main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends FIC: The Ties That BInd (AU, Joon's OC's)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Healer Apprentice Lina, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Title: The Ties that Bind
    Author: Healer Apprentice Lina
    Rating: PG
    Summary: So just HOW protective can masters and friends be?
    Disclaimer: The SW universe belongs to GL. All characters in this one are Jedi Joon?s.

Author?s Note: In keeping w/the AU universe I dreamed up in ?Change of Plans.?

The Ties That Bind

I. Am. Going. To. Kill. Wes.

?You burnt through my training spheres again!? Neela Halcouri all but shouted in the Eaanian?s face.

Looking at the enraged 16 year old, Wes Ban?An felt a smile tug on his lips, but suppressed it.

?I can?t help it if you make lousy training spheres, kiddo,? he said instead. He was answered by a murderous look. ?Oh, come on. They shorted out after only??

?Seven hours! SEVEN BLOODY HOURS! I told you they can?t stay activated after the standard three hours! Why don?t you ever listen to me?? she demanded.

?Cripes, calm down, Neela,? eased Wes, looking amused as Neela practically waved the blackened orbs underneath his nose in a frustrated gesture. ?They?re just training spheres.?

?Why couldn?t you use your own??

?Yours were here and I didn?t feel like running all the way back to get?? Wes thought it best not to finish the answer, seeing the steely look in Neela?s gray eyes.

?I?ve got the Padawan Competitions tomorrow, Wes,? said Neela, looking furious. ?I needed these to use for practice!?

?I?ll lend you mine,? he offered.

?Oh, right. The last time I used those things you modified they nearly took my arm off,? Neela retorted.

?Well, if you can?t take the heat,? he chuckled. Seeing Neela taking aim with the now burned, but-still-usable-as-cannons orbs in her hand to throw at him, he sobered. ?Look, I?ll help you fix them, okay? It?ll take me two hours maximum,? he promised.

?Don?t bother,? said Neela, deciding not to waste what remained of her spheres by using them as blunt instruments against Wes? head. ?I?ll get Knight Winchard to fix them for me.?

Wes raised an eyebrow. ?You?re going to ask Knight Winchard to take time out of his schedule to fix a couple of practice spheres for a padawan??

Neela shrugged. ?He?ll be coming ?round to visit my Master anyway this afternoon. He won?t mind.? Actually, she wasn?t quite sure if he would mind or not. She had first met Knight Winchard during an incredibly frightening moment in her life.

Two years ago her Master had been brought back on a mission to Goliathan, nearly dead from an attack. While Neela was normally used to having to be aggressive with the healers to get some answers, a combination of fear for her Master?s life and a desire not to bother a single healer who might be involved in trying to save her Master from death had left her paralyzed.

She had only snapped out of her frozen panic when a dark-haired knight had come into the infirmary, demanding answers and bullying several healer apprentices mercilessly on the condition of her Master. After watching him for a few moments, she had walked up to state she was Master Damaeo?s padawan and if he was going to start getting answers from healers, he?d better relay them to her as well.

Their mutual vigil over her Master?s long, healing sleep had been almost a silent one. She had been too busy, too focused on reaching her Master through their bond to really pay much attention to the knight, who had introduced himself as Lewix Winchard. After it was confirmed Damaeo Niveh was in the clear and would make a full recovery, she had gotten a clearer mind to actually meet Lewix Winchard properly.

Neela didn?t know just how it was she had been Damaeo Niveh?s padawan for nearly six years and not hear of Lewix Winchard. It seemed that now that she knew of him, stories about the two of them were to be found everywhere. Apparently as students the two had been incredibly close, their friendship rivaled only by their ability to cause chaos when together.

But then apparently, something had happened, causing their friendship to fracture. While she still did not know the details, she did know

2. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    LOL oh these are great, HAL. I love what you've done with this. And Lew telling Damaoe that liking Neela was the most moronic thing he's heard. HA, he's got no clue.

Now you need to do a snapshop of when Damaoe finds out there IS something going on! :D

3. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Thanks JKOW! :D

A few more of these are coming...

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Very cute. I love these little snapshots

5. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000