main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: Never Again **A JA fic by Katie** PLEASE READ**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Mar 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Hey guys...this was written by Katie, and is a VERY powerful fic in the wake of current yet tragic events in the real world. She is very interested in feedback. You can email her at the addy below or I will forward any feedback to her!! THANK YOU!! Obi

==========

Warning: This story is based on the school shooting which took place at Santana High School in Santee California, which is merely 15 miles from my home in San Diego. I wrote this story as a way to deal with the tragedy which occurred in my home town and as a way to send a message to people, that violence such as this must be dealt with in order to heal or learn from the event. This is a difficult issue, yet it is the truth. This story contains violence and children dying at the hands of children. I urge anyone who does not wish to read of events such as this to not read this story. Thank you.

Title: Never again
    Author: Katie (sailrscout@home.com)
    Archive :Anyone who would like to post this please contact me.
    Category: Drama and Tragedy
    Rating: PG-13
    Spoilers: None
    Summary: The Jedi are faced with a horrible tragedy and must find a way to move on.
    DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognizable characters, names
    and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm
    Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox. Events are taken from the shooting at Santana High School in Santee California. I am making no money from this story.

Dedication: In memory of Randy Gordon and Bryan Zuckor, the two boys who lost their lives in the shooting at Santana High, and the thirteen people who lost their lives in the Columbine shooting in Littleten Colorado. Also dedicated to all those involved in this tragedy in any way. My heart and prayers are with you always.

Never Again

By: Katie

Jedi Master Qui-gon Jinn stood at the entrance to the apartment he shared with his fifteen year old Apprentice, Obi-wan Kenobi. The boy should have left for his classes five minutes ago. If he did not leave soon he would be late ­which would not be too unusual.

"Obi-wan!" He called. "Sometime today would be nice!"

"Coming! I¹m coming!" The Padawan rushed from the back room, pulled on his cloak while he grabbed his data chips from the table. He stopped at the door to say goodbye to Qui-gon. "I¹m sorry I¹m late again, Master."

Qui-gon could not bring himself to reprimand the boy and only chuckled. "That¹s quite alright, Padawan." Obi-wan¹s expression did not seem believing and Qui-gon was quick to reassure him. "What do you say when you get home from your classes I help you with your homework and then we watch a holo-vid?"

"Really?!" Obi-wan said excitedly.

"My promise."

"Wait a sec. You¹re going to see the Council today, right?"

"Yes, about a mission we might be going on."

"Maybe you shouldn¹t be making promises you can¹t keep, Master."

Qui-gon gave a heartfelt laugh. "The Council can be long winded, Obi-wan, but I assure you I¹ll be home in plenty of time to keep my promise." He ruffled his Padawan¹s short, spiky hair and pushed him through the door. "No get to class or you¹ll be late."

"Yes, Master!" Obi-wan ran down the corridor at top speed. Before he was completely out of sight he turned and waved. "Bye, Master!"

"Goodbye, Padawan!" He called back. After gathering his own things he headed from their quarters and to the upper levels to meet with the Jedi Council.

~*~

Qui-gon had been in discussions with the Council for over two hours now. The Jedi Masters had been explaining their next mission in great detail. ?Hm, maybe Obi-wan was right about making promises I might not be able to keep,¹ he thought to himself with an inward chuckle. He opened his mouth to ask a question, but before he was able to utter a word his hand flung to his head in great pain and the Council mimicked his action. There had just been a great disturbance in the Force and its source was in the Temple.

"Masters! Masters!" Came a frantic voice on a comlin

2. Keyla_Kenobi

Keyla_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2000
    This is INCREDIBLE!! I loved it! It's very well written! and it's a good thing not to forget about this kind of incidents. I live in another country but even though we saw what happend and it was terrible. It's something that never has to happen again.
    A fantabulostic job Katie!!!

3. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    This stuff is scaring me, the fact that is happens. :_| I don't understand why. I've never felt that kind of anger, but I guess they did. :(

This has been the first thing though, to make me *think* about it. Before I dismissed it as something far from my home.

I hope we kids can stop this from happening again. I really do.

4. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thank you guys!! I am passing your comments on to Katie as we speak!!!

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A very poignant story in our troubled times.

Powerfully written Katie and I would only pray every one of those injured in real life have some one to help them through this.

6. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    Powerful. That was great, Katie. The emotions you captured were very real, and I loved how the Temple came together in the aftermath of a tragedy. Very well written. :)

7. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Passing this comments onto Katie as well. Thanks!!!!

8. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  9. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  10. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Very well-written, Katie, and very poignant. You wrote a terrific story that dealt with a delicate issue with care and concern. A great way to help people through these trying times.

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    THANKS!!!!

12. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    This was good. It is a very powerful story. Two years ago my school, in California, had a lock down becasue two teens where seen on campas with guns. I was with the track team waiting for the bus when we were told to run to the libary. May friends and I saw the people with the guns. For about 2 hours or more we had to stay inside waiting to the pelice, how had very big guns, to check the campas. It was then found out the guns where bebeguns and they wer shotting cans. That was not fun because it was a few days after the Calibin shooting in Calorado.

13. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    It hits home with alot of people!

14. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    that was sad. You really did a good job of righting it though, and I have one thing to say, I hope that never happens here.

15. Maru-Ba

Maru-Ba Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    That was wonderful. It really made such a real expericence more uncderstandable using charecters we all know and love. Really good work, makes me think how real things can be. I mean we drill ALL THE TIME for all the drills but you never know what will really happen no matter how safe things seem (the jedi temple for example, or a school) until the unbelieveable happens.

16. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thank everyone. Katie has read all your feedback and it is MUCH appreciated!!!

17. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  18. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  19. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Wow Katie, I am very impressed. It really touched me. I think you did an excellent job. I think it's so sad that kids have to fear going to school. I know some days I do. And I think this fanfic really shows how bad it's gotten that kids are no longer safe in classrooms where they should be safe. This needs to stop.

Congratulations on writing such an excellent peice.

Renton Kenobi

20. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Renton!!!

21. JediPhoenixKatie

JediPhoenixKatie Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2001
    Hi Guys! This is Katie! Just wanted to say a few things. Thanks to everyone for reading my story. I really appreciate the time you've taken to read it and respond. Many thanks. Thank you ObiTheKid for posting for me! You're the best! Thanks again everyone!

22. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Welcome Katie! Thanks for letting me post it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.