main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC FF Twinning Program

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Jun 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    There is some talk of setting up a new program here on the FF boards. Basically every interested FF chapter would get a 'twin' or sister chapter. The point is to link fans together that wouldn't normally have a chance to meet. It could be as simple as posting on each others boards or perhaps meeting up one day. Let me know if you have questions and if ya'll are interested, I will sign us up. :)

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    sounds good :) do we choose who we get twinned with ?

3. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm with malkie. :)

4. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I believe we get some say in who we get put with. I know that they won't put anyone with someone they don't want. Also, we will probably get to choose whether we want to be put with a group that's very far from us or relatively close. There are pros and cons to each.

5. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Well since I will be should be moving this fall I'd be intersted but I'd like to wait until I know where I'm going so I can possibly meet people in the area I am going to next.

6. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Do we twin with them to be friends? Or do we do we attack and try to overthrow their fanforce? Either way, sounds fun.

7. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Hehehehe. I believe the objective is to become friends and lessen the gaps between groups.

But uh, the attacking part sounds fun too. Maybe we should talk about that part in secret. ;)

8. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    ok, I'd like to be twinned with either NSW or Queensland, Oceania

9. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    They are to far away to attack. I think we should look at a Fanforce within a days drive from here.

10. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Heh.

I'm not sure we'll get to pick the exact FF we hook up with malkie... They're still in the process of seeing which ones are interested, etc.

I can't decide if I want one really far way or sorta close. I'd like to actually be able to meet them in person some day, you know?

11. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    So if Malkie is considered a Fan Force of One and he's twinned, is that considered cloning?

And if we are in fact cloning Malkie, is that a wise course of action? Do we really want clones of Malkie trotting the globe? ?[face_plain]

12. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    1. Twinning sounds fun. We should hook up with someone far enough away to be interesting, but close enough to meet up with.

2. If it's really far away, I vote for Italy. Good excuse for a road trip and I'll translate.

3. Clones of Malkie would be fun, especially if they all go insane as clones always do.

4. if we're going to take over our twinned FF, then I hope it's somewhere really good so we get cool stuff in tribute to us.

13. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    E, Perhaps you could get someone in Key West to start up a Fan Force just for the purpose of you taking it over.

14. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Ooh! Great idea!! Or I'll just move there and you all can twin with me.

15. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Twinning sounds good.It would be nice to have a group that is in traveling distance in case we want to do things together.But a group far far away could also hold some interesting possibilities.I vote yes.

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok, here is the list of participating chapters:

Europe:

FF France North
    FanForce France South
    FFUK
    German Speaking FanForce
    Sweden-The Unknown Regions
    FanForce Finland - Pilvikaupunki
    FF Netherlands/Belgium

North America:

Star Wars NYC
    Indy Knights
    Salt City Jedi (Syracuse NY)
    Philly Outer Rim
    The Bounty Hunter's Guild (Waco TX)
    The Galactic Core (Moncton, Canada)
    Boston Rebels
    The Minnesota Force
    The Galactic Senate
    Mos Alba (Albuquerque NM)
    The Hothlanta Rebels (Atlanta GA)
    San Diego Star Wars Society
    The North Ridge (Buffalo NY)
    The New Jersey Order
    Rhode Squadron (Providence, RI)

Most FFs seem to be looking to twin with someone far, since the point of this whole thing is to bridge the gaps, etc. (Besides, we should be hooking up with the closer FFs on our own anyway... :D) So, if you guys have a preference, please PM me. I need to submit a list of our top three choices. Thanks!

17. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Wow...not that many FF's got involved.

Thanks state for the update...now I have to yell at my CR. :p

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

18. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll take anyone in Europe! Pity the Italians aren't participating, I could use the language practice.

Ok, if I have to make a choice, I'd saymy top 3 are (based entirely on where I'd like to visit):

FFUK
    German Speaking FanForce
    Boston Rebels
    Mos Alba (Albuquerque NM)
    Rhode Squadron (Providence, RI)

ok, that's 4. math is hard.

19. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Cin...I count 5. :p

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.

20. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Like I said. Math is hard.

21. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] X 100. :p

It's one of those days, eh?

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

22. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    "One of those days" is a supreme understatement. It's always the day before a holiday when it all goes quite mad. Hence, my inability to count to 5. I knew I should have stayed home.

23. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Okay ya'll... I got some PMs on the matter too and it seems like we are all thinking along the same lines. :D I will submit our list and then we'll see who the lucky FF is that has to deal with us! Hehehehehe.

24. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Did y'all hear the one about the scientist who cloned himself? The clone had a bad habit of foul language. Finally the scientist got upset enough that he decided to kill the clone. He drove the clone to a bridge and was trying to push him off the bridge when a policeman stopped him. "What exactly are you doing, sir?" "Officer, it's not what it looks like. I'm trying to make an obscene clone fall!"

Drew runs to hide somewhere...

25. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Drew...that is corny...but pretty funny too. ;)

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.