an official event?

11. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Dogwood Dell's amphitheatre is the perfect place to eat with the built in steps. It's grassy and provides a good place to sit. It's not crowded, in fact it's completely dead right there on a weekend. Just bring a blanket or don't. No need to make a reservation. Just plop down for an hour and then leave to walk around.

Keith, that may be true , but the impression that I got from the reservation lady with Richmond is that everything has been booked. So we may well end up not being able to use it.

As for posting as an offical event, we need to give it a while for others in the group to voice opinions as we have only 3 people's opinions so far

12. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I so wanna say something but I'm going to to edit myself.

Let me rephrase...the place is not booked. It's an entertainment venue that is used only in the evenings, not for lunch because it's not a lunch venue. People can sit there. There are no gates.

13. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I am sorry Keith if I have the wrong impression that it is possible for that place to be booked. You know I have no idea about most of the parks in the area and assumed when I was told that everything was booked, and the amphatheater was on the list to be reserved at anytime, that it could include it.

I do not have a problem going there, actually it would be nice to see people in this group participate in something :) I just want to make sure that we get everyone's input and know what we are getting into, and possibly have a back-up plan as well.

14. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    hi there:) I havent posted or looked @ the boards in a while so i do not know anything going on. i presumed that there was already a picnic. If not is there one scheduled , I did not see what i thought was a SET date. I was curious.

GB

15. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Greg,

No there has not been a date set nor has the picnic already happened. The last word was that Keith wanted to do it this comming weekend or the following one. It is up to everyone to decide when and where we want to have this event.

If it is this weekend, I will not be available. But don't let that stop you. Nor should you let the weather stop you, we were to have crummy weather for the HcP Picnic on Saturday--but it was beautiful!

I would suggest getting a decision made no later than wednesday if you are having it this weekend, so that there will be some time for people to plan accordingly.

16. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I can't do it the 28th any longer. I've agreed to help Pam out with a children's charity event around that time.

I'll make a concerted effort to try for a picnic after July 1st sometime. We'll meet in July if it kills me. Of course, I'd rather not be dead, but you get the point.

Keith

17. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Keith,
    I am glad that you have finally emerged from behind you "forced labour" and are reconsidering you decision to not be an active part of this group. As everyone can tell, this group could use more than me pulling strings to get things organized.

Keep in mind, the weekend of the 4th is NOT a good time to plan a picnic.

18. camisa

Aug 20, 2000
    I would really like to do this, however the second weekend of July is completely out for me as I will be out of town. That bumps us back to the third weekend in July. Can anyone do that weekend? Saturday is the 19th.

19. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Dont know when would be good, gotta wait and see when everyone is available for the RPG. It IS getting started in July.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.